Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
i don't believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
'mesut ozil' was created by the Premier league to sell merchandise and has never actually kicked a football in his life. You go back and watch those perfect assist compilations and it's actually emmanuel frimpong in a wig

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Let's see how the good people at Spurs new stadium handled distancing fans on the way into the stadium.

Oh...

Also shout out to the old lady who said "I've been isolating and shielding for 9 months because I'm in a high risk group but wouldn't miss this for anything"

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/WeahsCousin/status/1335643573396656128

https://twitter.com/GlasgowRKSpurs/status/1335646507333193729

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Cool cool

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1335891444708610052?s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

:qq: the football man didn't praise us :qq:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Vigil for Virgil posted:

:qq: the football man didn't praise us :qq:

Jamie Redknapp is an absolute div though

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

fat gay nonce posted:

Jamie Redknapp is an absolute div though

Yeah but I don't get why fans get pissed at this?

It doesn't make a difference, they are still top of the league. His opinion means literally gently caress all.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
They are making fun of him for making a moronic comment in the paid role of "expert analyst".

Also

https://twitter.com/JonnyGabriel/status/1335662131149041664

Jippa fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 7, 2020

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Mr Snips posted:

Too bad they've only got an Ozil who stopped giving a gently caress years ago

More so than any of their other players? Aubamayang has been playing like he’s on cough syrup.

I don’t remember them being in 15th place very often while Ozil was in the team.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

wooger posted:

More so than any of their other players? Aubamayang has been playing like he’s on cough syrup.

I don’t remember them being in 15th place very often while Ozil was in the team.

Yes, moreso than other players. Mesut Ozil stood out in this team for how little effort he put in and how little creativity he contributed to attack.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

the sex ghost posted:

'mesut ozil' was created by the Premier league to sell merchandise and has never actually kicked a football in his life. You go back and watch those perfect assist compilations and it's actually emmanuel frimpong in a wig

Sell merch where, Innsmouth?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Strawman posted:

Sell merch where, Innsmouth?

Harsh, but I laughed.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
How long is left on his contract?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Watching all those Liverpool fans singing YNWA in person really gave me chills, and then it gave me a dry cough and loss of taste and smell

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Jippa posted:

How long is left on his contract?

He's in his last year thankfully

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Mourinho doing anything different at Spurs compared to his usual tricks? After he flamed out at United, I thought the game passed Mourinho by and he was done.

He's doing something right now

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Mourinho doing anything different at Spurs compared to his usual tricks? After he flamed out at United, I thought the game passed Mourinho by and he was done.

He's doing something right now

He's never come in midway though a season in England before, so I think this is classic first season Mourinho having a great time and the players love him. Next season, the cracks will start to appear as he ostracises one or two key and much loved players. The year after will be his patented third season destroy and exit.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Mickolution posted:

He's never come in midway though a season in England before, so I think this is classic first season Mourinho having a great time and the players love him. Next season, the cracks will start to appear as he ostracises one or two key and much loved players. The year after will be his patented third season destroy and exit.

I mean he's already exiled Alli

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Akbar posted:

He said much loved

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Seems like a good opinion.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Akbar posted:

To be fair, he was doing backheel passes and poo poo while Spurs were losing so he's earned his place on the bench

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I always thought that Mourinho United were the best post Ferguson United. I know everyone was all upset about him but it's hardly got any better.

As a spurs fan though it feels strange going into big games not expecting it to bottle it like we always did under Poch

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
unlike paul pogba, hugo lloris realises that griezemann mbappe and kante carried him to the world cup so hasn't gone around trying to tell everyone in the locker room he's the true loving baller

and i for one am glad

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

I always thought that Mourinho United were the best post Ferguson United. I know everyone was all upset about him but it's hardly got any better.

As a spurs fan though it feels strange going into big games not expecting it to bottle it like we always did under Poch

Look forward to quoting this in a year or two when you can't stand the sight of his miserable moaning loving face in his pre/post match conferences

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Lol

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1336255524728401921?s=19

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yikes

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

I always thought that Mourinho United were the best post Ferguson United.

Him, van Gaal and Solskjaer have all had their charms. Mourinho-era was mainly good because he brought Zlatan with him, winning the EL was nice too but the football was pretty uninspiring throughout.

Only Moyes was truly awful.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sebzilla posted:

Him, van Gaal and Solskjaer have all had their charms. Mourinho-era was mainly good because he brought Zlatan with him, winning the EL was nice too but the football was pretty uninspiring throughout.

Only Moyes was truly awful.

Even then, Moyes started reasonably and then cratered in the latter part of the season

Which just guarantees that every United manager for the next thirty years will get compared to Moyes record after ten games, as if that was the big problem and not the part where he completely lost the dressing room and flailed wildly at Phil Neville to come up with a rescue plan

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I never got what the big issue was with van gaal, every couple of weeks the papers were full of 'crisis at old trafford' and then you looked and they were comfortably in the top 4 and unbeaten in their last 5 games

I mean yeah he massively fell out with everyone and was impossible to work with but that's all part of the van gaal experience

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Spurs have talented players (despite what posters here like to believe or type) They also seem to have a bit of depth along with playing a more conservative style that saves players. I think Mo-Ball is a good strategy for this particular season and the ultra compact schedule. This season feels far more like a war of attrition than others past. The team that holds up the healthiest over the longest period of time will probably be able to go deep.

I fear for a real blood bath this summer and next season though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
idk why but I kind of get the feeling that Mo is riding a wave at Spurs where their best players are giving it one last go at winning a trophy there before moving on, like I remember a recent interview with Kane where he said something along the lines of "yeah I love Spurs but I want to win trophies and if I can't do that here I'll do it somewhere else". In comes master trophy-winner Mourinho and he's telling them "here's how we can win trophies" and has managed to rally Spurs' core players around that. I think there's likely to be a collapse after this season one way or another, either because he alienates everybody or because they don't end up winning anything and then Kane and Son want to leave.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
The players will be alienated in March when he convinces Eric Dier to nail Harry Winks to a giant wooden effigy of the Europa League trophy and then set it alight to prove his loyalty.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

I never got what the big issue was with van gaal, every couple of weeks the papers were full of 'crisis at old trafford' and then you looked and they were comfortably in the top 4 and unbeaten in their last 5 games

I mean yeah he massively fell out with everyone and was impossible to work with but that's all part of the van gaal experience

Boring, ponderous football that wasn't ~*The United Way*~

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

van Gaal went through what Ole's going through now, the only difference being Ole's class of 99 mates in the media giving him a stay of execution but it's either CORNERS TURNED or CRISIS AT OLD TRAFFORD whenever we win/lose a match. Van Gaal got jumped on immediately because we weren't winning matches 420-69 every week with blunder and thunder United Way with goals galore and counter attacking and *stares off into the distance ignoring the Ferguson 2010-2013 style that was poo poo to watch but won trophies*

It was horseshit Van Gaal got the sack when he did simply because Dourinho was looking for a job

e:

Spurs have exactly the sort of team that suits Mourinho right now, mature spine that will run themselves into the ground for the team (as they did under Poch) and the spending that he wants (so far). So long as that continues Spurs fans will have a good time of it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pooshited

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Son and or Kane are off to Spain next year if they don't win either the CL or the league this year

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Kane to Bayern for the ultimate fish out of water story where he wins all the trophies and somehow gets dropped from the NT

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Son and or Kane are off to Spain next year if they don't win either the CL or the league this year

we are going to win the CL this year there is no doubt in my mind I dont see how we possibly couldnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Carrier posted:

we are going to win the CL this year there is no doubt in my mind I dont see how we possibly couldnt

Lol I forgot Spurs aren't in the CL..

Maybe the EL then