Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it really that difficult to just give the var maximum 30 seconds and if they can't overturn the ruling on the pitch by that time it stands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cavani is probably dumb as poo poo and him not understanding that he says something racist doesn't make it less racist, and in 2020 you can't get away with not being informed on this loving topic.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

wooger posted:

The Romanian assistant referee saying “the black guy”?

A persons skin colour is no more significant than the colour of their eyes - albeit a rather more useful way to identify the offending party on a football pitch.

Jesus loving christ

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

wooger posted:

The Romanian assistant referee saying “the black guy”?

A persons skin colour is no more significant than the colour of their eyes - albeit a rather more useful way to identify the offending party on a football pitch.

They just want to avoid PR issues.

If you want all player’s social media to be written by a club PR team this is how to do it.

Who is the harmed party in Cavani’s case?

It’s like “the boy who cried wolf”, except there isn’t even a boy crying wolf, just a busybody on the internet reading racism into everything.

Save bans for someone actually trying to cause offense.

Yes, cheating and violence towards referees gets punished more significantly than an Instagram post.

What is getting worse, what makes you think this?
You may be interpreting huge internet and media storms over essentially nothing as an increase.

I just glanced at this fine poster's rap sheet and to no one's surprise:

- Last probation: a mocking post that he couldn't understand a Bake Off contestant with West African accent
- Probation before that: arguing against rehabilitation of inmates
- probation before that: posting that racism is possible vs white people

Hm, I do wonder what the common thread here is 🤔

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Isn't it rich that the only world outlook that isn't racist is the one you find you need to force on all others as superior?

Can you please gently caress off

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Can you humor me and pretend like Cavani said "thanks my black brother"? Would you still want him banned?

What the actual gently caress :chloe:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Yeah?

That it?

gently caress off?

So you can't speak to this intelligently, can't look at the fact that this is complex topic and rely on this clever move. Good. Smart.

This is racist.

Nobody called it less desirable, you monster. You've been implying it the whole time. That's the real problem.

Ah yes, the old "actually, you are racist!!!!!" a true classic for the ages.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

That's ridiculous. I get that "my black friend" is clunky in English, but if a white friend introduced me to someone by saying "This is my black brother", I would interpret it as them being close childhood friends or something similar, not that he's racist. And by your reasoning "asian striker" or "black midfielder" should also be banned.

Something can't be an identity without also being an identifier. It's possible to acknowledge race, sex, and ethnic origin in a non-negative manner.

in awe of the utter stupidity of this post

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Diego Costa's contract has been terminated by Atletico so he's a free agent now and rumours are he might be on his way to.... Arsenal lmao

oliwan fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

tao of lmao posted:

I don’t like festive fixtures, yall.

:chloe: