Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm ???% of the way through romancing saga 1, just aimlessly wandering fighting billions of battles to gently caress up me event rank, and I can't wait for

Fungah! posted:

code:
Here's all that again, condensed:

A = Difficulty to learn Ability
E = Enemy Spark Value of ONLY the Main Enemy
T = Gun Talent
D = adjusted Difficulty
C = base Chance
I = Current INT (Base INT modified by equipment and any buffs/debuffs from the
    current battle, as well as Mystic Absorb Stat Boosts for Mystic Asellus)
F = Final Chance

A - ((E + T) - 10) = D
0 <= D <= 20
If you have Physical Mastery, convert D->C using Table 1.
If you don't have Physical Mastery, convert D->C using Table 2.
((C * I) / 64) = F
If rand(0...99) < F, this Ability will be learned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

I got the tude now posted:

is anyone else planning on playing saga frontier remastered when it launches? i'm pumped to both play and post about it. saga games sound cool

Just as soon as I finish RS2, RS3, SG, FF2, TLR, and also DQ11

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

extremebuff posted:

boss rush right before zoma that completely drained my party. brutal. have to come back with 99 herbs to make it to this guy at full strength.

judging by how every other big fight goes he'll probably wipe me anyway lol. also the trolls that spam blasto trying to delete one of your party members are gigantic cocksuckers

There's an item in the castle that restores HP while walking (auroral armor does this too) and also no random encounters in the boss room. Tedious but possibly less so than loving with herbs.

Zoma's not much harder than Baramos imo.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I've never played DQ3 actually. What's the best version, SNES?

SNES is the best looking.
GBC has an extra post game dungeon but it requires nutso levels of grinding to finish (every monster in the game drops bronze, silver and gold medals and you need to collect ALL of them).
Mobile/Switch removed pacheesi if you care about that, I personally didn't miss it.

Everything after the NES release has the item bag.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Gau and whoever.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
You don't need to have played 1 or 2. poo poo I still need to finish 2.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

b_d posted:

getting mixed messages here.

THEY don't have to play 1 or 2 but I sure as hell do.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I name everyone Wega.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

My wallet.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm definitely going to beat Romancing SaGa 2 this year. Definitely not going to put it down for 6 months, get confused about what I was doing, and start over for the 4th time.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

My wallet.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I highly recommend John Carmack's Dark Designs I-III for the Apple II computer.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm going to start Moon Remix and Paladin's Quest.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Artdink sandbox RPG Lunatic Dawn: Passage of the Book is $3 on Steam apparently.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

mysterious loyall X posted:

i bought that last december or something but got confused playing it in japanese AND english. nice. ill have to try it for more than 30 minutes some day...

also important to note that it wont show up in steam search unless you type it in japanese so heres a link.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/335420/_/

there's an english translation patch in the games steam discussions tho. nice

Yeah I read a post about it months back and had a hard time finding it in the store because Japanese , but I found it and wish listed it and here I am.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Humans and monsters are both totally busted in FFL1 so I barely used mutants.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Mobile version has a party of 4 and an accessory that makes monster catching easier so it's the clear winner.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm pretty sure the super famicom version is the only one with a 3 character party

You're right I just wanted to highlight it w the magnet.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Can't wait to check out Unlimited Saga after I beat Scarlet Grace after I beat The Last Remnant after I beat Frontier 2 after I beat Frontier after I beat Romancing 3.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I keep staring at the list of Tales games wondering where to start so the one on Gamepass seems like a good place.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Good soup! posted:

I'm about 8 hours into the first Suikoden, I'm having a good time. The only thing I genuinely havent liked or have been completely puzzled by is the dice game you have to win before you can get on the boat out of Kaku. I tried it the first time and failed something like four times in a row before I reloaded a save and got it on the second try, but apparently a poo poo load of people have just gotten stuck here with endless losses?? Is there really no trick to winning other than chance because tying a RNG mini game where you can lose a bunch of cash in a short amount of time sounds like a terrible idea, wtf

Grim lol at the thought of being stuck playing cee-lo forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Looking forward to checking out Arise after I wrap up Infinite Wealth and my interrupted P3P playthrough, haven't played any Tales before and I could really use a podcast RPG right now lol.