Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also 3 barely has a story at all lol. kawazu ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I need to give 2 another shot

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

welcome posted:

You don't need to have played 1 or 2. poo poo I still need to finish 2.

getting mixed messages here.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i 100%ed the saga frontier remaster and now im on the legend of mana remaster and god i hope they keep doing this with weird psx rpgs. id love a remaster of parasite eve or front mission 3 or chrono cross...

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bump_fn posted:

i 100%ed the saga frontier remaster and now im on the legend of mana remaster and god i hope they keep doing this with weird psx rpgs. id love a remaster of parasite eve or front mission 3 or chrono cross...

Breath of Fire 5 remaster :pray:

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

i havent been paying attention but i thought the chrono cross remaster was confirmed?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A trademark filing leaked a while ago and everyone just assumed it would be revealed at the Game Awards and then that came and went. I'm sure it's true but afaik there's not any actual concrete details supporting the rumor other than that.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

b_d posted:

getting mixed messages here.

THEY don't have to play 1 or 2 but I sure as hell do.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

thank you pals, looking forward to some JRPGS this year along side my FF

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

even including the fast-forward feature prior to new game plus would enormously improve chrono cross, it's one of those games where most of the flaws feel very fixable IMO. improving auto-allocate or letting you save presets for element allocation. really anything that makes the game go faster, you should be able to do 2-3 runs to the end in the time it takes to do 1.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

chrono cross blows. i mean the soundtrack's great nd it's very pretty but otherwise it blows

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

Breath of Fire 5 remaster :pray:

Dragon Quarter rules so much

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chrono cross is fine. I mean the plot is mostly eva inslired nonsense and the characters are paper thin nobodies and the battle system is tedoois and it's about 40 hours to loong like every other jrpg. But ots the only game where you can run a party of starky, neofio, and posul. Alright? Fair enough ? Tips are appreciated but not required.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Its also sort of cool how they make it a sequal to chronotrigger by saying oh yeah remember chrono lucca and marle? They were murdered off screen 20 years ago. At the end of the 3rd disc

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Its also sort of cool how they make it a sequal to chronotrigger by saying oh yeah remember chrono lucca and marle? They were murdered off screen 20 years ago. At the end of the 3rd disc

lol yeah

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol yeah

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Chrono cross is fine. I mean the plot is mostly eva inslired nonsense and the characters are paper thin nobodies and the battle system is tedoois and it's about 40 hours to loong like every other jrpg. But ots the only game where you can run a party of starky, neofio, and posul. Alright? Fair enough ? Tips are appreciated but not required.

lmao

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

lol yeah

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i'm seein double. FOUR pristine lyle quotes

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Going through MH stories, this game's great. I keep trying other weapons and coming back to GS though :shrug:

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/chrono-cross-composer-to-reveal-new-project-next-month/

hm.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

bump_fn posted:

loving excuse me?

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

loving excuse me?

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Let's loving kill him!!!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
should i finish the xenoblade chronicles 1 dlc on switch? i realized i never finished it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just saw that a second Voice of Cards game came out in February and I don't think anyone noticed lmao, didn't the first one just come out like six months ago

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just saw that a second Voice of Cards game came out in February and I don't think anyone noticed lmao, didn't the first one just come out like six months ago

I saw that it came out, but haven’t played either. Are they at least better than the demo? The demo was very boring imo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

herculon posted:

I saw that it came out, but haven’t played either. Are they at least better than the demo? The demo was very boring imo

The first one was not very good. The story doesn't really go anywhere interesting or crazy and the battles never get hard enough to require any real strategy (except for the postgame super boss). I didn't pick up the second one.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It’s a relatively small matter, but I’m still kind of upset that the ‘definitive edition’ of Xenoblade 1 completely got rid of its somewhat unique FF12-ish ‘anime-stylized semi-photorealistic’ aesthetic and just made it look like a budget seasonal anime licensed Bandai-Namco game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow, that looks so much worse it's insane lol.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't really like the original aesthetic but at least it's unique, the new one is completely generic garbage

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It’s a relatively small matter, but I’m still kind of upset that the ‘definitive edition’ of Xenoblade 1 completely got rid of its somewhat unique FF12-ish ‘anime-stylized semi-photorealistic’ aesthetic and just made it look like a budget seasonal anime licensed Bandai-Namco game

yeah it sucks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

The first one was not very good. The story doesn't really go anywhere interesting or crazy and the battles never get hard enough to require any real strategy (except for the postgame super boss). I didn't pick up the second one.

i thought voice of cards was great. like yeah it's an easy rpg but who cares lol, hype to try the next one

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

extremebuff posted:

i thought voice of cards was great. like yeah it's an easy rpg but who cares lol, hype to try the next one

been thinking on trying them out after my time with elden ring but unsure if its worth it at full price

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff posted:

Yeah I enjoyed the first one a lot, and what I played of the second though I haven’t gotten back to it yet since Elden Ring knocked it out of the rotation. Very solid JRPG fundamentals, I liked the gem system that replaces MP, and the tabletop presentation and writing were top notch. Not GOTY material but fun and charming

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
apparently squenix hosed up the chrono cross remaster despite saga frontier and legend of mana both being excellent ports. 15 fps fights supposedly. anyone try it yet

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

they didn't even spell chrono chross right on the title screen, unbelievable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Nutmeg posted:

been thinking on trying them out after my time with elden ring but unsure if its worth it at full price

the first one at least goes on sale quite a bit, and they did add a battlespeed option which clears up my only issue with it lol

the second one is more open ended, you go around in a boat finding islands, dungeons and sidequests instead of being on a railroad. interest rising..