Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I won a "VIP trip" from Yamaha to the Superbikes event on Phillip Island. The email went into spam of course with a post script like "If you don't reply to this within X days we will re-issue the prize" so I went a bit frantic trying to get into contact with them.
Luckily I did actually get the prize despite it being past X days so I took my Dad and we had a good time. The sweepstakes was supposedly worth $5000 but if you add up the flights, accommodation, and the entry to the event it was probably only $2K, but still nothing to sneeze at for free obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I remembered another one, when I won a "Year's Supply of Shapes" (savoury crackers.)
There was a stupid web game you had to play and get onto a leaderboard, and all the scores on the leaderboard were from obvious cheaters.
So I cheated too and got somewhere on the leaderboard, and other people who cheated quickly beat down my score.
But at the end of the competition for some reason all the truly highest scores were scrubbed, but still leaving the cheating scores below them.
So I won a prize, which was 52 boxes of Shapes, but you could only choose a single flavour, so it wasn't even that useful a prize.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

topher2915 posted:

Sure. So before you go they call send take your measurements for clothes. You fly out there and they have a private room in the airport, right return you get off the plane your luggage disappears and they have a big buffet and drinks in the room. Then a bus comes and gets you to take you to the ranch, which is actually a small private town on the ranch, made up to look like a western town. You go to your room and the bed is full of boots, jackets, hats, smokes, all kind of poo poo.

There is a store in town with more stuff, cameras, belt buckles, etc., And it's all free. You just go shopping by taking things. The meals are all incredible and available 24/7. Everything is spotless, and though smoking is encouraged, you never actually see any butts. Toss it on the ground, it disappears within minutes. There is basically an army of invisible workers and staff around at all times, but who knows where they stay or anything.

You can ride horses, four-wheelers, hummers, snow mobile, zip line, shoot arrows, gamble with their money, hang out at a little blacksmith shop, whatever.

There is a squad of ex-fbi that have a little jail that is just banks and banks of cameras. I talked to them, they say activists try to get on the ranch occasionally, that's why they are there.

When you leave, a person flies out with you to make sure you make it home. Any layovers or delays and they book you hotels and poo poo, you are pretty much under their care until you get in your car to go home.

Anyway, that's the basics. It's loving nuts. Not sure how you could put a dollar amount on it, though they sent me a check for taxes to pay on the actual merchandise value.

Is this real? It sounds like Westworld...