Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they're okay but usually these days i don't want to engage with their stupid/bad combat systems and/or stupid/bad fantasy stories. also their too long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

little munchkin posted:

potions are for killing elites/bosses in sts, not to save for emergencies

hell bust em out against the 3 bird group on floor 2 or the triple lizard combo that i always get right before the act 3 boss fuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its cool but it has absolutely the worst combat of any game ever made. this is not a joke

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

did you play witcher 1

yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

witcher 1 combat is bad but they made it worse in 2 since they tried to like make a real action rpg type thing isntead of the bizarro rpg rhythm game in witcher 1

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I beat the entirety of witcher 1 with all sidequests in 2009 while i was addicted to methadone and stealing electricity from my landlord and I honestly have no idea how that rhhyythm poo poo or the stances even worked. I think I just brute forced quicksaves until I won

geralt just sort of does aard arbitrarily like a dog

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheAardvark posted:

which JRPG should i pick up on the Switch? i haven't played any in years but i have quite the Hankering and a switch game would be very convenient right now.

moon

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the snes version is the best one imo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

iirc it also doesn't have additional optional super bosses which are ALWAYS bad. the game boy color version is the same version (aside from the graphics of course) if someone has a real hankering to play on a gbc also. amazing thank you enix

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fartlancer posted:

you have to play the nes games for the first 4 dragon warriors

dq1 stinks. hell so does dq2. ayuss. 3 and 4 on nes are cool tho unforch i just rented them over and over and beat one save file and didn't have the foresight to steal them and save them for 50 years to flip on ebay fuuuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

yeah wtf those were worth bank when I sold my collection to the vintage store

they both came out pretty late in the nes life and 4 (and maybe 3?) were released after the snes was out and probably only had small print runs or something. and enix's usa presence was really small compared to square.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

ooh i read some of that blog a couple years ago and was disappointed he hadn't reached ultima vii yet, which is a game i don't really want to play but i like to read about. but i guess he did that earlier this year ftw

ultaima 7 kicks rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

i did dick around in it for a little while. got the party together and wandered around until they wouldn't stop telling me how hungry they were constantly. like loving feed yourselves, poo poo

wow i bet you complain when horses perform tricks, horses take shits, and horses testicles change size dynamically depending on the weather too.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah - they're sick!!

the real sickness is playing fantasy wrpg turds where you have to vacuum up pile s of trash to crft poo poo. whoM cares how many awesome button presses it takes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i bought ys8 to play on my rig since it runs liek poo poo on switch. AND i can get the old botched translation since the sjws removed the line about "dana's big hole."

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s actually good and normal to have an inventory full of apples, pot lids, potions of lesser agility, rotten apples, kobold loincloths, boar hides boar tusks and boar hooves

Awesome: 300 rare 5 star gild beaver nutsacks in rdr2.

Fail/crimge: 300 rare 5 star Donald testicles in western rtwp trash.

Edit: phine is forcing me to say kobald instead of kobald

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like not running around on the map since they're all 1 brown area in p3

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

also the male mc in persona 3 is a serial killer and the female mc is 100x better since you get to have an s-link with the best persona character, aka koromaru the dog

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sex Tragedy posted:

being a game journalist is proof you are stupid/a quitter. children dream of making games, not commenting on them. then these people find out math/programming/making art/being a real writer is hard, but still believe they should be involved. gently caress em

Okay

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The side quests were all terrible it was prett y clear they wanted to di yakuza sidestoires but they were all awful to actually do. But i got to oggle zeroth and tifa diring them so they were good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

idk about the game but octopath and Project Triangle are extremely pretty games

they're hideous actually

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dante is cooler

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I will never play a persona game again

Good idea

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

Wondering when Labyrinth of Galleria is finally getting localized, Labyrinth of Refrain was pretty sick, really scratched that dungeon crawler itch. Anyone got any dungeon diving recommendations?

play the wizardry games starting from 1 on an apple ii

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

ths is the same reason i'll probably never play bg2 again, i love the game but the enhanced edition seems like hot wet bullshit and spending three hours modding it to get the ui and text boxes and stuff fixed just blows

Also rtwp games are rear end with aids

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

You can modify the combat to nit be based on psycjo ad&d rules in bg2 enhanced and turn off the (sort of) permadeath spells like imprison. And then you're free to revel in the worst part of any given bioware and or black isle game: 300 hours of atrocious writing!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

i played that game as was intended, putting all my stats into wisdom and intelligence and sleeping through the combat with overpowered late game dnd spells

Its not so much that the combat ia difficult in pst So much as it is bad u know. You can tell its basically an afterthought since the nameless one can power thru everyone solo almost even as a thief thanks to the tats and his weird skills. Plus the skull being able to do stuff like use his irresistable paralysis powers even on liches and poo poo. Bit its just not fun fuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yeah. I struggle to think of any hollywood stars who enhanced a game with their appearance. I think it's one of the few good things about GTA is that they never use big stars for the main roles.

check out christopher lloyd in the hit adventure game toonstruck

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

It's actually one of those things I kind of miss about older games, you'd just use your friends for stuff instead of hiring Hollywood actors for everything

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

patrick steward is in game for like 20 seconds before he gets killed much like in an earlier hit crpg lands of lore where he is also a king who gets killed 20 seoncds after starting

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

this, aonly i'm also a dedicated doors-must-be-surrounded-by-walls-on-two-sides mapper so i have to correct that by hand

Thank you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

without wizardry and ultima becoming massive hits in mjapan we would have persona5 royale where you tell ann it couldn't be helped that she was raped and ryuji saying all gays must be killed. makes you think.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fadam posted:

I’m liking it but is it normal for my guys to get their cheeks clapped all the time? I feel really weak and I’m reloading my save whenever I lose a guy but I’m not sure if that’s what I’m supposed to be doing. I love making the maps a lot.

normal encounters can be pretty hard and bosses are hard. foes you're usually supposed to run away from or dodge. bye

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you hate to see the one bad superboss/bonus dungeon that gives all the other great superboss/bonus dungeons in square-enix re-releases and remakes a bad name

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

man disco elysium is cool. i just finally passed the check with the old dudes playing bocce and laughed when i fuckin chucked their ball into the ocean. now to find another ball

Rude

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they also retranslated the wqhole game, which is good because the translatioon is bad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

wis h you could get photos in the betrayal at krondor manual in color

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Contards btfod

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I think I’m out of steam on bravely can anyone motivate me to push through by telling me if there are epic superbosses or something? I just got to the point where adelle is so jacked it’s not even challenging anymore

You jave to playnthe whole game 2x and itanterribpe. Farewell. If u mean the forst ds ones dunno about the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my favorite skill tree unlock storyline was dragging around the blade "agate" who says I love rocks and you have to mine different rocks until she finds her new favorite rock