Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

When he came out I was like, "Huh, that looks pretty good, what's the big fuss?" And then I got really upset when he held the sword above his head...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is this Ali's latest hack

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think everyone should take this seriously until given a reason not to. it appears that their first signing is candy lee as a nitro girl. hopefully this time the nitro girls are a cool stable focused on both wrestling and dancing, and most importantly having fun

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I wonder how Vince would react to realizing that how much happier AEW wrestlers seem to be? Would it just be utter revulsion, confusion, or would he declare mandatory happiness backstage?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Covid will continue until morale improves

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

last night i had a dream that vince came up with the idea that fans coming to shows would be confused by the lack of camera cuts and shaking when they were watching the show live in person, so he installed a thing to make all the seats shake when the cameras did, and blinked all the lights off and on every time there was a camera cut. there were many lawsuits about it and he won all of them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

I wonder how Vince would react to realizing that how much happier AEW wrestlers seem to be? Would it just be utter revulsion, confusion, or would he declare mandatory happiness backstage?

He literally would forget seconds later

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seconds before forgetting, he would say that it's impossible to be true, and fire the person who told him even if they do not work at wwe

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ChrisBTY posted:

Someone photoshop Vince McMahon's face onto the cover of the Weird Al album 'Mandatory Fun', thanks in advance.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

why do that when they did this already

https://dai.ly/x2dk04

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/FiendWWE/status/1334125162552291330

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Pat Patterson has passed away.

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-hall-of-famer-pat-patterson-passes-away

I didn't even know he had cancer. Absolutely sad.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

big rip

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Who's left that was on Legends House? Hacksaw, Hillbilly Jim, and Jimmy Hart?

poo poo, that was only five years ago.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Who's left that was on Legends House? Hacksaw, Hillbilly Jim, and Jimmy Hart?

poo poo, that was only five years ago.

Tony Atlas is still alive, isn't he?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was under the impression he had also passed away this year, apparently not. My mistake.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only one hired back after resigning due to the ring boy scandal. Rest in peace legend

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

was he not a nonce then, genuine question, not being facetious

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

the only one hired back after resigning due to the ring boy scandal. Rest in peace legend

The only one who didn’t do anything.

Pat got tossed in because he was gay and some may not remember in the late 80s/90s and even now that being gay meant child molester.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tom cole was one of the ring boys at age 13. 9 years later he made the claim that patterson would touch them and make sexual gestures toward them. Don't know if he was later outed as lying? I didn't see anything like that

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the fiend is so fuckinf twisted and deranged

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cavauro posted:

i think everyone should take this seriously until given a reason not to. it appears that their first signing is candy lee as a nitro girl. hopefully this time the nitro girls are a cool stable focused on both wrestling and dancing, and most importantly having fun

they're one of those anime-type things where they dance but also just beat the ever loving poo poo out of people while dancing? I'm cool with that.

Cavauro posted:

tom cole was one of the ring boys at age 13. 9 years later he made the claim that patterson would touch them and make sexual gestures toward them. Don't know if he was later outed as lying? I didn't see anything like that

I feel like he did rescind it but google isn't finding me anything

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
From what I've gathered over the years, and of course Bix or MRT can correct me, that "he was targeted because he was gay" was a convenient excuse to rehire him. Also, Mel Phillips was rehired, so it's not like they actually gave a poo poo. And they continue to treat LGBTQ employees like garbage to this day, so I doubt they were champions of the movement back in the 80s other than trying to save Patterson's rear end.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Real touching statement from Kevin Owens

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/1334154025848229894

He seems absolutely she’ll shocked

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I feel like he did rescind it but google isn't finding me anything

Didn't he only rescind it once he started receiving checks during Linda's two disastrous Senate campaigns?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hope this is all figured out by dinnertime so i can know if i should be sad for his friends + family

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

yea ok posted:

hope this is all figured out by dinnertime so i can know if i should be sad for his friends + family

Someone literally asked the question you turd sundae.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

From what I've gathered over the years, and of course Bix or MRT can correct me, that "he was targeted because he was gay" was a convenient excuse to rehire him. Also, Mel Phillips was rehired, so it's not like they actually gave a poo poo. And they continue to treat LGBTQ employees like garbage to this day, so I doubt they were champions of the movement back in the 80s other than trying to save Patterson's rear end.

It’s the WWE...they treat everyone except a few too people like poo poo.

Also if you don’t think the fact Pat was gay was enough of a reason for him being accused and having to be “preventively fired” I think you forget that being gay alone was pretty much an acceptable and legal reason to fire people in the 80s/90s.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Someone literally asked the question you turd sundae.

aye

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It’s the WWE...they treat everyone except a few too people like poo poo.

Also if you don’t think the fact Pat was gay was enough of a reason for him being accused and having to be “preventively fired” I think you forget that being gay alone was pretty much an acceptable and legal reason to fire people in the 80s/90s.

I'm well aware of what it was like for LGBTQ people in the 80s, I'm not that young and my cousin was murdered for making the mistake of hitting on a guy in a bar and all he got was an involuntary manslaughter charge because "What was he supposed to do when some guy starts flirting with him? He just snapped!"

Is the word you're looking for preemptively? Because I get why it worked out the way it did, but since then, if I'm not mistaken, there have been stories that insinuated that it was a convenient excuse. Which is probably why I said "Someone else could correct me on this" but don't let that stop you.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i dont remember about tom cole but the murray hodgson accusations were absolutely fake

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it appears possible that my understanding of the situation may have been outdated. I want to apologize for my cynical remark which gave rise to that topic of conversation and offer a sincere rest in peace to the deceased. let us be civil and—above all—slay!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm well aware of what it was like for LGBTQ people in the 80s, I'm not that young and my cousin was murdered for making the mistake of hitting on a guy in a bar and all he got was an involuntary manslaughter charge because "What was he supposed to do when some guy starts flirting with him? He just snapped!"

Is the word you're looking for preemptively? Because I get why it worked out the way it did, but since then, if I'm not mistaken, there have been stories that insinuated that it was a convenient excuse. Which is probably why I said "Someone else could correct me on this" but don't let that stop you.

Preemptive probably is a more accurate choice. I feel like Meltzer once said it wasn’t true and it was more he was gay. Of course I can’t find the source.

Also I should say that even though it was a direct quote response it was meant as a more of a general response just because I think people sometimes forget just how different society was in the early Simpsons seasons vs now (odd measuring stick I admit, but I was just thinking just how long the show was on).

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

The Fiend is turning into Chuck Tingle.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

how many times have we gotten the tremendously transparent “Triple H was at the taping instead of [x] and everyone was happy about it” stories in the last 5 years

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Alexander Fox turns out to be Mike Quackenbush with a fake mustache.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

What's Alex Fortenblush doing in the Nytro Zone?!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm here to say I hope the wrestlers unionize or get accepted into a Union. gently caress the WWE.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ChrisBTY posted:

He'll see the BTE stuff, decide to do the WWE version to show up AEW, then script the thing so heavily that everyone can tell how miserable the wrestlers are performing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bard Maddox posted:

how many times have we gotten the tremendously transparent “Triple H was at the taping instead of [x] and everyone was happy about it” stories in the last 5 years

If HHH makes everyone so happy then he should be at every show