Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

explosivo posted:

Lmao "We're being told that they planned on Jeff doing the move safely without almost killing himself accidentally but he did not"

I appreciate that it doesn't mention if the spot was or wasn't supposed to be in the corner with the steps. If it was planned seems like they could of planned it to happen in a spot that gave him more room.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Say yes to Vince a lot

:vincefrog:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Now that's a smiley

a cyborg mug bought it and mentioned it in the general thread and now I want to use it everywhere.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The one warning I'd give with the WWE Network is that it has everything on it which means not all of its for kids. I think they've censored some old stuff but just an FYI.

When/If house shows and live audiences start up again that'd be a great future gift too. There's really nothing like watching wrestling in person, even if it's just a local indie.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh, if Braun's his favorite the safe thing might be merch: https://shop.wwe.com/braun-strowman/

A mix of like a shirt or action figure and the WWE sub could be a good gift.

As far as AEW, they're really good but I feel like everything that makes them really good is just poo poo adults care about and if your kid stays a wrestling fan they'll eventually learn about it and either become a fan on their own or won't. It's like if you came in here asking about Digimon and we all said "Get him pokemon, pokemon is better". Sure it's better but it's not what the kid likes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

there should be a line of wwe jobber wrestler toys that are designed to explode to pieces upon impact like the incredible crash dummies and an oversized braun strowman and goldberg piece could be one of the playsets you buy to break them

WWE announces the NXT performance center line of action figures with real exploding knee caps

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They market to kids more, they put on a more kid friendly show, and if live crowds were anything to go by a lot more kids seemed to be at WWE show. I guess it's all assumptions but I think more kids like the show that's been around longer and markets directly to them over the new one that's pointed more towards adults. Either way the worst way to get a kid interested in something is by going "That thing you like is garbage. Check this out". Unless you're an older brother. Older brothers can get away with that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bronk Stonkman

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

wrestling post: big e has a new theme and its not bad

I have no faith in the big E push but the new music and entrance is really good

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

We all laugh at the idea the fiend can a face while ignoring that it's an obvious psycho clown ripoff

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

I remember seeing this on botchamania and it was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever seen. Absolutely felt like Charlotte was trying to murder Kairi and forgot that they weren't actually trying to hurt each other.

Yeah, I try not to judge that poo poo too hard as it happens because what we see on screen isn't always what is really happening. But after hearing everyone involved talk about it, yeah, it was awful. Everyone seems to be in agreement that Kairi was hurt but Charlotte had to hit the spots because :shrug: that's the business

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

That's not the business though. That's just what you do when you don't give a gently caress about anything other than getting yourself over.

Oh totally. That shrug has a lot of sarcasm

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think Starship Pain would be cool except Johnny straight up misses with it like 90% of the time. I don't mean misses it in kayfabe, I mean when he is supposed to land it as a finisher and maybe some part of his body barely brushes the other guy on the landing, and then they go to the pin anyway.

When he hits it right it's a great finisher but it's really awkward in a lot of different ways.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah, she seems like a good person... who keeps on working for WWE. She tries really hard... for WWE.

I know we have had this conversation before, but at some point my sympathy for good people working there just stops. With Lana, is was somewhere between the second cuck angle and the third table.

I still have sympathy but it's a very "Aww honey why you gotta do this to yourself" sort. Hopefully she's working on getting out and just saying what you say to keep piece but who knows.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just only put so much in what people say in public because Vince can read the interview too. Lots of people have had "good" relationships with WWE and appeared to have drunk the kool-aid right up until they suddenly changed tone, usually because they're no longer under WWE.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, you can see him start to lose his footing just as he’s about to leap off, and welp. Just a very unfortunate freak accident from the looks of it.

I hope he’s OK.

Yeah, he just never really gets one of his feet under him. Looks like just awful luck

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope they pre-tape and cgi. WWE is too much of a mess to be allowed to play with fire

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lid posted:

"I think a whole Queen of the Ring tournament for a whole pay-per-view itself would be really cool, but I've been waiting for Evolution 2 for a very long time," revealed Banks. "So maybe we can do that first, and maybe we can start little matches at Evolution for the Queen of the Ring Tournament. Maybe something like that can happen."

Evolution was the last unambiguously good WWE PPV.

They somehow got out of their own way and it was great. You just got me rewatching Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

At this point I have to wonder if WWE is intentionally trying to hide and hinder progression in the artistic medium that is professional wrestling so that no one else will innovate. It's like they took the rise of indie wrestling throughout the 2010's as a personal insult and have dedicated themselves to shutting down innovation in the industry to stay on whatever top they think they're on. It's like how Wal Mart comes into a town and undercuts all the small businesses, losing money hand over fist for years because they can until the small businesses have to shut down and Wal Mart can then be the only game in town and build back to a profit.

I really can't imagine hating anything as much as Vince McMahon hates pro wrestling.

It's the natural effect when there is only one high level company in an industry for a while. Like, with the Walmart example it's worse than just them losing money to drive other people out. Because of their size they can force suppliers to give them cheaper prices than other retailers. So then Walmart's making money, the supplier has to compensate, and the smaller retailers might as well go down to walmart, buy off the shelf, and flip the product because Walmart can sell it at about the same prices they're buying wholesale.

I guess the wrestling equivalent is that if WWE's the only game in town a lot of wrestler's won't bother trying to innovate or push wrestling as a medium because the only person hiring is WWE and they only want WWE style. You could have art and money but not both.

And yeah, hiring everyone and sticking them in catering is scum poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

It's almost like the US is an oligopoly :thunkher:

Excuse me it's called freedom :fsmug:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

lol, Vince took over NXT so Trips gets to run Evolve with the numbers filed off. Also gross to see Gabe failing up

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 18, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Don't school backpacks have to be transparent? Unless this is meant for an adult to wear

Depends on the school district something something income levels something something school to prison pipeline.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok but for real, Google school to prison pipeline if you don't know much about American schools. Have fun learning to hate us even more.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

USA is really pissed and wants an edgy dark adult product says some websites

RAW underground wasn't enough?!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Listening to him talk about it, he's not an idiot but might be a coward. It doesn't have the energy of someone who really believes what they're saying.

I mean, he's a huge loving idiot but not so dumb to not realize he's getting robbed.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

lol

Sasha and Austin Creed need to talk to a lawyer asap

Yeah, they really should challenge this poo poo. That argument would be laughed out of the room

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, from what we hear the writers room is more a bunch of chefs cooking a meal Vince never eats and then getting blamed for the cat poo poo pie Vince cooked himself.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Bray Wyatt is a dude who read a LOT of Joker comics and decided to channel that into his character. Fair enough, but when you literally get lit on fire and then tweet a few hours later the equivalent of "I'm fine, folks!", it's pretty freaking stupid.

He's a perfect fit for modern WWE, though, where nothing matters from week to week.

Yeah, even if your character is a supernatural juggernaut if they get beat they need to go off and lick their wounds. They can come back later and you can do some sort of "Oh my god that's the Fiend?! BUT WE HAVE NOT SEEN HIM IN WEEKS! HE DIED!" but you need to disappear first for that to work.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I can't really make an argument for who it helps to have that in the recap each week so :shrug:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's Bray in the mask and Bo dressed up as Bray. They'll tell you it's an artistic decision but Vince just forgot which guy wears it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nothing sadder than a cohesive full body tattoo that looks like poo poo