Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

BACKSTAGE NOTES FROM LAST NIGHT'S RAW TAPING

By Mike Johnson on 2020-12-01 12:54:00

The opening segment of Raw featuring Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss was 100% Vince McMahon's vision.  We are told that several argued against the segment, feeling it was a weak opening segment and needed to overhauled, but you can't overrule City Hall. 

The current creative for WWE right now falls directly in the hands of Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard.  In fact, there are some who have described Prichard to PWInsider.com as the most powerful person in WWE right now other than a McMahon family member.  Creatively, everything flows through Prichard at the moment and his word has been described as "very much the Gospel" for Vince McMahon, which as you might imagine, being in that position translates into a lot of frustration and heat towards Prichard among talents privately.

Triple H was at last night's Raw while Prichard was not, which was described to us by several as breath of fresh air.

One edict that has been strictly enforced of late is the time cues for the broadcasts.  There were actually a number of talents who were reprimanded for going over time in recent weeks at the Survivor Series PPV and subsequent TV shows.  There is also heat falling on some producers if their segments end up going over.

The new Drew McIntyre entrance with the sword was something Vince McMahon was completely on-hands with recently, spending what was described to PWInsider as "a lot of time" blocking out exactly how he wanted McIntyre to handle the sword and use it to set up his pyro.

Talents from Raw Underground who were drafted to Raw, Dabba-Kato and Artuo Ruas, have been at Raw tapings in recent weeks but not used.  We are told the feeling is they still need additional seasoning before they are introduced as full-fledged Raw performers.

We are told that the Jeff Hardy spot on Raw last night with the Swanton did not go as initially conceived, which is why he ended up in that scary moment where he hit his head on the stairs.  The spot, as it was envisioned, would have seen Hardy clear everything and land on the center of the table safely.  It was one of those things where a few inches made all the difference.

Shane Helms was back producing last night.

Sonjay Dutt is now working full-time on the WWE NXT brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So, is this a part of WWE or apart from WWE?

The twitt has me very confused!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

WCW has resigned with WWE

Oh no...

Now I’m even more confused!!!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I gotta know who the first signees are gonna be.

I’m thinking Retribution first.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Fightful select: Frustration from wrestlers highlighted by Liv Morgan’s documentary.

>Liv Morgan's recent WWE Network documentary was praised and criticized within WWE over the past week. Morgan is well received as always, but the stop-start creative, changing of plans and broken promises were something that multiple WWE main roster stars from the top to the bottom of the card highlighted to Fightful when speaking about the feature this week. One wrestler said that they fear missing any time because they're concerned they might not get on the show, and if you allow yourself to be booked poorly one week, that's the direction your booking is usually going to go in the weeks that follow it. Another longtime wrestler said that they're shocked that WWE was willing to put something like that on display that paints them in such a negative light considering how carefully they craft things in other regards.

Source: Fightful select on Patreon.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz, Alex Zayne among new recruits reporting to WWE Performance Center

December 2, 2020
WWE Performance Center recruits, Dec. 2020: photos
See photos of new WWE Performance Center recruits, including Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz and Alex Zayne. Photography by Chris Garrison.
The latest class of recruits has reported for training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla. The group brings a wide array of experience to the WWE PC, including independent and international wrestling experience as well as in professional sports.

Deveon Everheart Aiken, better known to fans as Dezmond Xavier, brings a dazzling array of aerial offense to the PC. Aiken, a nine-year-veteran of the squared circle, has competed for promotions including Combat Zone Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and Impact Wrestling.

Zachary Green, aka Zachary Wentz, is a frequent tag team partner of Aiken’s. The 26-year-old Ohio native is also a former MMA fighter.

Alex Brandenburg competed under the name Alex Zayne on the independent scene. The Kentucky native has made a name for himself in promotions like Game Changer Wrestling, Black Label Pro and Ring of Honor during his 15-year career.

Sojiru “Ikemen” Higuchi is a 26-year-old wrestler from Japan who was trained by former United States and WWE Tag Team Champion Tajiri, and he has competed for Wrestle-1 and All-Japan Pro Wrestling.

Twenty-three-year-old Georgia native Anriel Howard played college basketball at Mississippi State and Texas A&M. She was selected in the 2019 WNBA Draft, and played professionally for the Seattle Storm.

Russ Taylor of Phelan, Calif. brings plenty of global experience to the WWE PC. Taylor has competed for wXw in Germany, as well as in Japan and across the United States.

For more information on the WWE Performance Center, visit WWEPerformanceCenter.com.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1334626710738903043?s=21

Rhea just needs to grow just like HHH did pals

https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1334627427344134149?s=21

AEW and Impact cross over is coming 1000000% pals

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

But Covid was already happening and a big enough deal when Wrestlemania got changed??

I’m actually surprised he even acknowledged COVID.

And friends can I just post this endlessly in this thread?:

https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1334627427344134149?s=21

I believe him 100000% personally.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lacks the wrestling passion. Sorry Trey, you just don’t have it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’s short for Rouxgaroux.

An awesome spooky little monster from Cajun folklore. I grew up learning all about it and now, it has been reborn under the guise of a baby from THE MAN and THE KINGSLAYER

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rougarou

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Roux Hydroxychloro Quinn-Lopez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I have no idea how any of you all who watch this support this poo poo. loving Jaxson Ryker. Just back on TV again.

It loving never ends. When in the hell is this ever going to end?

It’s just endless awful, awful, awful people here. I can deal with companies with some bad apples but it’s endless here.

I gotta toxx to never post here again. Let me build up my strength before I make this official so I can hold myself accountable.