Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i am legitimately not sure if i've ever beat ff12. i THINK i have? i always stop at some point in the endgame getting espers and doing hunts, but the story never interested me enough to think that much about the actual ending.
FF12 has a good story but there's such long stretches between story events that it's easy to lose the plot. Zodiac Age improves this, but it definitely gets derailed by sidequests at the end. If you ever want to experience the story, just use the fast-forward and don't bother with the side content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The main reason why I'm skipping Persona Strikers despite it being a dream game of mine (musou + smt), is because I don't like any characters from P5. they're all so incredibly lovely and forgettable it's insane, lol

I mean I'll still play Strikers when it's severely discounted but the idea of going along with the phantom thieves for more epic forgettable adventures gets a major No Thank You from me
Samurai Warriors 5 is going to be better anyway

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

what if its actually good
It's not. It has some fun elements, but it's constantly in its own way. It tries to do a lot and pulls off little of it, so whatever part of the game you're into there's going to be stuff stopping you from doing it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Really like how Bravely Default 2 has super hard optional fights available within the first few hours of the game just begging you to figure out how to break them open. I'm too retarded to do that and still get owned from like the one that became available 3 dungeons ago, but I still really appreciate that it's there.
This is cool and I hope more RPGs start doing it. It could also be a great incentive for players to finish the game and do a New Game Plus.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shibawanko posted:

do you have a particular morrowind character you would most like to get stoned with? i think we all have one
Ajira from the Mage's Guild in Balmora

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shibawanko posted:

my favorite are the dragons standing between the two treasure chests. it's hard to tell but it's actually not 2 but 3 dragons with the third clipped in the middle between the other two because the game thought there werent enough dragons
Crouching dragons, hidden dragon

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I"ve reached the point in Morrowind where I'm just buying books, and reading them.
Reading the book about Nords and getting sad that Skyrim wasn't as cool

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Berseria is fine
Berseria's real good at the start but it can't keep a consistent tone. Also all the enemy designs are boring.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

as a troubled youth I loved Symphonia and spent far too long posting on the terrible official forum lmao. I got Berseria in a Humble Bundle I think but I can't really bring myself to play it.

Also Tales of Phantasia had one of the greatest translations I've ever seen on the GBA. In the year 2006 they translated "Ragnarok" as "Kangaroo"

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

magikid posted:

I just finished Dragon Quest VIII and I have no idea why anyone likes this game, or this series in general.

Slowest, grindiest thing I've ever played. Randoms are like five minutes each and give almost no experience or money. The only way to level is to hunt a specific extremely rare monster that just runs away before you can do anything. And equipment is so expensive it seems like it would take, no poo poo, almost ten hours of money grinding to get a single weapon. I had to do a "no shop" challenge by default. Oh, but the game was so charming. :jerkbag:

Sorry, just really had to get that out there. Enjoy Dragon Quest if you want.
lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I name every silent protagonist Crono, including Link.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

As a gamer, I accepted it.