Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TV Zombie posted:

Is it just me or is this a good number for RAW nowadays

I know you specified nowadays, but it reminded me that I posted this a little over a year ago:

The joke was playing on the fact that, at the time, the show had gotten SO bad that now the third hour of the show was sometimes dipping down (just) below 2 million viewers. That was a year ago, and now nobody even blinks at the fact each hour is well below 2 million.

The Christmas week episode last year was a taped show and it still averaged 1.8 million viewers (well below the surrounding weeks), so at 2019's worst it was better than the comparable 2020 week that was actually considered an improvement over prior 2020 weeks.

Here's a look at the decline over the last few years:

2020 Total: 97.744 million viewers over 52 episodes. 2020 Average: 1.880 million viewers per episode
2019 Total: 125.746 million viewers over 52 episodes. 2019 Average: 2.418 million viewers per episode.
2018 Total: 149.628 million viewers over 53 episodes. 2018 Average: 2.823 million viewers per episode.
2017 Total: 156.971 million viewers over 52 episodes. 2017 Average: 3.018 million viewers per episode.

Sourced from Wrestlinginc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Karma Tornado posted:

they should just show the segment where he stepped in the limo that blew up, fade to black, and never reference him him

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Find the voicemail Trump left Linda thinking Vince was for-realsies dead and play it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

Shawn should follow Russo's example and turn the WWE into a Christian fed with a sword instead of a belt

and hell, I'd watch

Vince literally gave Drew a sword.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

Maybe when HHH takes over, he'll give HBK some more power or something.

Shawn does seem to be a legit good guy nowadays and can certainly teach guys a lot of things. I don't know how involved he's been in booking though. But I'd give him a chance over Pritchard or Heyman nowadays.

Shawn has been a driving force in making big NXT matches into melodrama fests.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I would like to see a Kevin Dunn-controlled wrestling product in the same way that I would like to see another big swing by Tommy Wiseau

I suspect that it may cause seizures in the viewers, however

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NXT Results 12/30:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • The show opened with a graphic honoring the memory of Jon Huber (Brodie Lee/Luke Harper).
  • Bronson Reed defeated Isaiah "Swerve" Scott in a singles match.
  • Shotzi Blackheart was named the Breakout Star of the Year.
  • Johnny Gargano, worried about the "curse" of not being able to retain a title, freaked out over a black cat crossing his path.
  • The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic returns in two weeks.
  • The Grizzled Young Veterans defeated Breezango in a tag match, Gibson pinned Breeze. Post-match, Ever-Rise were held back by the referee from storming the ring... then she left and they got scared and left.
  • The Undisputed Era were named the Tag Team of the Year.
  • Xia Li and Boa will return next week, after weeks of being tortured.
  • Mercedes Martinez defeated Valentina Feroz in a singles match.
  • Io Shirai and Adam Cole were respectively named Female and Male Competitor of the Year.
  • Pete Dunne defeated Roderick Strong in a Grudge Match.
  • Finn Balor vs. Kyle O'Reilly from TakeOver 31 was named Match of the Year. Balor and O'Reilly talked poo poo to each other over the award.
  • Karrion Kross came out to confront them both but was jumped by Damian Priest, and they brawled and went through a table.
  • A video package aired for Rhea Ripley and Raquel Gonzalez's feud.
  • Lucha House Party defeated El Legado del Fantasma in a surprise tag team match.
  • Austin Theory was named the Future Star of NXT.
  • Johnny Gargano broke a mirror while freaking out about his curse.
  • Io Shirai was named the Overall Competitor of the Year.
  • Johnny Gargano (C) defeated Leon Ruff to retain his NXT North American Championship and break his so-called curse.
  • Nobody posted about NXT during the show, they were all watching the Brodie Lee Memorial on AEW Dynamite.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Isn't Austin Theory problematic?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I wonder if WWE will fast track Luke Harper/Brodie Lee into the Hall of Fame this year. Seems like the right thing to do.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

I wonder if WWE will fast track Luke Harper/Brodie Lee into the Hall of Fame this year. Seems like the right thing to do.

He worked for 'the competition' when he died, so I'd say not a chance because their imaginary hall of fame is reserved for people they can still put in videogames and make profit from

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1344482183906377731?s=19

How do they not realise how lame this is?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh god they are just begging people to mock it with putting joke pictures in that frame

bartok
May 10, 2006

Calls himself a caricature artist and not a single person on rollerblades or holding a tennis racket?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

How do they not realise how lame this is?

It doesn't matter how many of "they" realize it. What Vince wants, Vince gets.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol seriously who is this poo poo even for?

I refuse to believe even Vince is entertained by the stuff they're putting out

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Shard posted:

Oh god they are just begging people to mock it with putting joke pictures in that frame

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bartok posted:

Extremely!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

bartok posted:

yes.

bring back the descriptors J-ru.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Shard posted:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Almost any image could be made funny with that lighting combined with his expression and demeanor, and there is no way that was the intention.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Three edits so far and none of them involve Booker T or AJ Styles?

Shame, shame.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
now do goatse

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

okay but I need some time to stretch

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shard posted:

I assumed that's why they started with four of their own yeah

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Erebus posted:

okay but I need some time to stretch

lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Okay but why is Randy Orton being put on NXT

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

freaking goon face blindness. that's Винни-Пух

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I think Dexter's drawings are cute :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Reality Protester posted:

yes.

Don’t

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Reality Protester posted:

yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lttrIPDFplU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Breetai posted:

Fun thought experiment: When Vince dies, what can they possibly do for a memorial show that doesn't come across as disingenuous or massively sarcastic?

Pretend he never existed and act like nothing happened

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

now do goatse Loss

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

NXT does loss every Thursday afternoon.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

NXT does loss every Thursday afternoon.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Strong end to the year this chompy possum man

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I see nothing wrong with those images. Vince gets his weird scary guy stuff that he thinks is over and we get prime meme fodder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

amazing