Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

"At hospital, lost fingat" by Ranccor was the first goon adventure I truly followed in detail as it happened. Most of the ones before were things I read later or caught on the front page. I don't remember if it was real or fake though, it's been almost 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

spouse posted:

"At hospital, lost fingat" by Ranccor was the first goon adventure I truly followed in detail as it happened. Most of the ones before were things I read later or caught on the front page. I don't remember if it was real or fake though, it's been almost 10 years.

I tried to describe that to non-goons at one point and "So someone got a Gamecube...wait, there was a mod challenge...wait, so there are these forums...you know, just buy an account and read it yourself."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chomp8645 posted:

Oh, lol. I browse with AV's off. But you're right that would have been a clue.

You probably shouldnt because you need to see your av to believe it

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Proposal: goon makes a game mod
Reality: goon gets banned for being a creep
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749611&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

e. the only helldump thread I remember is the one on ReturnoftheMac because she was like the proto-redditor
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3025596&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

MIDWIFE CRISIS has a new favorite as of 13:54 on Dec 6, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Admiral Goodenough posted:

e. the only helldump thread I remember is the one on ReturnoftheMac because she was like the proto-redditor
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3025596&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Holy poo poo I did not remember that this was where "goon-GOON! goon-GOON!" came from.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Outstanding post:

"Pablo Nergigante" posted:

quote:

Right now I'm currently debating between Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme, an entertaining romantic comedy visual novel about a group of scientists who end up becoming girls after a lab explosion causes them to inhale gender swap gas, and DIDnapper, an RPGmaker game about kidnapping girls. I have yet to play the latter, but I'm currently getting it rn and will play it a bit first before I make my decision. You guys are free to suggest other ideas if you want, just know that they should be games that are good for SSLPs, as while I'd like to eventually start doing video LPs, I don't have the proper equipment to make a good video LP first. Plus, I figure it'll be easier to make an entrance into the world of video LPing if and can develop a fanbase via SSLPs first.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wasn't there someone in an "admit stuff" thread who talked about torturing animals for fun? Then other goons were like "well, I did [insert torturous thing here], but NOTHING as bad as [insert extremely torturous thing here]"?

The thread was gassed because of it and the poster was permabanned. I forget who it was but he went into graphic detail about torturing lizards and other small animals. At first people thought it was a sick joke but then the guy seemed genuinely confused as to why anyone would be upset with him. I don’t remember anyone defending him, just page after page of the poster insisting it was totally normal behavior and people telling him to GTFO.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

"Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme" doesn't even really sound like a real game

the actual game with that plot is probably called like, Yokohama Chess Society or something

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

just 3 pages of polite and humble talk about his mod and LPs then suddenly :barf:Dare you enter my magical realm?:barf:

E: I made this poo poo for some reason:

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Dec 6, 2020

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

"Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme" doesn't even really sound like a real game

the actual game with that plot is probably called like, Yokohama Chess Society or something

I checked and it exists on Steam, and looks really terrible.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/321060/Gender_Bender_DNA_Twister_Extreme/

e. lmao the first review just calls it "Deviant Art - the game."

MIDWIFE CRISIS has a new favorite as of 15:02 on Dec 6, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Over 375,000 words. That's longer than Gravity's Rainbow. Jesus Christ.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Over 375,000 words. That's longer than Gravity's Rainbow. Jesus Christ.

I want to see a word cloud with those 375k words.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Never underestimate the willpower of nerds w/r/t hentai

I knew a guy in high school who had literally dozens of CD spindles FULL of burned anime and hentai, like more than you would think 1 person could conceivably watch, and I have no problem believing he had seen them all.

e: then again just that One Piece show is like 950 episodes and counting and there's gotta be thousands of people who have seen the whole thing, so "more than 1 person could conceivably watch" is probably much more than I think

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Dec 6, 2020

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Whatever happened to Kompressor? I still listen to him every now and then on spotify

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Never underestimate the willpower of nerds w/r/t hentai

I knew a guy in high school who had literally dozens of CD spindles FULL of burned anime and hentai, like more than you would think 1 person could conceivably watch, and I have no problem believing he had seen them all.

e: then again just that One Piece show is like 950 episodes and counting and there's gotta be thousands of people who have seen the whole thing, so "more than 1 person could conceivably watch" is probably much more than I think

The things we do for love...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Valko posted:

I always wanted to try acid or shrooms but stories like that...

Eh, I was a raging alcoholic in my twenties and an episode like that would not have been out of the ordinary for me.

Shrooms are fun but not if you have too much

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It has been my experience that weirdly, it is much easier to reign in your out-of-control emotions on acid, than it is on mushrooms.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It has been my experience that weirdly, it is much easier to reign in your out-of-control emotions on acid, than it is on mushrooms.

Facts. Shrooms can make you more paranoid, in many ways they're a weirder experience, but it's like comparing apples and ducks

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
You seem to have created a PYF thread - I'm helping. :)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You're the exclamation mark at the end of my least favourite dumb goon story, I just trusted too much.:saddowns::yikeseroo:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You seem to have created a PYF thread - I'm helping. :)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938487

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Simone Magus posted:

Facts. Shrooms can make you more paranoid, in many ways they're a weirder experience, but it's like comparing apples and ducks

Yeah. Everyone's scared of acid for some reason, but shroom highs are more often harder to handle. Maybe it's because acid comes in smaller doses; it might be easier to mishandle a sheet and take-in too much acid at once.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Simone Magus posted:

Whatever happened to Kompressor? I still listen to him every now and then on spotify

He's Drew Toothpaste, known for Married To the Sea and Da Share Z0ne.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

prayer group posted:

He's Drew Toothpaste, known for Married To the Sea and Da Share Z0ne.

Before he launched Toothpaste for Dinner, he had an awesome blog around 2000 or so. I remember really enjoying reading it back in the day.

ishikabibble posted:

whacked out because he was an Actual Meth Addict and the road trip was an attempt to get him away from Seattle/his meth buddies

and then it turns out he was just a poo poo person and sexually assaulted the wife (?) of the goon who was letting him stay with them

That whole thread/saga was a loving mess. Dude had burned several people before in the past but hey lets try again!
Highlights of that thread that I remember:
1. 14 INCH had abused meth for so long that he had dentition issues so bad he couldn't really eat solid food. He got some charity dental work to help him out during the thread though, which was good.
2. He rode a bicycle down to like Florida or something, and worked at a campground for a while. TBH he probably should have just stayed put there as a handyman or landscaper, he seemed to be doing well while he was there.
3. When he got to the goon's house in Colorado, it was very touch and go for a while. He would post pics of himself drinking, and very few people seemed to care, even though this was a guy with a bad substance abuse history. Both sides seemed to be kind of lovely towards each other and would air their dirty laundry towards each other in the thread.
4. Said goon that he stayed with was kind of taking advantage of him. I think it was very kind of him to offer him a place to stay and all of that, however he pretty much used the dude as an indentured servant to repair his cars and various other poo poo he had. There was some piece of poo poo lawn tractor that 14 had to completely rewire to get running, it was ridiculous. He also tried to flip various European cars making him do all of the work and taking most of the money.
5. None of that excuses 14's shitass behavior at all though. Road to hell is paved with good intentions, etc etc

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Wait, wasn't this in GBS? PYF already has the Sagas thread, this is redundant

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

Wait, wasn't this in GBS? PYF already has the Sagas thread, this is redundant
Jeffrey moved it here

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

The Hambulance posted:

Wasn't there a Goon that went to climb Mt Everest with zero preparation and died on the mountain?

I know someone said “no” already, but I’m here to say “maybe”. Goons die doing all sorts of things without us knowing about it. Last week I was working in a aluminum can plant and at one point was on a catwalk over an open container of hydrochloric acid. If I had fallen in I would have been the goon that got melted by acid. No one here would know about it, unless my wife came on to brag that she was the widow of a guy who melted...

Well my point stands anyways.

mysterious frankie has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Dec 9, 2020

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

mysterious frankie posted:

I know someone said “no” already, but I’m here to say “maybe”. Goons die doing all sorts of things without us knowing about it. Last week I was working in a aluminum can plant and at one point was on a catwalk over an open container of hydrochloric acid. If I had fallen in I would have been the goon that got melted by acid. No one here would know about it, unless my wife came on to brag that she was the widow of a guy who melted...

Well my point stands anyways.

I'd buy your wife an account if she takes 'Real Acid?' as a username.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Outrail posted:

I'd buy your wife an account if she takes 'Real Acid?' as a username.

No, she must never know there are more of me.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Better Than You posted:

Jeffrey moved it here

Yeah and the thread immediately died.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Tell more story

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ill post a story about myself that the Nitecrew used to laugh about or not who cares

I did 6 months in jail cuz i tried to steal Darkspore from walmart

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Was it worth it?

And do you consider that a dumb story about a goon or a story about a dumb goon?

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
In one of those bachelor chat threads there was a goon who said he didn't buy toilet paper because he would use his own piss as a bidet. Like he would piss up his own rear end to clean the poo poo off

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

Hotel Kpro posted:

In one of those bachelor chat threads there was a goon who said he didn't buy toilet paper because he would use his own piss as a bidet. Like he would piss up his own rear end to clean the poo poo off

Leave genesplicer alone

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

verbal enema posted:

Ill post a story about myself that the Nitecrew used to laugh about or not who cares

I did 6 months in jail cuz i tried to steal Darkspore from walmart

how

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Hotel Kpro posted:

That's legitimately impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Das Butterbrot posted:

proposal: ordering russian benzo to get high

reality: the entirity of the Joose thread, including but not limited to a goon blacking out for multiple days, ordering a grand piano and losing his relationship in the process, all without remembering any of it

myth: goon orders grand piano on a benzo blackout
reality: they added a piano to a shopping cart on an online store, no order was placed