Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Like a lottery? Sweepstakes? Raffle? Grocery store monopoly game? Something involving dumb luck with a big payoff?

Have you ever entered and won a grand prize or some money on a game show or had a lucky pull on a slot machine? Did it impact your life in a positive or negative way?

I have never won anything but I would love to hear stories of people winning something.

Ralph Hurley fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Last year I entered every contest I could find where the prize is a guitar. Epiphone for instance used to have guitar giveaways on a monthly basis. I haven’t won a guitar yet.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Happy to see so many winners in my thread!
I remembered a time I won something.

My grade school had a graduation ceremony to commemorate the class of 6th graders moving on to middle school next year. Among the awards for best grades, sports and so on, they would announce the winner of the Citizenship Award, which was supposed to be a big deal. It was sort of vague what the qualifications for this award were, but what it amounted to was getting a trophy not for being the best at anything, but just... being nice or something. The award went to the kid who got in the least trouble, didn’t get in fights, didn’t break rules. It was the kind of thing adults thought was wonderful but kids knew was lame.

Yeah I won that poo poo. I remember feeling hopelessly embarrassed by that. My legacy of grade school wasn’t being smart, funny, athletic, or popular, but just being quiet and nice. Good Boy!

Of course nobody cared, and all was quickly forgotten. I still have the trophy. It kind of looks like a tiny Oscar but with both arms outstretched over his head holding a branch.