Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

apparently i won a loving 6800 ULTRA EXTREME EDITION way back when but never got an email or used a throwaway email or something and had no idea till a tinder date looked up my name to make sure i wasnt too freaky and yeah fuckers its on this list

https://www.evga.com/articles/188.asp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

i swear to god the dicks i would suck if i could go back in time and claim my prize it would have changed my life

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

Zombiepop posted:

Yeah I won a cheese during a red cross auction/thingy, some home made poo poo made by an old lady.
There was one cheese for auction as well and it went for like 200$+. This is the most expensive thing ive ever won, it was a raffle and I was 8, I was a sorely disappointed kid lugging around a cheese larger than my head.

man i bet you would kill for a cheese larger than your head these days especially some of that dank home made grandma poo poo

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

Das Boo posted:

My best friend's family won the $1M Publishers Clearing House prize back in the 90's. His pretty teenage sister answered the door in a towel and it was used in their commercials for a while. We had a falling out afterwards as he became just... kinda mean and was pretty vocal about everything he had was better than mine. Anyway, their mom was a gambling addict and they blew through the money in a few years. I got back in touch with his sister a while back and she ended up doing well for herself. My friend got hardcore into drugs and when I tried to reach out to him on Facebook, he just aggressively hit on me so I dropped contact. :smith:

Uh... When I was in high school, I won first place in the Academic Olympics(?) for English in my state. I don't remember much, I just know I got a day off of school and I was reading a book of Stephen King short stories between tests. I was so loving depressed in high school, I barely remember any of it.

hey das boo- you won there a day off is def better than a)openening a door in a towel b)gambling a million a way c)doing drugs until they arent fun and you hit on people on facebook

having to read steven king is def 4th worst on that list good job

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I won an Nvidia 7800 GTX from New Egg years ago when they first started out, I was so loving floored to have won such a cutting edge card- I was playing Everquest at the time, too so it was such a monsterous upgrade. my face hurt for a week I smiled so hard...

In the 5th Grade, I won the King of the Ragamuffin Parade sponsored by the Knights of Columbus. I still even have the trophy. It was a big deal because in order to get the nomination, I had to be nominated by the school that was selected for that year, which was my school. There was a huge writeup in the newspapers, complete with a photo op. I was pulled around the racetrack in a racing harness sulky (that's the kind of horse racing where instead of sitting on top of the horse in a saddle they sit in a racing harness with 2 wheels that the "drivers" ride in behind the horse) along with the Queen of the parade, at Yonkers Raceway in Yonkers, NY.

I was number 1 in the Air Force to sew on Staff Sergeant when I made rank, that was a really bizarre and surreal experience, notably because I did not want the promotion, but I had to test, and didn't want to just "throw" the test, but by passing the test and getting the promotion, I lost out on a separation incentive payment.

I won my settlement after 24 years with the VA for my disability claim.

I'm 55. I would've outlived my medieval counterpart by a couple of decades.

I win at life...

hey man good loving run at everything but as a dude that played (sometimes plays) everquest LOL you know just how unhappy you really are.