Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

using the dq8 alchemy pot or the dq11 forge to make a badass sword way before youre supposed to have it ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

extremebuff posted:

yeah it ended up not being a big deal though, i leveled a bit more and coasted through them lol

the fight with zoma was loving awesome, it came down to my sage and priest at 0MP hitting their heal items. zoma double taps my fighter and kills her, the next turn it was either risk it all on a zing with the last bit of hero's MP or have everyone attack and pray it would be enough. desperately looking thru inventories and I found the single yggdrisil leaf in the game sitting there forgotten in my priest's bag. popped it on the fighter, had my sage do a final oomph on him before she and my priest got blasted in a double ice breath. hero and fighter scored a double crit and killed his rear end. i loving screamed and shot my arms up in the air which really hurt cause i just got the vax. dragonquest owns

Extremely sick. Congrats dude.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

I just beat Dragon Quest 1 for the first time and it was delightful, I loved seeing all the original monster sprites. I haven't played DQ2 before either so I'm looking forward to it.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hitting that sweet spot in Act 1 where the OP lineup is MC/Erik/Jade/Sylvando and never looking back. Encountered hella liquid metal slimes in the Phnom Nonh dungeon that boosted the entire squad by like 5 levels. Hustle Dance Sylvando aquired. Fisticuffs Jade hits like a loving truck. Let's go.

Hell yeah. Sylvando ftmfw

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

was looking at my old screenshots and lmao (early Act 2 spoilers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

I played the 3DS remake of DQM2 back when the translation patch was released and it was pretty sick, definitely recommend it for anyone in the mood for some chill Dragon Quest monster catching. My endgame team had Hargon and Zoma in it, and I had just gotten a diamond slime. I should go back to it sometime and see if I can finish out the last 20% or whatever I had left of the acquired monster list