Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Has anyone mentioned yet that Die Hard is a Christmas movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
In doing the year recap for the GOTY thread I went and tallied up all the donations for the ACAB gangtags and wanted to let you know that we currently stand at Games having raised $82,604.50. This is phenomenal and wonderful!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally the season for my favorite Bill Murray movie. That's right that Christmas classic

Groundhog's Day.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Wildtortilla posted:

They haven't because it isnt

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Finally the season for my favorite Bill Murray movie. That's right that Christmas classic

Groundhog's Day.

The movie where he's going around cleaning up the slime??

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

FirstAidKite posted:

The movie where he's going around cleaning up the slime??

Yes. And he eventually wins by eventually firing the slime at high velocity at Severus Snape's head.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

VideoGames posted:

You did not message me??? I fixed it though :)
And stuck it. And closed the old one.

And now I continue making the new GOTY thread while thinking about going ham with the great club in Dark Souls.

I didn't think you were awake so I messaged another mod. Sorry :h: thank you for the fix though :)

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what's the twist?

doomguy is the devil. Evil doomguy shows up at the end lmao

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 1, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

In doing the year recap for the GOTY thread I went and tallied up all the donations for the ACAB gangtags and wanted to let you know that we currently stand at Games having raised $82,604.50. This is phenomenal and wonderful!

Oh hell the gently caress yeah dude. Goons are good people, really glad I was able to help organise and hand out the tags.

:hfive:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

was watching a japanese vtuber talk about what christmas movie she should watch along with chat, and all the Japanese people immediately recommended Die Hard. warms my heart when memes go international

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

You mean to tell me goons are... good? :thunkher:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

was watching a japanese vtuber talk about what christmas movie she should watch along with chat, and all the Japanese people immediately recommended Die Hard. warms my heart when memes go international

It's not a meme, because Die Hard is a Christmas movie. They're stating facts. :colbert:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkVdJXolW_0

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Welcome back Infinitum, we're so glad you're back to tell us about sprinkles on bread again

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Die Hard 3 is my favourite Christmas movie

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Welcome back Infinitum, we're so glad you're back to tell us about sprinkles on bread again

Mate

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pull your head in

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And have some Fairy Bread

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
day 10: it's been over a week since i beat outer wilds. i've been trying to find my way back to other video games but it's not looking good. this may be my last entry

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Next time I do a grocery order, I'll make sure to get fairy bread ingredients and post about it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Violen posted:

day 10: it's been over a week since i beat outer wilds. i've been trying to find my way back to other video games but it's not looking good. this may be my last entry

:justpost:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Also why are we talking about Game of the Decade? I thought last year we decided the decade was 2010-2019

VideoGames posted:

gamers rock!!!!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

BOWSETTE WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've never seen die hard and tbh, i probably never will

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Weedle posted:

BOWSETTE WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!

stop counting!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it's a good movie. won't change your mind about 80s action movies if that's not your thing though. my wife and i watch it every xmas but i will not be participating in the die hard xmas movie discourse

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
there's some kind of outer wilds disease where after you beat it all you're allowed to do is read 50 page threads of other people talking about it and watch strangers playing through it on twitch and/or youtube for the rest of your life or until the sun goes supernova, whichever comes first

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

wuggles posted:

gamers rock!!!!

M-m-m-mods!?!

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
(editors note: violen is aware the sun does not have enough mass to explode in a supernova. they wish for the rest of games chat to acknowledge how smart they are at this time)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Die Hard, the christmas movie which famously defied expectation by having its original theatrical release in July

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I believe in Australia and NZ they celebrate Christmas in July

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hocus Pocus released in July and is therefore my favorite Bastille Day movie.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
the best christmas movie is krampus

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Looper posted:

I've never seen die hard and tbh, i probably never will

I'm not a big film guy but this is petty hosed up

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Very much looking forward to some Fire Emblem action this month. Otherwise, I'll be trying to wrap up Yakuza: Like A Dragon, and play Mile Morales. Maybe 13 Sentinels if I have enough time, but that's third on that list of three.

Also, I have a ban incoming due to failing my games backlog challenge. I'm a failure :eng99:

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
my advise is you can't fail a gaming challenge if you never game

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
well unless the challenge is gaming i guess

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Very much looking forward to some Fire Emblem action this month. Otherwise, I'll be trying to wrap up Yakuza: Like A Dragon, and play Mile Morales. Maybe 13 Sentinels if I have enough time, but that's third on that list of three.

Also, I have a ban incoming due to failing my games backlog challenge. I'm a failure :eng99:

At least you can just say your FF:Tactics save got corrupted and blame that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wonder, can a game that was on my GotY list in 2019 return in 2020?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Did you play it in 2020? If so, yes it should be eligible for your GotY. We're not a publication and it's far more interesting for people to talk about what they played and liked in any single year than limiting yourself to what you played that came out this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

it will receive a score penalty weighted by the average between its overall ranking and your personal ranking, and you just submit a new gif