Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I won a copy of The Vagina Bible. I forgot I'd entered and it showed up in my mailbox and I couldn't figure out who it was from since there was no congratulatory letter or anything.

Also I don't consider it a random draw win, but when I was 7, I opened a box of Cracker Jack with no prize. After my mother sent a strongly-worded letter, I received a huge box full of Cracker Jack, and one of pretty much every available prize, including a child-size fake gold bracelet, and coupons for a year's worth of free Cracker Jack. I wish I still had the letter that came with it. It was personalized and had a real signature and everything.

Ninja edit: oh and I won 2nd place in a nationally televised karaoke contest. Should've come in first but the host (a sock puppet) tallied the scores incorrectly, but I don't think talent or merit winnings count in this thread, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Bushmaori posted:

Some art and writing prizes for regional things as a kid, though I'm fairly certain they chose the winners for those at random.
I definitely had some artwork chosen to be displayed at some fancy courthouse in Atlanta because 8-year-old me gave it some wise beyond my years title. The display had a write-up by a politician or person of note, I don't recall now. We went to see it and it was the only kiddie art in an exhibit full of high school and college stuff, haha. It was cut out tissue paper shapes glued to a big piece of cardstock and I think the title had something to do with humans being stuck in an urban jungle like it was a zoo or some such I heard and regurgitated.