Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

elf help book posted:

the gamble of saving your money and waiting for the next town after, or even better, finding a even better sword in the nearby dungeon. oh baby

My favorite is games that let you buy super good weapons early if you want to be a maniac and farm for 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Do you believe that it is quite literally the genre of kings by having the highest ratio of monarchs per video game?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I think I'm gonna play a bunch of JRPGs for the next couple months. Mostly going to focus on the GBA ones.

Doing the Breath of Fire re-release right now. Kind of a bland one, so far. But its also refreshing in its simplicity.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think for that one they increased the XP and gold you get from battles. I played the SNES version last year on Switch and it was a slog

Yes. Stopping for occasional grind seems ideal. Maybe it was the boss XP they boosted? Because they give enough for like 2 or 3 levels early on.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Xenoblade is pretty fun. If you want to play it as a completionist/near completionist though I hope you are a fan of farming and fetch quests.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I feel like DekuDeals had Xenoblade on sale somewhere when I looked yesterday. I'd just link it to you but I'm at work.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Well! It's a good, long game and if you don't mind the way it plays you'll definitely get your money out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The game only gets better with the Heropon!