Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hear that buying buttons is a very good way to make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

snake and bake posted:

Internet Busking and Begging

I'm really really good at playing the recorder and will do it for money anytime anyone asks

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Are you guys getting paid to post about posting or something? Shut the gently caress up

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have used things like are posted in this thread in desperate times and may use some of them again.

If you don't like them just don't use them.

If you think everyone can just go out and get something better then you clearly don't understand the situation

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Path of exile is probably the easiest to do real money trading with since it's free to play. If you're good at it you can make 50-100 exalts in a day and get about $1 for each most leagues.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crespolini posted:

There's a goon in Creative Convention who's claiming to make over 500$ a day by self publishing hastily written erotica on Amazon. Financial woes, begone!

drat, I wanna get in on this grift. is there a how-to somewhere?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

I can't even come up with a way to make fun of this post

Just thinking about it feels like someone is holding live electrodes to my temples

:confused: farming MMO currency is an entire industry. It's very real and people very much do it for a living all over the world. loving steve bannon used to do it for fucks sake.

I think most of it is done with bots but if someone is actually good at an mmo then it's just a matter of finding a way to mule out your gold to the real money trading pipeline for whatever game it is. I personally think playing a game you like for 8 hours a day and selling currency is a shitload better than working a minimum wage job, and posts like this are dogshit. If you don't have something other than trolling to contribute then just gently caress off, we get it, you're privileged and can't imagine having to do things for money that you don't love. just shut the gently caress up

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

point by point I guess

1. Steve Bannon owned a stake in a gold-farming company that employed Chinese workers each operating multiple instances of a given game for nickels per hour

2. These workers were, while not exactly chained to their desks and whipped, in any case exploited to satisfy the demands of wealthy western consumers and owners like Bannon. You say they were actually playing fun games all day, which you judge is a "shitload better than working a minimum wage job." Again, I have trouble even mocking this point of view, it's so appalling. Your claim that sitting in front of your computer all day monitoring Runescape in case a GM messages is similar to being a wealthy capitalist should make it clear to anyone still in doubt that not only are you totally ignorant of basic concepts like class and power relations, but you also have no common sense. You're a classic bird brain.

3. I am contributing by pointing out how misguided the "advice" itt is. I hope by doing so I will prevent you from doing any real harm to any naive goons who may have opened this thread in the sincere expectation of learning how to make ends meet

ok, I get it, you're trolling. have fun I guess.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
playing path of exile I could easily generate $50 a day in in-game currency if I focused on it, only reason I don't is because my wife and I already have ways to generate money and I don't know a real money trader to link up with. If I did I'd probably already be doing it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

back in the burning crusade / wotlk days of wow I used to sell gladiator titles for real money or in-game gold too, and sold two of my accounts to pay rent at one point :)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

little munchkin posted:

does not sound very lucrative to me

boy, wait till you hear about minimum wage jobs!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I have never lived anywhere a minimum-wage job would not have covered the rent on

lmao you stupid loving idiot

https://www.businessinsider.com/ful...20the%20report.

quote:

The average minimum wage worker has to work more than 2 full-time jobs to afford a 2-bedroom rental in any state in the US

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

read the post again

wow, living in your parents' basement is free? who'd have thought?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

whippet box said his friend 'almost' paid rent with the money he got from playing Diablo all day. even in New York City, rent would have to exceed ($15/hour * 32 hours * 4 weeks/month = $1920/month) for a full-time minimum-wage job not to cover it.

That wasn't me you loving idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You can imagine that the argument I'm making is 'minimum wage is plenty for anybody to live on' if you like, but what I'm actually saying is, 'working a minimum-wage job is a better option than farming MMO gold all day'

Just because you cannot imagine someone else's circumstances does not mean those circumstances do not exist