Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

WELCOME TO DECEMBER

thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt0dflSPD5o

A fitting end to 2020 is a thread filled with GOTY, and, more importantly, GAME OF THE DECADE. God do I love listing games in order of how much I like them. :duke:

This Month's Games
  • Twin Mirror - December 1st (it's dontnod's new game, for those of you who love b games like I do).
  • Empire Of Sin - December 1st (John Romero's about to make you off his snitch)
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising - December 3rd
  • Fire Emblem 1 - December 4th
  • John Wick Hex - December 4th (I'm really curious about this one tbh)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - December 8th
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - December 10th (holy gently caress it's actually coming out?!)

GAMES CHAT THREAD BINGO
https://bingobaker.com/#0e71001635b8bfb7

It's bingo! for your posts. Play it! Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
uhhhhh the title???????????????????????

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

uhhhhh the title???????????????????????

I got distracted while I was making the thread ;~; It should have been "unwrapped and preloaded". I messaged a mod to fix it.

e: tbh like, actually thinking what game would qualify for game of the decade is kind of hard, especially in terms of like, impact. Dark Souls and PUBG both shifted the landscape of video games in an incredibly tremendous way. DOOM was the rebirth of the boomer shooter; Journey was one of the really big 'art' games, gone home was the birth of the walking sim, xcom was the rebirth of turn based tactical games.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 1, 2020

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Suddenly all those people we ignored and bullied and gave swirlies to for insisting that actually 2020 wasn't the start of the new decade are sitting pretty high on their horses now that we are in the market for a do-over on the roaring 2020s

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I went through the first stage of the Doom Eternal DLC and I’m tapping out. The combat encounters are just more and more, it sucks to fight in a holding pattern for 10 minutes then die because an archvile spawn on the other side of the and summoned a bunch of buffed enemies. The first stage culminated in two marauders followed by two tyrants with plenty of toxic mancubuses for flavor, and I get the feeling that by the end their big trick will be *three* super enemies at a time.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

I went through the first stage of the Doom Eternal DLC and I’m tapping out. The combat encounters are just more and more, it sucks to fight in a holding pattern for 10 minutes then die because an archvile spawn on the other side of the and summoned a bunch of buffed enemies. The first stage culminated in two marauders followed by two tyrants with plenty of toxic mancubuses for flavor, and I get the feeling that by the end their big trick will be *three* super enemies at a time.

But you're going to miss on the worst plot twist of the year!

man I hope mods update the thread title it's so embarrassing to have gotten distracted like that

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
You did not message me??? I fixed it though :)
And stuck it. And closed the old one.

And now I continue making the new GOTY thread while thinking about going ham with the great club in Dark Souls.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Qdzx1yq.mp4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bowsette

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Grapplejack posted:

But you're going to miss on the worst plot twist of the year!

what's the twist?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkMkVFwAoo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Creeper World 4 December 3rd you philistine

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What loser doesn’t have at least a chimpanzee as a corporate officer?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I had a lot of free time last month for some reason, so I started checking out this dudes videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDkuUZ3F1GU

Even if you don't like Minecraft they're a really really solid watch as the dude tries to survive.
Lots of really impressive plays as well.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Desperately sad that I lost last month's poll. Hopefully being Santa will finally make people love me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

What loser doesn’t have at least a chimpanzee as a corporate officer?

Too busy hanging out with the Chicken :hmmyes:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I’m excited for playing some video games this month.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The new switch firmware let's you use it as the most overkill microsd card reader to get your photos and videos off it and I discovered I have nearly 5gb of animal crossing snaps

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://twitter.com/soltinator/status/1333287221185622017?s=09

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

It's been a hell of a year, gamers.

I'm looking forward to having a couple of weeks off soon and playing some new videogames the entirety of Death Stranding again.

P.S. I bought Kiwami 2, so I'll either start that or use it as motivation to finally finish Judgment AKA Judge Eyes.

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 1, 2020

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Rarity posted:

Bowsette

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shishkabug, Tropicabug, and Instabug were literally right there

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hwurmp posted:

Shishkabug, Tropicabug, and Instabug were literally right there

Get bungered lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Counter point, curly fries for legs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know there's the left joycon drift thing that happens a lot but is the SL + SR buttons on the right joycon not working a thing

I can't switch the right joycon to horizontal mode because those two buttons have stopped working (and in the button input test thing nothing happens when you press them but every other button works fine) I've tried resyncing/updating the controllers etc but nothing seems to work

I've had the joycon drift thing too for a long time so maybe I should finally just get them fixed

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Infinitum posted:

I had a lot of free time last month for some reason, so I started checking out this dudes videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDkuUZ3F1GU

Even if you don't like Minecraft they're a really really solid watch as the dude tries to survive.
Lots of really impressive plays as well.

Yeah, I’ve been watching some of his videos while working from home. They’re really good but I have two criticisms.

1) Dream (the one really good player who sets the videos up and has to survive or beat the game) can hear the other players discus their plans which gives him a pretty huge advantage.

2) Some videos have the premise of “If these four players can kill me they’ll win $20,000” which seems like rich people toying with poor people. Like “haha I have so much disposable income wouldn’t you like to pay off those loans lol? Come and find me!”

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Infinitum today

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I know there's the left joycon drift thing that happens a lot but is the SL + SR buttons on the right joycon not working a thing

I can't switch the right joycon to horizontal mode because those two buttons have stopped working (and in the button input test thing nothing happens when you press them but every other button works fine) I've tried resyncing/updating the controllers etc but nothing seems to work

I've had the joycon drift thing too for a long time so maybe I should finally just get them fixed

One of my OG joycons also has this SL/SR failure. The lights also stopped working.

We have a bunch of spares due to reasons so I've not bothered to look into fixing it, but it's annoying.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

Infinitum today

The rest of this thread today

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Me today
https://twitter.com/SecksWrecks/status/1331414113361276930?s=19

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Doom 64 is strangely brilliant

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

The rest of this thread today

https://i.imgur.com/Dutq7ck.mp4

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I'd keep a Razzby as a pet :3:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

Bowsette

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I'd keep a Razzby as a pet :3:

please remember that pets are for life, not just for Snaxmas

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Everybody go watch Tokyo Godfathers, a good holiday film

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Can we just rename Games to Bowsette? It's clear where loyalties lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
This year I'm going to take the War on Christmas to the streets.