Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Royal Rumble is pretty great, ngl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also I cannot lie, I will forever be amused by the description of crowds going TOTALLY BANANA (sic). If this makes me a bad person I'm sorry

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

why did he say rawkishi anyway. the southern way to say rikishi is ruh kaye shee

I have always wondered the same thing

I'm glad I'm not alone

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Pat Patterson is a complex individual, he was an out pro wrestler in a time where it was very hard to be out for anyone. He was obviously a great wrestler and a great creative mind. He also faced some gross false accusations about how conduct from Murray Hodgson due to being an out wrestler and an easy target.

But he also sexually harassed people including teenagers. Most wrestlers would say this was him "ribbing" them but well, that doesn't change the fact he did it!

Okay so I wasn't nuts in thinking some of the allegations he faced were falsified? For a minute I got really confused because I was like "wasn't that disproven?" until I realized there were different sets of allegations.

Dammit Pat, you could have been so cool otherwise. :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

loving HELL I forgot about this clip.

Jesus Christ.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Yes, the Murray allegation that was on the tabloid media was in all likelihood fake. Murray had tried this type of scam with other people.

Tom Hankins claimed he asked Pat about getting a job with WWE and Pat told him the only way that would happen is if Tom had sex with him, Tom refused. There doesn't seem to be any doubt that this incident happened, and wrestlers who Meltzer talked to seemed to defend it by saying Pat was joking.

Tom Cole claimed that Pat would grope and make sexually suggestive gestures towards him as a teenager. Tom Cole had way less animosity towards Pat than towards Phillips or Garvin, so you can probably give it the benefit of the doubt that Pat liked making people really uncomfortable to amuse himself and wasn't trying to molest people the way Mel Phillips was. Still hosed up!

Thanks for the edification. Makes me wonder if the non-ribbing "ribbing" type poo poo is what happened with Roddy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MazelTovCocktail posted:

FWIW Roddy then said that it wasn’t the case shortly afterward. :iiam:

Because there's certainly no stigma associated with coming forward about stuff like that. Not a bit. Especially not in wrestling, wherein the alleged abuser is like, literally Vince's best friend. Nope.

Not saying it couldn't have just been Roddy being strange about something else, but I dunno if I take him at his word that it didn't happen with all the other variables at play here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BTW just wanna mention this, Pat was the biggest champion backstage of Sami Zayn, which is an Objectively Good Thing both in terms of wrestling ability and the quality of the human, so that's another reason Pat didn't entirely suck.