Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Veronica also learns Wyrm Whip but I find most of her value lies in being a pure caster dps so I go Heavy Wands with her. Though depending how deep into the skill tree it is it may still be worth getting since you can swap weapons you're holding in battle.

Good evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I took Sylvando on a dual wielding detour and it didn't even slow his whip skills that much so I imagine she can duck into whips but yeah, I went heavy wands with her. Somebody has to cast spells.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

still trying to decide where i'm going with everyone. veronica is always heavy wands though, she's a magic nuker through and through

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

still trying to decide where i'm going with everyone. veronica is always heavy wands though, she's a magic nuker through and through

I always say I'm gonna try a different setup before i start a replay and end up doing the same thing every time lol

Serena back on wands since Jade is best w/spears and I can't have 2 spear users due to autism

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I always say I'm gonna try a different setup before i start a replay and end up doing the same thing every time lol

Serena back on wands since Jade is best w/spears and I can't have 2 spear users due to autism

it's clearly too many spears

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the win kind of autism

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lots of spears just means maximising the amount of dead metal slimes, you want to make your metal slime hunting as efficient as possible, don't you?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lots of spears just means maximising the amount of dead metal slimes, you want to make your metal slime hunting as efficient as possible, don't you?

Erik's guaranteed crit move with a metal slime weapon is all you need

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it is simply unacceptable to have party members using the same weapon type when there are enough different types to go around, it's true

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It turns out there are like four good ways to wreck metal slimes because Dragon Quest XI lets you do whatever you want.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got the tude now posted:

it's clearly too many spears

Harrow posted:

it is simply unacceptable to have party members using the same weapon type when there are enough different types to go around, it's true

Bolverkur posted:

the win kind of autism

:hai:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

putting all yr dudes on Fight Wisely to finish the boss battle while you make your kid dinner is Peak Dad Gaming

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

drat RIP Veronica. But not for long

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I forgot the badass scene where Serena cuts her hair & gains Veronica's powers. So sick

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I forgot the badass scene where Serena cuts her hair & gains Veronica's powers. So sick

this is the one thing I'm sad we lose with the way the plot goes in Act 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

vyelkin posted:

this is the one thing I'm sad we lose with the way the plot goes in Act 3

I was thinking that yeah. I kind of get the complaints that it resets a lot of character development but this is the only one that bothers me