Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
page snype

poo poo, too late

edit: gently caress MY PLAN HAS BACKFIRED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im about to poo poo MY PANTS

Gath
Sep 23, 2009
What about him making GBS threads his pants.

I bet you should stop talking about clown pussy that way.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Is this the diagram you were referring to, Seraph?

e:
also LOL at Lil Swamp Booger Baby's penis!!!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 1, 2020

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

unban OP, open thread

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

thanks for the piss storage diagram

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

SubnormalityStairs posted:

you son of a bitch

fire helmet supremacy

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

yag mi

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The poster below me is gay ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not gay

The poster above me is also gay VVVVVVVVVV

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I'm seeing a rise of homophobia in this thread and it's getting weird.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I was about to congratulate the OP on their brilliant thread, but they don't have PMs and after what they said on page 69, well...

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i never claimed Rogue One was the superior film though???

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bronze Fonz posted:

I really love this song because I can play it at the gym so everyone knows I'm not gay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsSM_YyZ3uU

"I show no love to homo thugs?"

Fonz??? I can't believe you'd endorse this, several pages of discussing 90s g-rap and you lead me to believe you had progressive opinions. I'm sick to my stomach.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Look Pick, no offense, but if you don't know what you're talking about.................................

If we set aside the actual quality of Jaden Smith's musical output for a second, I think that we're kind of forced to address this question: what does his music mean for the landscape of hip hop culture today? I'm pretty sure that Jaden stands for an entirely new kind of rapper: he isn't just some kind of industry plant insofar as he was just some no name rapper who a corporation decided to back, he was almost born as a plant. When you're Will Smith's son, media will pay attention to you no matter what you do. If we think about this in terms of his rap career, I think this has some interesting implications.

When Jaden decided that he wanted to rap, he was already guaranteed that he would get at least some attention for whatever he puts out, whether or not it's bad music (Will Smith's son will inevitably get coverage). What this means is that in contrast to how most rappers get an audience, by putting out mixtapes or whatever, Jaden had an audience the moment he said that he wanted to have a rap career, just because of who he is. As far as I know, this has never happened in hip hop's history. Maybe there have been some instances of someone who was already famous "trying on" rap for a bit, but there has never been someone who was already famous, like Jaden, who decided that they want to be taken seriously in hip hop culture. We can see how effective this was on KTT itself, I have a hard time believing that any of these new Jaden fans would give half a gently caress about his music if he weren't Jaden Smith. His popularity could only have come from the fact that he was associated with fame from the beginning, he has no audience outside of this.

So what do we get with someone who comes from enough money that they are easily able to buy a place in the hip hop scene? After listening to SYRE, I think it's pretty obvious: Jaden is someone who wants to be an artist, but has basically no idea how he actually wants to express himself, so instead what we get is someone REALLY blatantly biting the styles of successful rappers, especially Drake, rapping over (great) beats their parents have the money to purchase. We should be totally clear here: there is no Jaden Smith the rapper without his parent's money. Without the millions backing his career, he would be one of the thousands of mediocre soundcloud rappers who bite what's popular right now so that they can ride the same wave. Jaden is doing the same thing, but the only difference is that he has enough money already to make shamelessly biting Kanye actually sound like Kanye.

For us, I don't think we can deny that Jaden Smith is someone who literally paid money in order to be relevant. Again, without his parent's money, he would just be a nondescript rapper, which he already is, however he has enough funds to make his own mediocrity as a rapper sound good through expensive production work and guaranteed media attention. Let's be totally honest: Jaden is a rich kid who told his rich parents that he wanted to be a rapper, and they made it happen. If he didn't have this background, he wouldn't have a single fan, I think. This poses a serious question to we as people who love hip hop. Can we really support someone who has artificially become part of the rap "scene?" Jaden didn't grind. He didn't have to play lovely shows at bad venues. He didn't have to make a bunch of mixtapes that like 20 people listened to. He told his dad that he wanted to be a rapper, and then, surprise surprise, he became a rapper, with an audience. Do we as rap fans really want capital to be capable of deciding who's music we enjoy so blatantly?

Rap has always been the musical expression of the oppressed. Not to fetishize poverty or something, but rap has historically been the way that the economically exploited black community expressed itself, which is a beautiful thing. Should hip hop listeners really accept some rich kid buying his way into relevancy just because his dad is famous?

If we set aside the actual quality of Jaden Smith's musical output for a second, I think that we're kind of forced to address this question: what does his music mean for the landscape of hip hop culture today? I'm pretty sure that Jaden stands for an entirely new kind of rapper: he isn't just some kind of industry plant insofar as he was just some no name rapper who a corporation decided to back, he was almost born as a plant. When you're Will Smith's son, media will pay attention to you no matter what you do. If we think about this in terms of his rap career, I think this has some interesting implications.

When Jaden decided that he wanted to rap, he was already guaranteed that he would get at least some attention for whatever he puts out, whether or not it's bad music (Will Smith's son will inevitably get coverage). What this means is that in contrast to how most rappers get an audience, by putting out mixtapes or whatever, Jaden had an audience the moment he said that he wanted to have a rap career, just because of who he is. As far as I know, this has never happened in hip hop's history. Maybe there have been some instances of someone who was already famous "trying on" rap for a bit, but there has never been someone who was already famous, like Jaden, who decided that they want to be taken seriously in hip hop culture. We can see how effective this was on KTT itself, I have a hard time believing that any of these new Jaden fans would give half a gently caress about his music if he weren't Jaden Smith. His popularity could only have come from the fact that he was associated with fame from the beginning, he has no audience outside of this.

So what do we get with someone who comes from enough money that they are easily able to buy a place in the hip hop scene? After listening to SYRE, I think it's pretty obvious: Jaden is someone who wants to be an artist, but has basically no idea how he actually wants to express himself, so instead what we get is someone REALLY blatantly biting the styles of successful rappers, especially Drake, rapping over (great) beats their parents have the money to purchase. We should be totally clear here: there is no Jaden Smith the rapper without his parent's money. Without the millions backing his career, he would be one of the thousands of mediocre soundcloud rappers who bite what's popular right now so that they can ride the same wave. Jaden is doing the same thing, but the only difference is that he has enough money already to make shamelessly biting Kanye actually sound like Kanye.

For us, I don't think we can deny that Jaden Smith is someone who literally paid money in order to be relevant. Again, without his parent's money, he would just be a nondescript rapper, which he already is, however he has enough funds to make his own mediocrity as a rapper sound good through expensive production work and guaranteed media attention. Let's be totally honest: Jaden is a rich kid who told his rich parents that he wanted to be a rapper, and they made it happen. If he didn't have this background, he wouldn't have a single fan, I think. This poses a serious question to we as people who love hip hop. Can we really support someone who has artificially become part of the rap "scene?" Jaden didn't grind. He didn't have to play lovely shows at bad venues. He didn't have to make a bunch of mixtapes that like 20 people listened to. He told his dad that he wanted to be a rapper, and then, surprise surprise, he became a rapper, with an audience. Do we as rap fans really want capital to be capable of deciding who's music we enjoy so blatantly?

Rap has always been the musical expression of the oppressed. Not to fetishize poverty or something, but rap has historically been the way that the economically exploited black community expressed itself, which is a beautiful thing. Should hip hop listeners really accept some rich kid buying his way into relevancy just because his dad is famous?

I really love this song because I can play it at the gym so everyone knows I'm not gay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsSM_YyZ3uU

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Blow the poo poo into my rear end in a top hat you father of a bitch

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Rogue One is the superior film.

Dude, you're loving insane. Holy poo poo what a terrible take. Please ban yourself.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Can we please stop this Jaden Smith derail?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Yeoobabab

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

benjamin button thread

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Cast iron pans are useless loving bullshit

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Everyone hold on to your seats, Bronzy's gonna start talking about the extremely important stuff.
:nallears:

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Return would be better than Rogue if not for the Ewoks, so Rogue One is the superior film.

Empire still beats them all

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The exact ranking of Rogue One is hard to say but what's easy to say is that it is better than every other film not part of the original trilogy.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The next person that tries to rank where Rogue One is with regards to other Star Wars movies for children has mental problems

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Why is it all the creeps show up after Pick posts in a thread? You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Serapocalpyse
Dec 2, 2020

by docbeard
Buy eGold!

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I bet you a loving idiot is about to register an account on this forum, any moment now the stupidest loving rear end in a top hat will register an account!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

yag m'i

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I just wonder what Seraph84's up to

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

lol that was such a funny idea I had to draw it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That goon's just going whole hog on that turkey. He should've been Goya's model for the Saturn pic.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

e: poo poo wrong thread

Wait gently caress quote != edit

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

So what do you think their farts smell like haha

Extrinsic Value
Dec 2, 2020

by Pragmatica
Holy poo poo they actually unbanned me. Now I'm going to stop troll posting antagonistically and do my best!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone got that weird gif of Takeshi 69 with someone else's face?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Lowtax posted:

gently caress it, against the advice of my lawyers; neato burrito I'm taking the forums back and giving them to you! Eat Fresh!

:monocle::monocle::monocle::monocle:

Sonofabitch, you really did it. Well, time to unban Paradol Ex!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:firstpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
edit : edit : edit : edit : edit : edit :

poo poo post is not edit