Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

they don't like me and i don't like them all they want to talk about is which guns are good for shooting people or animals or paper targets and all I want to talk about is which guns feel best when rubbed against your skin or taste the best when licked

I like u :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

like a decade ago at this point lol. i can’t even *see* the subforum because Lowtax or whoever lovingly created a custom forum listing page just for me. it’s like when the US Government built a prison under the Pentagon made entirely out of plexiglas for Magneto, except instead of killing JFK, I just made a bunch of libertarian nerds angry in 2007.

Don't forget the part where even if someone decided to reverse it, they can't because nobody knows how to do it without breaking the forums. Yours is a load-bearing ban on which the entire foundation of this place relies upon.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

lol is SA's userbase old enough now that we're scared of "gangs" like it's 1987?

More just a dig at one of the dumber pieces of firearms legislation that's trying to be passed up here. The federal government is trying make it so that municipalities can make it illegal for handguns to be in their borders and if you have a permit, well, they haven't thought that far out yet.

It's dumb for a lot of reasons but the biggest one is that if they pass it, it's going to lead to a hilariously ugly constitutional battle because municipalities are under provincial jurisdiction. Quebec hates guns but what they hate even more are the feds trying to butt in on provincial matters, so having them take the feds to court over it is gonna be great.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Canadian-style restrictions on firearms for less restrictions on suppressors would be cool, mainly because I'm already under Canadian-style restrictions and it would probably be really nice for subsistence hunters and people living on the trapline to be able to keep their hearing.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Also, I truly don't understand the need for suppressors. Why would you pay $600+ for a single suppressor for a single gun (or compatible) when you can get earpro for infinite guns for $10?

If it's not just a range toy they're nice for not causing hearing damage to anyone in the immediate vicinity, or annoying anyone who lives nearby. I think the price in the US is also a function of all the hoops needed to jump through to get one, in places where they're just sporting goods and firearms are the restricted good cheaper options become available. Trawling Norwegian shops I was able to find .22 suppressors for $50, and even more expensive ones are still half the price of what you'd find in the US.

Shumagorath posted:

I imagine cleaning them is an enormous pain with all the nasty poo poo in gun smoke, and larger calibres like .45 also need liquid refills.

Look up "the dip" if you want to see some new forms of gun owner stupidity. A 50/50 mix of hydrogen peroxide and vinegar does a really good job at dissolving lead deposits, and leaves you with a solution of toxic lead acetate that should be brought to a hazardous waste facility. Of course there are people doing this that think that's EPA hippy bullshit so they dump the potent neurotoxin they just made into the drain.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

are US suppressor laws more onerous than Canadian firearm laws though? good getting chuds to accept a 5rd magazines, though. what if i get attacked by 50 antifas?!

The $200 stamp, paperwork, and all the BS involved with setting up a trust is definitely a bigger pain than the processes in place for the stuff we can get up here. I think there's also stuff you have to look out for when crossing state lines with NFA items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

When I inherited my .44 Carbine it came with a full box of .44 magnum ammo, but it wasn't jacketed so I couldn't use it in my rifle without fouling the hell out of the gas system. Someone at my Black Badge course brought a revolver for it on the second day and I just wanted the brass for reloading so anyone who wanted to burn through my ammo was welcome to.

Everyone took one or two shots at most before going "I'm good", so I had to burn through 30 rounds by the end of the day to get my brass. My wrist was sore for a couple days after that.