Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

The counter-system in BD2 is really brutal and I recommend getting the ranger asterisk to a decent rank on everyone just for the ability it gives you that auto-dodges counters.

that said, there's some tricks you can use to play around it and make it easier. in the fightagainst the thief for example he'll only be able to steal BP from you if you go above 1 BP. the ability will only succeed if you have 2+ BP, and since he can't steal it, he has trouble getting enough for his own punishing attacks.

the game owns, honestly, only rpg i've put 80+ hours into since dq11. it's way more clever than it appears on its surface. a+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is the cast of The Big Lebowski.

lmao

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

the Etrian Odyssey games are all worth playing for first person dungeoning. you can play every game on a 3DS; there's remakes of the first two (iirc all they do is add a story mode with set units instead of a customizable party. you don't have to play the story mode, tho).

i really like Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey as well. There's a remake of it for the 3DS too. If you end up liking those, SMT4 and SMT4: Apocolypse arent first person but they're both good + have some good dungeon delving. Persona Q is a first person game but is sorta iffy quality wise. should scratch the itch though

dark spire is a bit more obscure so you'll probably have to emulate it but i remember really liking it at the time

i haven't played Zanki Zero: Last Beginning but its decently well reviewed and seems fun in a weird chunsoft way.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

All the EO games absolutely own but yeah depending on what features you like it's easy to draw favorites. Nexus has the most potential to get wild with the class combos but the references will be absolutely lost on you if you try to play it first since it's meant as a bit of a send off to the series being on the 3DS. 4 has probably the weakest storyline in my opinion but there's a lot of people that don't care about that since they're all pretty weak.

3 has the powerful aesthetic and maps, imo. 25F in 3 is still one of my favorite zones in a video game

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

the strand game is the genre of kings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Fungah! posted:

this, aonly i'm also a dedicated doors-must-be-surrounded-by-walls-on-two-sides mapper so i have to correct that by hand

:hai: