Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

quote:

Slapjack (w/Mustafa Ali) defeated Ricochet (3:31)

happy to be here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MRT wasn’t content with the AEW PR invoice and had to one step further

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

last night i had a dream that vince came up with the idea that fans coming to shows would be confused by the lack of camera cuts and shaking when they were watching the show live in person, so he installed a thing to make all the seats shake when the cameras did, and blinked all the lights off and on every time there was a camera cut. there were many lawsuits about it and he won all of them

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the photo makes it look like covid-19 is another signing WWE made just to make sure AEW doesn't get it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm watching NXT right now. Just kidding.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They’ve basically thrashed the poo poo out of his knees and he’s out injured now

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i'm going to watch it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

sounds like a name that the kid may "Roux" in a few years. haha make sure to forward this post to six people or you'll have bad luck for the next 8 years

haha

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

prozd is a rteasure and i'll be sad if he gets milkshake ducked

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

noooo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Davros1 posted:

No joke, they'll probably bring back Goldberg, and in his first spot, have him take out Retribution
Goldberg is infinitely cooler than retribution and also everyone else on the WWE roster, so that would be a great idea

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They think Keith Lee needs to improve in the ring? :psyduck:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tato posted:

Keith Lee is fat and doesn’t know how to strike. He’s lucky they even let his rear end on Main Event. Hope the Performance Center coaches can fix him.
none of them know how to strike, it's why they still have to drive themselves to the next town

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Was that Wyatt/Miz match the one where Wyatt was threatening Miz’s wife and baby and then Miz came out for the match doing his usual hollywood poses for his entrance like it was some nothing TV match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that's lower than dynamite in the demo hahahahahaha

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2jL7tgqlo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mother FUCKER

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

scooped again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

is pepsi ok posted:

Lol at all the handwaving about MNF even though these ratings are perfectly in line with the gradual decline they've been experiencing for years. Guess we'll find out in 3 weeks if millions of viewers come flooding back after MNF ends!
isn't the main difference between the last 3 years vs the 17 prior that now, when ratings take a "temporary" dip for seasonal things, they just don't recover anymore?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lid posted:

Well most seniors deaths occur during the winter months.
then i guess this year was one big long bonus round

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Corbs! It's always Baron Corbin.

Otherwise, any of the 4 Horsewomen. They're finally doing Bayley right by all accounts, but it took too long to get there. She should have been an easy win as a face or a heel.
They also fell rear end-backwards into Becky getting over hugely. They wanted her to pick up a bunch of wins to give her some momentum for a Summerslam 3 way. Somehow “good performer picks up a bunch of wins” made the fans get behind her and she became super popular. Wild stuff. Probably wouldn’t work again, better not try it with anyone else.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Good point. She was over for so long that I kind of forgot she only got over accidentally.
She was always popular enough but between her first Smackdown reign in 2016 and The Man run they did literally nothing with her

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seth Rollins posted:

it's called the Firefly inferno match because Fox is going to cancel it halfway through because it sucks too much
:mods:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Has there ever been a good inferno match?
there’s a decent rule of thumb that it’s hard-to-impossible to make a match good when it’s something insanely dangerous that you can’t really gimmick, like being lit on fire or falling to your death. inferno matches have the added fun of it being apparently super hard to catch your breath. but im sure a superior athlete like bray wyatt will be largely untroubled on sunday

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

It's amazing that Cole has been the voice of this company longer than anyone and he has no iconic lines that have broken through to the mainstream pop culture. Every "famous" Cole line is just terrible nonsense.
how quickly we forget THE DOG POOP THE DOG POOP THE DOG POOP

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just a reminder that siding with labour does not mean siding with specific workers who are doing explicitly anti-labour things, such as what the coward superstars are doing now

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lal

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lid posted:

WWE and AJ negotiating

lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Michael Cole during Bray’s return at the Rumble as an insect: “Could this be Kafkaesque?!”

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Eh, with extreme moments like being set on fire, it's probably to assure the kids watching that their hero is fine.

Which of course is weird here since WWE barely has any kid fans.
they apparently always have a decent amount of pre-teen fans but once they hit like 12 or 13 they leave out for stuff that’s less cringe

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mooseinfants posted:

Swamp Bray was cool but got disaster booking. Fiend Bray has been dead since the Goldberg burial
Goldberg is the best, agreed

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

every single second of Norm on that youtube awards show is incredible, he just shits on everybody

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Raw Results 12/21:
  • R-Truth gatecrashed a Hurt Business in-ring title celebration. Literal accused rapist Matt Riddle came out with Jeff Hardy to make a bunch of stoner jokes.
  • Angel Garza defeated Drew Gulak in a quick singles match.
  • AJ Styles was asked backstage why he agreed to be on MizTV next given he was mad at Miz inserting himself into the TLC title match. AJ was not asked why he agreed to tag with Miz later in the show.
  • On MizTV, Miz apologized to an angry AJ Styles, then declared that Morrison was the one who cashed in which meant he wanted his Money in the Bank briefcase returned. Drew, Sheamus and Keith Lee came out to beat them up. Somehow the end result of this segment was questions over whether Drew's group could work well together.
lol did they have a long chat show segment, a 2 minute match, and then immediately go to another long chat show segment?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

I've got a lot of time for Alicia Fox as an entertaining character but that's really scraping the bottom of the legend barrel
Best northern lights suplex in the game baby

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Billie would be an amazing heel announcer in a world where that didn’t mean having to be Vince’s mouthpiece

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

I saw Flair in person the year after his health scare and he looks like poo poo. The camera really doesn't convey how rough he looks. In contrast Dustin Rhodes was sitting just a couple chairs down and looked fantastic for his age.
i always think dustin without makeup looks a lot older than his age. like he’s had a rough life and it doesn’t really show in how he moves because it just all went on his face haha. maybe the camera is cruel

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m like 99% sure lad bockerton is the fake, only because tyson t-bone sounds like something I’ve already laughed at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Saxon Huxley is the most on-brand generic WWE-rear end name ever so it’s definitely not that one.