Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

looks kind of cool but Mistwalker have been making lovely phone games for like 10 years so I'm not sure what talent is there other than the music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've been trying to work out who is who since that post

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

He's not necessarily saying anything bad or unfair there tbh, the issue is that he originally reviewed the game after playing it for 19 hours lol. He's still broadly positive

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I stopped reading when I saw "a patch if you will"
that is entirely fair, man sounds like he's about to say "methinks" at any moment

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

playing a relaxing hour-long Octopath chapter in bed while getting settled down is perfect cozy gaming

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

It's cool bioware invented the worst gameplay of all time because they were too lazy to make a turn based d&d game just like every d&d game ever made to that point for the last 30 years and decided to use the rts engine they had lying around instead
fondly remembering how this hacked-up abjectly miserable mode of play inexplicably took off and if you made a turn-based CRPG at any point in the following 15 years you were ridiculed as a No Mutants Allowed bigot grognard nazi

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah the krondor costumes are all-timers

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I use automap and add details myself

Fungah! posted:

this, aonly i'm also a dedicated doors-must-be-surrounded-by-walls-on-two-sides mapper so i have to correct that by hand

This

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

fadam posted:

Untold 1. Just made it to B2.

Bum Cold

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a stoned playing oblivion moment while traversing the Ashlands and the familiarity of the clouds and stars and the moaning of the silt strider struck me in a certain way and I started tearing up lmfao

I haven't really played Morrowind since I started smoking and Im certain I would do this lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

do you have a particular morrowind character you would most like to get stoned with? i think we all have one
blazeing w/ divayth fyr

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i found out dq11s has a secret superboss thats behind completing all the tockleton stuff that really sucks.

its now my lifes mission to beat it
the fights leading up to it are cool but yeah the boss itself is a wet fart

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

started playing Pillars 2 since it has turn-based combat now and everyone says it's better than the really boring first one. Still not feeling the endless loredumps about wheels but it passed the initial important CRPG test of "can I make a character who looks like he smells of wet dog at all times"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

insanely insightful stuff here. Thank you.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Don't you unlock the third character after beating it with just one of the two originals? Beating it with all three unlocks extra modes or something. I remember regretting having bothered to do Hugo lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In some versions you only need to do one character but in the newer ports for Switch and PS4 you need to do both
That's moronic lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

why aren't DQ4-6 on the Switch yet. I don't want to play them on my phone and I can't find my 3DS.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

my favorite skill tree unlock storyline was dragging around the blade "agate" who says I love rocks and you have to mine different rocks until she finds her new favorite rock
girls love rocks, geodes etc.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Vesperia is badass and Symphonia is one of the funniest games of all time. farewell.
as a troubled youth I loved Symphonia and spent far too long posting on the terrible official forum lmao. I got Berseria in a Humble Bundle I think but I can't really bring myself to play it.

Also Tales of Phantasia had one of the greatest translations I've ever seen on the GBA. In the year 2006 they translated "Ragnarok" as "Kangaroo"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Isn't he 15.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I enjoyed Riviera but not sure what id make of it now. I played maybe an hour of Knights in the Nightmare and it's completely impenetrable

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

:gary:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i beat betrayl at krondor so now i'm going to play might and magic worlds of xeen which is a combination of might and magic 4 and 5 in ONE huge game and you can explore BOTH worlds WHENEVER you want. epic. i never played the old mm games before except mm6. thanks

3 - 5 are all really good. World of Xeen is great but I strongly recommend ignoring or outleveling the dwarf mines or whatever right at the start because it's an insanely miserable long slog and there's absolutely nothing else like it in the series. You can hop over to Darkside and get a few levels really easily and just stomp it which is worth it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Every once in a while I tell myself it's time to get into western RPG first person dungeon crawlers and everytime I bounce right off it as soon as I get my graph paper out and finish character creation.

Might and magic is extremely accessible. It has automap I believe

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*checking under foreskin* gah!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arpeggio is just the Italian word for RPG

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

A Metal Slime draws near? Command?

ohkay a slime, this will be easy, ahuh huh. I missed! What the freaking f... hell. oh, ohkay, finally an attack – dood! one freaking damage? AH AH AH AH! it's glitching out, it only does one damage every time! every time, my attacks are hitting, alright, but it's only one damage. it's freaking glitched, you'd think after eight games they'd get it right. snorts well, at least i'm getting tons of exper- it ran away! are you freaking kidding me, ohkay, that's it. goes to system settings and uninstalls the game that's about enough of that, folks. tune in tomorrow night for a chill relaxing time hanging out in the return to Fallout: New Vegas for the CONCLUSION of the Dead Money DLC... and beyond!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Albert Odyssey is an incredible name lmfao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

(Nier:A) i'm not sure i was supposed to fight this golden tank yet but i did, and it took like 10 minutes to kill. then i killed a little golden man that was around him.
You can hack them I think? If not yeah you're at the point where a few big HP sacks start wandering around that you might as well come back to later

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

is 5 actively bad or is just a slightly worse version of 3/4? They all seem broadly similar

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bump_fn posted:

anyone try the new tales game (tales of arise)?

Tales of Fat Thighs.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

hbag posted:

i caught like literally 2 seconds of a for the king stream and what i saw looked like a civ clone and immediately put me off

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Do you think everything with a world map is a civ clone. Did you struggle a lot with geography classes in school

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

that's also the point where Silent Storm started to suck, makes you think maybe the big tits anime babe people had the better idea

Nah the panzers are really fun. They're used better in the sequel/expansion/whatever Sentinels though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Nobody knows cause the sequel had that literally impossible second mission

The one where you start in the bar? Just run away and snipe from what I remember. Not the game's finest moment but you get your base and stuff right after that and it opens up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

The one where you have to disable a bomb within x turns, and people couldn't even get there in time with invincibility hacks on, let alone actually fight the enemies too. Presumably it got patched eventually.

Lmao I just looked it up and I don't remember this at all, must have been patched or something yeah

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

b_d posted:

lol

doobie "weed" dankenstein: hah, funny that you brought that up. i happen to be carrying a shitload of weed right now.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder waht video game characters smoke Weed.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imagine if Freddy fazzbear was a big titty goth babe

oh, you were at the re8 pitch meetings too?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That new Dungeon Encounters game by Ito Hiroyuki looks cool but £25 is steep for something that was clearly made on the budget of one corporate lunch lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Immense Sack.