Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I saw Obama was arrested, and this is clearly important news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

ullerrm posted:

It's Allen West. His idea of "rule of law" is notoriously vague.

Might as well ask Buffalo Bill for his opinions on sustainable cattle farming.

He just wants a vest with udders, is that really so unreasonable?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

That name sounds like one of those "American" names the Japanese devs came up with for that NES baseball game.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/ashiinu/status/1339398787278598145?s=20

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

What the hell is seizing the voting machines even supposed to accomplish? The electors have made their votes, so what does it matter? Why are these people so obsessed with a loving loser who doesn't give a poo poo about them?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm sorry, I'm catching up on today's events, but did Trump just potentially run his mouth into getting bigger stimulus checks for the people?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

So, what does that mean?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

When the senate votes to override tomorrow that Trump's NDAA veto doesn't matter and the bill goes into law. This means changing the names of bases etc.

facialimpediment posted:

Two separate things. The $600 --> $2000 bill is now in the Senate. It needs to clear the 60-vote filibuster hurdle, then pass on a majority vote, then get signed by the President. No idea what happens there - sounds like Schumer/Bernie are going to force a vote on that this week.

The NDAA (funding the Defense Department, though the people were covered in the covid-omnibus) got vetoed and kicked back to Congress. The House voted to override the veto (needed 2/3rds majority), so now that's in the Senate for their veto override vote (needs 2/3rds majority). Mitch wanted to vote on this veto override and get the gently caress out of town, but it sounds like Schumer/Bernie won't let him. Republicans really, really don't want to take that $2K vote.

The deadlines on these two things are January 3rd, when the Congress expires. On January 4th, those actions die - the $2K would have to be reintroduced and the NDAA would have to start again brand-new.

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1343714583287115777

Okay, that makes more sense. And while I'm asking questions, section 230 was the internet bill that could have really hosed over (or will gently caress over) streamers and stuff, right?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

McNally posted:

I get to wait for a physical check. Yay.

Do you mind if I ask why? I've heard about people needing to wait for physical checks, but never really looked into why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

McNally posted:

My only taxable income in 2019 was the Special Survivor Indemnity Allowance I get because my SBP benefits are offset by my DIC benefits. I filed a tax return anyway because that's what I do in mid-January so I ended up with a result of $0 owed/$0 due so the IRS didn't want my direct deposit information.

When it came time to give my direct deposit to the IRS for my first stimulus check, my $0 owed/$0 due circumstances confused the living poo poo out of the system. By the time they got it fixed they had already mailed me a check and wouldn't let me give them my direct deposit information.

Now they're shoving payments out as fast as possible and their portal for stimulus round II isn't working yet.

Oh, so typical government efficiency.