Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

divinity is godly with friends. Closest game I've played to capturing the fun of board gaming RPGs with a group of pals at a table

played through it co-op twice, it's really fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

extremely disappointed that enemies can summon zombies and bone golems and I cant

Necro can summon exploding corpses and bone spiders.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

xcx is really fun until you get the mech, then it just turns terrible and I never finished it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I liked pretty much all of the dungeons in the original game design wise but I couldn't tell you what plot happened in any of them except maybe the first one and the pyramid

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't know if smt4 music fits nocturne very well lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Closing the hell out of this thread because I've been playing like 1 hour of DQ3 a month on my phone for like a year and I don't know about "It"

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Terra Mog Sabin Setzer.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I came around a bit earlier on Hugo playing with him on Nightmare but on any other difficulty he's a snoozefest. But the 3rd char is so worth it lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

358/2 spoilers do NOT click if you want to experience the narrative for yourself,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib16-CVaQYo&t=129s

ice cream

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Vesperia is badass and Symphonia is one of the funniest games of all time. farewell.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat Riviera several times and played Yggdra Union for about 5 minutes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Riviera is like an RPG with VN elements right? Maybe I'll check it out

From what I'm seeing Yggdra Union just has an insane amount of interlinking systems

Riviera is like a combination RPG and adventure game, you spend points that you get from battles to move around and activate stuff in the dungeons.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

I just got to the part where ragou gets killed by yuri in tales of vesperia. This is still fairly early in the game yea?

That's the end of act 1 out of 3 I'm pretty sure

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

it's awesome bc it's the most obtuse and random stat- and party-wise any of the sagas I've played while you also have functionally no control over the battles. You just pick a target and give a general guidance for the kind of attacks you'd like to do and that's it. It's the most devoted game they've made to the JRPG gambling ethos. It owns. It suffers deeply from the ps3 brown curse though and the cities are super tiny for how cool they look in the preview images on the map.

You kinda get control if you save up whatever no is called in that game...at least control to do the op attacks lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol...MP

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Martman posted:

I'm finally playing Octopath Traveler on gamepass and it's way better than I expected. If I'm loving the first 10 hours does it pretty much stay good the whole time?

Depends on what you like about it. The dungeons stay the same, the bosses stay good and the story and characters also stay the same (as in, they don't interact outside of the scenes in the bar). I think the final boss is worth the trip but I also took like a year long break in between doing each of the sets of 4 characters.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Went back to Etrian Odyssey V to do the 6th Stratum but I've forgotten all my party synergy so instead I went with something simpler and started a new game of Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

7 hours in and having a blast going through forest maps with my party of Hero/Imperial/Gunner/Sovereign/Zodiac. I made 1 of every other class too since they give you a passive exp accessory way early.

This song owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvzRF_zMkE4

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

drat EO Nexus is so cool. All it's missing is food and the summoning jobs from 5

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

:blastu:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This game is so cool. They're mixing things up in all the best ways

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EO Nexus might be too loving big lol. Entered the second shrine expecting a short 1 floor dungeon in between islands like the first shrine and it has 5 drat floors. Still sick as hell, can't wait to finally make it to the next set of labyrinths. This game must have over 60 floors in it, I've already been to 19

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just got these 3 chests. Not worth the wait.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EO Nexus is entirely forest stratums up to the 7th one lol. And I'm eating it up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Unlocked subclassing in EO Nexus and there are so many class combos that I don't have a single clue where to start lol. May have just hit a wall

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Loving the game way too much to stop...its just gonna take a while to decide. I might just finish the current dungeon first lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

thats exactly where I stopped lol, i spent like five hours discussing builds nd taking gamer notes and then stopped playing the game lol

let's go. even though I still kinda want to put arcanist in there somewhere... going with this

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

epic etrian gamer: "two party members in the front line and 3 in the back. this dragoon sits in the center back so shes surrounded by everyone else. she the boss of the party and shes a lady so shes named boss lady and orders everyone else around from her little dragoon bunkers"

this but my sovereign

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got everyone to level 52, rested, and applied all the subclasses. Will spend these 285 skill points tomorrow.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

ok i went looking and i lost all my notes :negative:

but i loaded up the game to check nd went with

hero/harbinger (afterimage spam hero and passive healing, harbinger just for phys attack/def and hp up)
pugilist/ninja (heavy bind combo pugilist, ninja for status atk up)
nightseeker/landsknecht (ailment exploit nightseeker, landsknecht for some passives)
zodiac/medic i named jughead (straight up zodiac poo poo, i gave him medic for group refresh/unbind and a free skill point)
arcanist harbinger (aoe ailments, harbinger for ailment increase miasma and status atk up)

Nice...sounds like it's time to continue the playthrough.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kind of, but it also has a bunch of points where certain side quests become in completable. Usually after a set of wyrm hunt quests or set of quests for the duke

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

You do have to do the dlc dungeon before the dragon.

No you don't.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I gambled on the meteor skill on my zodiac in EO Nexus, pretty much went all in to it on respec and its the shittiest skill ever. So now the zodiac is gaining two levels all by himself so he can rest again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol. Have fun. Good luck naming your characters, I hear some imps have trouble with that

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

4 made me like the series and 5 made me love it. Really wanna go back and play 3 some time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hacked my 3ds this afternoon and the possibilities are endless. DQVIII with the orchestra patch and the Puyo Puyo RPG are first on the list, though I'm still chugging through Etrian Odyssey Nexus too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Started files in 5 different RPGs last night and today lol. hacked 3ds is far too powerful

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The full snes, gba, ds and 3ds rpg library in the palm of my hand

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I haven't hacked my n3ds yet but I am tempted to once I finish eo nexus

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I took a break after finishing my first 4 character paths in octo 2 but I like it a lot more than the first game so far. looking forward to getting back to it soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

which one of these should I get if i haven’t played any of them. looking for fun battles

V