Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I remember when we all realized Bill Polian was a complete hack.

Also when he came out and stated he had Tom brady graded as a first round pick. Why he chose Guard Matt Johnson in the 5th, a person that never played a game, remains a mystery.

Maybe he was graded as a first round pick too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

good for steve.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Just came across this again, never a bad time to post it.

https://twitter.com/TDISportsClips/status/1334308655785775107

How many MVPs does Cunningham get in today's NFL

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DROTY/OROTY are probably wrapped up

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1334852455054467073?s=20

Steve Atwater is Chinn's uncle. I learned that recently.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bUt He DoEsNt NeEd mOnEy BeCaUsE oF GiSelLe

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Do nfl coaches tend to have more or less guaranteed money in their contracts than their college counterparts? Anyone know? Googling doesn’t really help me here it seems

The top college coaches get paid way more than most nfl coaches.

Not to mention the absurd buyouts. Like last season it would have cost 6 mil more to fire Will Muschamp than to have Bill Belichick for one season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Theres at least 4 NFL coaches that are paid more than Dabo Sweeney. The NFL still pays more on average, and mid level college programs aren't going to come close to an NFL salary. The Dabos and Sabans are exceptions, not rules.

yeah but the top college coaches all have insane buyouts that gently caress with everything.

like if A&M decided to fire Jimbo Fisher, making 7.5 million this season, it would cost over 50 million dollars.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

The above are all exactly why I couldn’t Google it. I can’t really tell.

Basically it seems like college coaches get WAY more guaranteed/buyout than NFL coaches. I wonder why that is.

college coaches have high paid agents negotiating their contracts, while college ADs are often just dipshits that have risen to the top of a good ol boy network that don't stand a loving chance. or, in the case of like arkansas, michigan, auburn etc their programs are bankrolled by one person who Does Not Give A poo poo how much it costs, GET BOBBY PETRINO IN HERE

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the fact that it's not isolated to one position group isn't the most reassuring thing in the world.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Big words to the guy who’s not winning DROTY.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gonna be max 500 people for the remainder of the regular season for the Packers

https://twitter.com/ReinerOlivia/status/1336452742659919874

that's like 1100 though if you go by BMI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

I should really start gambling on sports sometime

“I’ll prove these shoes are fireproof.”