Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Blaise330 posted:

Don't school backpacks have to be transparent? Unless this is meant for an adult to wear

... the gently caress dystopian hell hole is America?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lid posted:

I think you know the answer to that question.

And afaik the transparent backpacks thing is on a per school basis. I have an unfortunately all too real experience with this and in my school's case this was only enforced for a year or so. This was, like, 15 years ago though at this point so who knows!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

The kind of dystopian hell hole where school shootings are just par for the course

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lid posted:

Jeffrey Tambor's got more appeal than you'd think.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok but for real, Google school to prison pipeline if you don't know much about American schools. Have fun learning to hate us even more.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

kitten emergency posted:

do you know a child that is being bullied? want to ensure it continues?

Does this come with the dumb edgy tweets where he complains about jerking off too hard or something?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lid posted:

You can die by guns in many different ways unless you die of sickness because you can't afford your life saving medicine.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

What the gently caress am I supposed to be feeling with this poo poo?

This should probably be the thread title forever

Also I'm not surprised about WWE wanting to lock Riddle in long term, birds of a feather and all that

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

USA is really pissed and wants an edgy dark adult product says some websites

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

yea ok posted:

i saw that, idk if the source i saw is...... at all reputable but regardless i will believe it to be true and i await vince's panic response. (we're getting one monday whether its real or not lol)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

America is dark and edgy and hosed up enough

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

RAW underground wasn't enough?!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
IMO whoever's booking the US is doing a real bad job.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can you imagine them trying to book the Attitude Era with their current lovely production values and refusal to book anyone above The Brand?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I wanna see a dork kid wearing both

kid? Everybody knows the real market for wrestling merchandise are 35year olds living in their mums basement.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity posted:

Can you imagine them trying to book the Attitude Era with their current lovely production values and refusal to book anyone above The Brand?
Don't forget old timers being held above any new emerging star

Imagine the hierarchy would be like

The Authority*
The Brand
Old Timers
Potential New Stars
Potential New Stars who are POC
Actual Jobbers

Yeah they'd ruin the Rock with the current product and management.

* Or whatever lovely name they have for themselves at the time, you know what I mean

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Current WWE would have Rocky Maivia cutting happy to be here baby face promos from his debut until 2001 or 2002 where he would have been released unceremoniously. He'd probably be working at a car dealership right now.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

imagine the camera shot doing a cut between Stone Cold doing the gut kick and the stunner every single time

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

imagine the camera shot doing a cut between Stone Cold doing the gut kick and the stunner every single time

I'm imagining Rocky doing his rapid-fire open-hand slaps and just visualising all those camera cuts is making me nauseous.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rarity posted:

Austin comes out, grabs a mic. "Well ahm sorry Mr. McMahon, sir. Please don't suspend me. I need ma job. What I did was wrong" Hangs his head, walks off in shame

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

yea ok posted:

Frank Miller's Monday Night Raw

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Erebus posted:

Frank Miller's Monday Night Raw

But sadly it isn’t Sin City, DKR or Daredevil era “entertaining but problematic” Frank Miller but post 911 “holy poo poo he lost his mind and super friggin racist” Frank Miller. Ratings continue to plummet but Vince loves it and makes billions in between chasing people with his poopy diapers. Ricochet and Lana still happy to be there.

Also don’t google schools for prisons as ... Jesus.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Tonfa posted:

Austin comes out, grabs a mic. "Well ahm sorry Mr. McMahon, sir. Please don't suspend me. I need ma job. What I did was wrong" Hangs his head, walks off in shame

It's so low-key compared to everything else that's happened but every once in awhile I remember that at the peak of Becky's rise they seriously ran an angle where she had to humiliate herself in front of Triple H and Stephanie for basically nothing and it's incredible all over again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CarlCX posted:

It's so low-key compared to everything else that's happened but every once in awhile I remember that at the peak of Becky's rise they seriously ran an angle where she had to humiliate herself in front of Triple H and Stephanie for basically nothing and it's incredible all over again.

I still can't believe that happened. They demanded she apologize and... she just meekly did and then Vince came out and hosed her over anyway and apparently HHH and Stephanie were supposed to be the faces in the situation? :psyduck:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Aphrodite posted:

Jeffrey Tambor's got more appeal than you'd think.

Him?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown Results 12/18:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Kevin Owens opened the show warning Roman he was gonna gently caress him up at TLC. Paul Heyman retorted that Roman would gently caress Owens up. Owens said he was gonna go backstage and find Roman and gently caress him up.
  • Roman came to the ring after Owens left, then he and Jey jumped Owens when he came back and they hosed him up.
  • After a commercial break, Roman instructed Jey Uso to go finish off Kevin Owens for good.
  • The Street Profits (C) defeated Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode to retain the Smackdown Tag Team Titles. Ford pinned Roode while holding the tights, after Roode tried to do the same to him.
  • Lil' Naitch talked mad poo poo to Ziggler & Roode post-match when they tried to intimidate them and warned them they'd get suspended if they didn't back the gently caress down.
  • Jey Uso assaulted Kevin Owens with a chair.
  • Bianca Belair cut a promo on Bayley backstage. Liv Morgan told Ruby Riott she wants to fight Wonder Woman (the character, not the actor).
  • Riott Squad defeated Billie Kay and Tamina. Tamina.
  • Carmella did an incredibly awful promo, then Sasha Banks beat her rear end. The sommelier got involved, Sasha was dumb enough to start attacking him and Carmella hit her in the back with a bottle again.
  • Jey Uso put Kevin Owens through a table while he was being checked on by doctors.
  • Otis defeated Shinsuke Nakamura in a singles match despite bad advice from Chad Gable. The match in which Otis defeated one of the greatest wrestlers of all time was over in a few minutes and Corey Graves said it was "a little drawn out".
  • BIG E got his hands on the envelopes for Sami Zayn's "Sami Awards".
  • Sami Zayn presented The Sami Awards. The Year in Review was about Sami returning. Comeback of the Year was won by Sami Zayn. Match of the Year was won by Sami beating AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy. Superstar of the Year went to.... BIG E. BIG E beat up Sami when he tried to correct this.
  • Bayley defeated Bianca Belair in a singles match, after raking Bianca's eyes to get the advantage. Match was good with a less than stellar ending.
  • Kevin Owens interrupted Roman Reigns' in-ring promo, took out Jey with a chair and started fighting Roman, then got jumped by Jey who gave chairs to Roman who hosed Owens up with them. They then put Owens through a table, then Roman put him through a table again, then buried Owens under chairs, tables and ladders.
  • Roman left and was interviewed backstage, but got distracted by seeing Owens get back up with a mic and declare they couldn't keep him down and he would win the Universal Title at TLC or die trying.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

yea ok posted:

YES! YES DAMMIT! It's time to return to the roots. Episodes of RAW need to be saucy, sassy, and followed by ALL NEW episodes of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkGU85Y7bpE

bartok
May 10, 2006

Why would I want to watch a PPV where the challenger was chumped out multiple times by the world champion's cousin?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Otis defeated Shinsuke Nakamura in a singles match despite bad advice from Chad Gable. The match in which Otis defeated one of the greatest wrestlers of all time was over in a few minutes and Corey Graves said it was "a little drawn out".

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1340119798932525056

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I mean, I think he's pretty content and treating this entire WWE thing as his retirement years where he earns money while phoning it in and then loving about surfing and spending time with his family... but maaaaan Shinsuke Nakamura at his best was so, so loving great.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amazing that WWE had two huge japanese stars win the Rumble the same year and then neither of them got to be champ at Mania

Has a japanese wrestler ever held the men's world championship?

e: the joke answer is Yokozuna of course but obviously he doesn't count

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 19, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Intruder posted:

Amazing that WWE had two huge japanese stars win the Rumble the same year and then neither of them got to be champ at Mania

Has a japanese wrestler ever held the men's world championship?

e: the joke answer is Yokozuna of course but obviously he doesn't count

Not officially recognized but Inoki had the WWWF title and Fujinami held the NWA/WCW world title

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Not officially recognized but Inoki had the WWWF title and Fujinami held the NWA/WCW world title

so did Chono and Mutoh

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
We love jobbing bianca out already don’t we folks

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I like how the split Billie and Peyton and proceeded to make both if them less over than they were as a unit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So how many matches are booked for TLC?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rarity posted:

6?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a jammed-packed 14 matches

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry. i was thinking of Youtube's aew dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Rarity posted:

I know people give WWE poo poo for lacking long-term booking, but it's pretty unreasonable to expect them to have matches set for a PPV in 51 weeks