Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

jrpg gamers cannot fail, good releases every year and if theres not? theres surely some epic ps1 or snes game you havent got around to yet, or you can replay a 80 hour classic

western rpg gamers i dunno... a friend told me bards tale 4 made him throw up

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I legitimately love watching my numbers go up while the enemies’ numbers go down.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

my GF loves JRPGs but hasn't ever played a DQ, kind of torn between playing V, VIII or XI first...thoughts? V is still my favorite SNES rpg but VIII/XI are undeniably huge, comfy games that I would also love to replay anyway...

I’d say VIII or XI to start with

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P5 was my first persona and I loved it. I played through 4G and 3 portable after and I think the story in 4 is the best overall but 5 has a lot of good QoL changes and it’s cool to fight actual personas instead of like random things with a spooky mask on them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

pc gamers enjoy that

Yeah - they're sick!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

pc gamer brain:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

the real sickness is playing fantasy wrpg turds where you have to vacuum up pile s of trash to crft poo poo. whoM cares how many awesome button presses it takes.

It’s actually good and normal to have an inventory full of apples, pot lids, potions of lesser agility, rotten apples, kobold loincloths, boar hides boar tusks and boar hooves

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Donald testicles

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Me reading that FAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qls6Po_1h5s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Been playing a bunch of Wild Arms in my retro gaming nook and it's extremely comfy. Love a good delayed title card/credits and this has an especially good one with some amazing music.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Remember when this exact thing happened, down to a motherfucking TEE, with you and Xenoblade Chronicles X? Yeah, nice projection.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spark Benison sounds like an 80s action movie protagonist

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The pancake thing was goofy as hell lol. The twists in P4 are kinda goofy too but they're handled a little better partially because the pacing is a hell of a lot better

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I know the genius kid detective is a big trope in Japan but it annoys me sometimes lol. Naoto in 4 was done much better imo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

Ann is sad in the beginning of the game because everyone thinks she's a dumb blonde bimbo. Then you do her social link and it turns out that she's a dumb blonde bimbo. Phenomenal character arc.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

At the end of Makoto’s she decides to become a cop despite the whole game showing how corrupt the government is and how power structures fail to protect vulnerable people.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

extremebuff posted:

sorry..but the game really loving falls off. i guess if youre an insane retard and enjoy grindy korean mmos youll love the postgame but, as sofia described it feels like a long con. you invest all this time and effort into learning the mechanics and developing a cool character and then the game goes "well actually youll be in a big robot and absolutely none of that matters" and the robot combat is incredibly simple to the point of being mind numbing, but you cant go back to being on foot because everything will take 20x longer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's almost a shame it starts so well, lol. Kamoshida is such a good hateable villain. The lil tutorial dungeon turned out to be the most interesting. A drat shame.

The tutorial dungeon is also the hardest one in the game lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you really should, and i've talked a lot of poo poo about P5 but it's still a good game. plus if you enjoyed it that much you're gonna love the older games

that said i would strongly suggest P4 Golden since it also has the qol updates that 5 has. 3 might be rough to go back to since you don't have full control over your party members.. the PSP version fixes that, but who owns a psp? lol

I played the PSP version of 3 and I can’t imagine not being able to control party members lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Orb

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

link to the grips?

The name of the grip?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I use this one but I think a slightly older model because it doesn't have all those red nubs. It works great and is way more comfortable than just holding the Switch by itself

https://www.amazon.com/Satisfye-Ultimate-Accessories-Comfortable-Ergonomic-Thumbsticks/dp/B07FNJJG5V?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Gamed for 3 hours with em so far, no more hand cramps etc. Godly poo poo. If they make a 3ds version I'll be picking those up in the future as well

Apparently since the 3DS is discontinued grips are loving expensive for no good reason. Shame because I want one now

EDIT: At least on Amazon and eBay. There's a ton on Aliexpress for like $4-5 so I might just bite the bullet

Pablo Nergigante fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 1, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is the cast of The Big Lebowski.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The more I read about Saga Scarlet Grace the more I want to play it. It seems like the most user friendly Saga game ever made

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's on sale on PSN but I'm thinking Switch for portable goodness... hopefully it'll go on sale on the eShop soon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah definitely play DQXI. Hell, everyone should

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chapter 5: Peace

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Well there's a Square sale on the eShop and Saga Scarlet Grace is $15. The patient gamer stays winning

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Hell yeah. Anything else good in there

Pretty much everything is on sale, all the FF games, those DQ1-3 ports, Trials of Mana remake, Romancing Saga 2/3

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drat I should play DQ3

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fitter. Happier. More productive. Comfortable. Stupid. A quitter. Children dream of making games, not commenting on them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

More than ever hour after hour work is never over.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I wanna try it at least, and hell, now might be the best time to.... if I wasn't playing through all 27 Yakuza games whilst waiting on the SMT3 Remake + SMTV on the Nintendo Switch, not to mention chipping away at Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'll get to Octopath by 2025, I promise

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zeke kicks rear end especially because he starts out with some elements you might not have covered yet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/m7u3fp/shin_megami_tensei_iii_nocturne_hd_western/

may 25th for smt3 remaster, neatly splitting the uprights btween saga frontier and legend of mana. rpg gamers stay winning

Cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That's a bit later than I'd hoped for but it'll be here before I know it lol

I've heard rotten things about the switch version having pretty bad performance issues. Did that ever get patched?

According to comments in that thread, not really. Hopefully they'll keep working on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s getting a physical release on PS4 and Switch so I’ll probably be copping that jawn