Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Jailbrekr posted:

what is your recommendation for building a coilgun with the equivalent discharge of a magnum pi?

A magnum π ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Waterbed Wendy posted:

My gun is the forums. the bullets? My posts.
The trigger? The post button.
The sights? The quote button.
The bayonet? The report button.
The silencer? The edit button.
The grenade launcher? My gun.

Boom. Headshot. Calling in my uav now. Oh, what's the uav? Discord drama. Oorah.

:hai:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I want a handgun in 10 millimeters what should I get

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

bird with big dick posted:

Since I'm already here, speaking of guns that shouldn't be owned, here's a real good example. Not because it's especially effective or murderous, in fact the exact opposite, it is extremely stupid. It is useless. Why, you ask? It does have a lot of power but that extra power is not beneficial over a 9mm or 45 unless you're trying to crack someone's engine block at 100 yards. That extra power also means it has a lot of recoil, which is bad. It is also relatively unreliable. It has a low ammo capacity. It is extremely large. It is extremely heavy. It and its ammo are extremely expensive. It is called a Deagle which sounds like a dog with a chromosome deficiency. It is, exclusively, owned by cretins.

Here is mine:

I have one they called the baby eagle back when IMI was making them

It’s so cute

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp

Dear Watson posted:

Rock Island double stack railed 1911 or a glock 20

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.

A real man uses a hwacha and wears genuine 16th century armor at all times for home defense.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Dear Watson posted:

Whatever pistol looks most like the Fallout 10mm. IT'S the coolest.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Vim Fuego posted:

Rock Island double stack railed 1911 or a glock 20

The rock island is pretty.
I’ve never liked shooting glocks so I’d have to try out the Glock 2 before buying.
Which one of these is the fallout 10mm

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I had a BB gun when I was a kid. It was pretty cool. One time my friend shot me with it and the little BB got stuck under my skin and we pulled it out with a pair of tweezers because if my parents found out they'd probably be pissed and take the gun away. That's the full extent of my gun experience but it was pretty good

oh, and I played paintball once, that was fun

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

StarkRavingMad posted:

I had a BB gun when I was a kid. It was pretty cool. One time my friend shot me with it and the little BB got stuck under my skin and we pulled it out with a pair of tweezers because if my parents found out they'd probably be pissed and take the gun away. That's the full extent of my gun experience but it was pretty good

oh, and I played paintball once, that was fun

I did the same thing with a spring-loaded BB gun when I was a kid. I shot my little brother in the ankle accidentally while saying "DANCE, PILGRIM" and shooting near his feet. The BB ricocheted and lodged under his skin after which I was grounded forever and the BB gun was taken away.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Waterbed Wendy posted:

My gun is the forums. the bullets? My posts.
The trigger? The post button.
The sights? The quote button.
The bayonet? The report button.
The silencer? The edit button.
The grenade launcher? My gun.

Boom. Headshot. Calling in my uav now. Oh, what's the uav? Discord drama. Oorah.

I prefer to think of it as more of a mortar, or maybe a culverin

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
This is my one firearm at the moment. Kinda hard to find .223 right now, I shoulda got an AK. According to the serial number, it's a 1978. A brief, gay short history on the Ruger Mini 14: it's called a ranch rifle and can only shoot .223, not .556 for some reasons. It's design is based on the M14. Due to the folding stock, it was frequently carried by prison guards. It was also featured heavily in the A TEAM. There's some other fun facts about, but wikipedia is letting me down, and most of you won''t care. It gets a bad rap for accuracy, but many wealthy gun nut youtubers have proven that shot groupings aren't that far off from AR15 rifles, and thanks to the gas relief design you don't get all sooty after shooting it. It has about a 4 foot flash and sends spent cartridges like 30 feet, so going to the range always makes me laugh. It's super easy to take apart and clean, and maybe one day will be worth more money than I paid for it(too much). Anyway, can't believe I made this serious post. Thanks for reading. PS, if you have one or want one thats an old model like this one, be advised that ONLY the Ruger brand magazines feed rounds reliably. I bought a shiny one at a gun show for $20 and threw it away within minutes of trying it out.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

steal from ur job and use it to buy guns, imo

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

interwhat posted:

This is my one firearm at the moment. Kinda hard to find .223 right now, I shoulda got an AK. According to the serial number, it's a 1978. A brief, gay short history on the Ruger Mini 14: it's called a ranch rifle and can only shoot .223, not .556 for some reasons. It's design is based on the M14. Due to the folding stock, it was frequently carried by prison guards. It was also featured heavily in the A TEAM. There's some other fun facts about, but wikipedia is letting me down, and most of you won''t care. It gets a bad rap for accuracy, but many wealthy gun nut youtubers have proven that shot groupings aren't that far off from AR15 rifles, and thanks to the gas relief design you don't get all sooty after shooting it. It has about a 4 foot flash and sends spent cartridges like 30 feet, so going to the range always makes me laugh. It's super easy to take apart and clean, and maybe one day will be worth more money than I paid for it(too much). Anyway, can't believe I made this serious post. Thanks for reading. PS, if you have one or want one thats an old model like this one, be advised that ONLY the Ruger brand magazines feed rounds reliably. I bought a shiny one at a gun show for $20 and threw it away within minutes of trying it out.

Nice

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Big Beef City posted:

bird I love ya most of the time, so please take this as you will - there's a whole goddamn subforum for guns that you and the rest of the gun nuts can gently caress right on off to with this poo poo.
is there? i don't see any!

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I don't have a concealed carry license so I have to walk around with my penis hanging out for everyone to see. Not too embarrassed when I get a boner though because it's so big.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp

TenementFunster posted:

lol

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
I keep a gatling gun beside the bed in case the British come back.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

I dont know the answer to that question, which is why I am asking Higgins. Geez.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Got a magnum gun for my magnum cock

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TenementFunster posted:

:lol: I wondered when you'd show up :hf:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

interwhat posted:

that's awesome

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

A mini 14 was on my list of things I wanted but my government just banned them. That's fine, they cost too much anyway.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

:lol: I wondered when you'd show up :hf:
mods

Saalkin posted:

A mini 14 was on my list of things I wanted but my government just banned them. That's fine, they cost too much anyway.
also they kinda suck. now that an AR-15 costs less than an Mini-14, there is no goddamn reason to ever buy one.

at least Samson who whoever makes a new-production A Team style stock but still, no.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
*owns gun as I have a small penis and low iq*

*shoots wife because I think she’s a burglar*

Well golly geez I done messed up, must be gods will *slaps knee*

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Do it ironically posted:

*owns gun as I have a small penis and low iq*

*shoots wife because I think she’s a burglar*

Well golly geez I done messed up, must be gods will *slaps knee*
"actually, this was praxis and the revolution is nigh"

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I need muh guns to stop the government

*government sends in a drone and blows up my lovely trailer easily killing me*

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Do it ironically posted:

I need muh guns to stop the government
*enthusiastically supports the government*

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
guns are cool and interesting and while ill never personally own one, I do love watching hikok45 and Forgotten Weapons in the background.

Here's my favorite video from the latter. e: Actually, best summed up by Ian himself: "The problem I think was, a lot of the guys who are making these guns didn't actually really know anything about firearms". Its a great watch even if you know little about guns because he explains everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HNaB7l2GQk

also paging Pennywise The Frown, this thread is your wheelhouse

buglord fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 6, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Since I'm already here, speaking of guns that shouldn't be owned, here's a real good example. Not because it's especially effective or murderous, in fact the exact opposite, it is extremely stupid. It is useless. Why, you ask? It does have a lot of power but that extra power is not beneficial over a 9mm or 45 unless you're trying to crack someone's engine block at 100 yards. That extra power also means it has a lot of recoil, which is bad. It is also relatively unreliable. It has a low ammo capacity. It is extremely large. It is extremely heavy. It and its ammo are extremely expensive. It is called a Deagle which sounds like a dog with a chromosome deficiency. It is, exclusively, owned by cretins.

Here is mine:

uhh where's the other one for akimbo shootin :blastu:

I had a ruger redhawk .44 7.5" for a little while and it was stupid but also loving awesome and I kind of wish I hadn't sold it :smith:

Also now I have some .44mag ammo I don't have anything to shoot out of so I'm looking at lever guns :haw:

Saalkin posted:

:canada::hf::canada:

I got 3 rifles now banned cuz of those chucklefucks

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
I am curious if it is possible to fit a "deagle" inside an adult male anus.

Do you have any information in regards to this usage of a "deagle"

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Gonna get an SKS for my first rifle :- ) have a glock 19 atm thats fun but I want a real piece of junk now

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

priznat posted:

:canada::hf::canada:

I got 3 rifles now banned cuz of those chucklefucks

Hey Priznat!

I only have one, but it's on its third ban now. Extra-extra-banned.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

TenementFunster posted:

mods

also they kinda suck. now that an AR-15 costs less than an Mini-14, there is no goddamn reason to ever buy one.

at least Samson who whoever makes a new-production A Team style stock but still, no.

That really depends on your states laws, I have one because getting an NY-compliant AR was a pain. Mines got a fixed stock on it that has some crazy engraving that I wasn’t expecting when I ordered it off gunbroker.

Most of my guns are pretty restrained and old-fashioned (I inherited two Winchester Model 12 shotguns, I have a bolt action .22, and the Ruger).
The DP-12 is not most of my guns. It’s basically let’s stick as many adjectives as we can onto a shotgun”. It’s the only double-barreled pump action shotgun in production! The early ones were kind of unreliable but I have a new one and I’ve put at least 1k rounds through it without and problems.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Dear Watson posted:

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Deliverer

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don’t own any guns but that looks like a fun one to have

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Snowy posted:

I don’t own any guns but that looks like a fun one to have

Ruger pistols are incredibly fun guns for target shooting.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Automatic actions are lame. All guns should be lever or bolt-action. Including pistols. Shotguns must be break-action.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone should be allowed to carry a handgun as long as it's a single action revolver. Six shots is more than enough to kill anything that moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Sunswipe posted:

Everyone should be allowed to carry a handgun as long as it's a single action revolver. Six shots is more than enough to kill anything that moves.

But what about everything