Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know there's the left joycon drift thing that happens a lot but is the SL + SR buttons on the right joycon not working a thing

I can't switch the right joycon to horizontal mode because those two buttons have stopped working (and in the button input test thing nothing happens when you press them but every other button works fine) I've tried resyncing/updating the controllers etc but nothing seems to work

I've had the joycon drift thing too for a long time so maybe I should finally just get them fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

IIRC Yakuza Kiwami 1 takes place during the holiday szn

Yakuza 5 too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought the VR half life was supposed to be p good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like when the guy pisses on raiden's head

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

The three distinct styles, “Button-mash but you glow blue”, “button-mash but you glow purple”, and the other one (yellow iirc?)

There's no button mashing in Yakuza, learn the moves

is this what people are doing wrong

why am I the one person who likes and enjoys Yakuza combat

why must I shoulder this burden

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it just me being bad or is Zelda's moveset in Hyrule Warriors 2 extremely awkward (meanwhile link with a spear or two handed weapon is v satisfying)

cheetah7071 posted:

Its yooka laylee

The 2D Yooka Laylee was pretty ok

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Vita thread liked it but I guess I just replayed P4G for the 5th time or something instead

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it worth playing that localisation of the original Fire Emblem Nintendo released

I haven't played any FEs older than the GBA ones

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know much about the danganronpa community but I always assumed nagito was one of the more popular characters

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Crash Bandicoot has good sound effects imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy1hdX7_Tw8

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've heard DQXI is v good but I don't like the main guy's hair or outfit so I had no choice but to skip it for now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity's danganronpa posts seem to have inspired Terry Crews

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I played a few hours of Age of Calamity tonight and it's: good

https://twitter.com/HatokTalk/status/1330188876619665408

also the botw music remixes are pretty good so far

link is just eating regular rocks now

https://i.imgur.com/pjQB86O.mp4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Violen posted:

random thought but the thinking emoji is the worst thing ever invented by humans

luckily it doesn't exist outside SA but this one is worse: :allears:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I went through all the games I beat in 2020 and it's unfortunately only like 16 games since I ended up playing a lot of games like Animal Crossing/FFXIV/Spelunky where I'd play for a couple of hours a day over a few months

Also I bought like 15 games that I haven't played yet (including FFVIIR/Hades/Kentucky Route 0 which are probably all going to do p well in the goty thread) or games I only played for like an hour which is a shame because I'm usually pretty good about beating most of the games I buy. January might need to be some kind of revenge month where I get through a bunch of them :hai:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Play Snatcher instead IMHO

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

another successful yakuza platinum :c00l:

actually I still need to find the honk honk women first but then I'm done

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why are CDPR fans like this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Robyn's last album was good too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i listened to a mere 4,000 minutes of spotify this year (I think 28,000 last year) because 90% of my music listening was during the 2-3 hours a day I'd usually spend going to/from work but I've been working from home since March RIP

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

speaking of sucker punch I wonder if Ghosts of Tsushima will make any goty lists because I had forgotten it existed

(i have not looked at the thread yet)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

okay here's a couple groups i like

I am a kpop noob but I like Twice/Loona/Lovelyz/Yukika/Blackpink

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

back when lyrics used to mean something........

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They're announcing the next Smash fighter at the game awards tonight :popeye:

welcome, Kiryu

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It'll probably be the default fortnite guy or something (who i learned is called "jonesy") but I would like a Yakuza rep since Tekken doesn't seem interested/Monhunter/Rayman/Phoenix Wright/BotW2 Zelda?!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Violen posted:

i hope the metroid prime trilogy switch release memes itself into existence someday i really wanna revisit those

I'm hearing that 2021 will be labelled "the year of Samus" to celebrate 35 years of Metroid and we will be getting non-stop Metroid content all year!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Actually it's also the Zelda 35th anniversary next year too so there's a small chance that Link will getting slightly more focus than Samus

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's he think of Cyberpunk though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has anyone ever said: Elden Ringfit

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Big fan of this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if they'll ever let you do the older dungeons with NPCs like they did in Shadowbringers with the Trust System, that was pretty neat (I guess only playing with AI might create bad habits or something though)

I know there's the squadron stuff but the AI is kind of bad in those

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

After getting White Mage/Dark Knight to level 80 I started levelling Red Mage and having to wait more than three seconds to find a party was devastating

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know how obscure it is but Sheep, Dog n Wolf/Sheep Raider is pretty good

It's a stealth/puzzle game where you're Wile E. Coyote's cousin or something and you have to steal sheep using Acme gadgets

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Get Pikmin 1/2 so they finally release 4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why does door = silent hill

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

yeah I've been having PS4 crashes lately...that's right I'm talking Crash 4/CTR and the N Sane Trilogy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

All I want to know is the basic justification for sending a hundred soldiers onto an island to fight to the death?

I think in Apex Legends the lore is that the bad guy from Titanfall 2 started it and they show it on TV/the winner get lots of money/fame. I guess people in-universe follow it like it's the NBA or something except the guy they like will be dead soon

but actually all the legends have secret motivations and are entering the games to avenge their father's deaths or w/e

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

gamer's dilemma #243 - you beat a good game and the credits start to roll. An option to skip appears...what do you do

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'll either listen to the whole voice line or skip when they reach the end of a sentence because it's rude to interrupt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was trying to remember the name of a game that was announced this year, I think it was a 3D character action thing where the enemies are infested with flowers or something but when I try to google it I just get plants vs zombies. It looked v anime

is this real