Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

if I can be serious for a moment: i thought the match was pretty sloppy and possibly bad given the expectations but i thought the mic shot + v trigger spam into mean kenny winning & the locker room all hating him was sick. i don't give a gently caress about impact but aew has the benefit of the doubt where "wait and see" is a viable option instead of a meme. therefore, 5/5 you have my axe

don't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The final sequence of V-Triggers followed by Kenny just booking it made the ending of that good even if I would have preferred just a straight match.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

I have changed positions 600 times since this thread went up, but I experience time at 1/100 the speed of a normal poster.

I'm just trying to imagine your posting if KENTA had actually shown up

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Now that the AEW title is in TNA, Coward Tony must sanction the FTW title.

gently caress I swear to god if Taz makes a promo even approaching that bargain I will explode from laughter.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

don't care

hahahaha

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

flatluigi posted:

kenny winning the belt and immediately running to impact with it is an incredibly hilarious and inspired way to get heel heat and i'm here for it

honestly its just the next progression of his increasingly obsequious heel heat intros

HE... IS THE FIRST AEW WRESTLER TO WALK IN TO IMPACT WRESTLING

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Imagine Sting with Dark Order style face paint.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think the finish and doctor check spot dragged the match down but it was on free TV so it's hard to get mad at it. And it's an angle to get people talking though in the end I expect Impact will end up like UWFi did with New Japan except without anyone winning a title

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Hangman has to bring the title back and earn the love of the locker room.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I love this kind of poo poo. I am all the way there for Omega in the Impact zone.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
when the gently caress was the last good invasion angle? roh/czw?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ok that was an amazing show. I am all pumped up now can't stop moving or stop smiling.

Miro was a beast in the Battle Royale and I loved it. I also love Sting acting like weirdo never talking 97 sting and basically telling everyone that Darby is his new protgee. Also yes this is great. AEW working with all these other organizations only makes it seem bigger and cooler and make wrestling as a whole seem bigger and cooler.

Like hey guess what there isnt just one company in America. There is actually a bunch. And they know about each other and you might see them on each other's shows.

ALSO gently caress YOU OMEGA YOU HAD A GENTLEMAN'S AGREEMENT!

But what I love about this cheating is that it doesnt make Omega look unworthy of being champ. He still kicked out of a for real clean Death Rider and a bunch of other big moves and did some drat big moves himself.

If this was WCW back in 96 it would have been one bop with the mic and the match was over. But Omega had to do that and a bunch of other sick rear end moves to put down Mox.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Sting debuts in AEW and one of their top stars instantly turns heel and steals the title to jump ship to TNA

Yeah, Kenny definitely "instantly turned heel" tonight, he has not been turning heel for weeks and weeks.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the four people who voted for britt/karen angle as MOTN needs to show themselves and explain

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I'm wary but intrigued.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Alaois posted:

I'm just trying to imagine your posting if KENTA had actually shown up

"listen to that lack of heel heat" as the boos cross a million decibels and Naito softly weeps

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The AEW game that's coming out might have just got a potential new bunch of adds as well. That's pretty awesome.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

:wcw::wcw::wcw::wcw::wcw:

:wcw::wcw::wcw::wcw::wcw:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I'll do it, I'll turn on Impact while I do something else and keep occasionally checking for Kenny

good as heck show, heck!

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1334319544916193281

Mox's wife also had quite the reaction "It's loving Sting".

:unsmith:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

we got a gif of that rose petal explosion yet

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kenny did nothing wrong. They had a gentlemen's agreement which Mox broke with his dangerous, viscous, uncalled for attack on Kenny where he paradigm shifted him through a heater. Kenny was simply evening the playing field after that CHEATER Mox tried to steal yet another victory, just like he did to poor MJF. Luckily, Don runs a promotion where that kind of disgusting behavior isn't abided.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

if I can be serious for a moment: i thought the match was pretty sloppy and possibly bad given the expectations but i thought the mic shot + v trigger spam into mean kenny winning & the locker room all hating him was sick. i don't give a gently caress about impact but aew has the benefit of the doubt where "wait and see" is a viable option instead of a meme. therefore, 5/5 you have my axe

REAL opinion of this post: "This is the way" from the mandalorian show.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gimme Nyla Rose vs. Jordynne Grace. Beefy ladies slapping beef

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Cavauro posted:

this is turning into some kind of national wrestling alliance

Now, I know that I'm probably taking this too seriously but... as far as galaxy brain plans go that... actually makes some kind of sense?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Just find it super funny that in 2020 Impact not only got it's logo featured on New Japan World but is also involved in an angle with AEW's world champion. Don Callis can not be stopped

sanshiro takagi and don callis are somehow the two smartest promoters in 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Coaaab posted:

when the gently caress was the last good invasion angle? roh/czw?

This year when 44.OH took over GCW.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

yea ok posted:

i wanna read the post-mortem of that match (maybe it was too cold outside)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTQ381fGLRo

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Cant wait for the bird to show up and taunt Bischoff on once of his appearances.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The more I think about it the more I like it. Kenny talks a huge game, the best bout machine is back. And then cheats and runs away to Impact because he burned every single bridge at his own company in exchange for holding the title. It's really good.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I love dumb bullshit and the ending of this episode gave me that in spades.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i don't know what there is for Sting to do in AEW on a multi year deal but i trust them so I expect it will be bad rear end.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

oh but seriously I posted:

the four people who voted for britt/karen angle as MOTN needs to show themselves and explain

:mods:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Somewhere you can hear Bischoff giggling and Cornette loading his guns.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1334338654265864195
Hahah

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, Kenny definitely "instantly turned heel" tonight, he has not been turning heel for weeks and weeks.

I have it on good authority that Kenny was just being A Star

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
TNA has a few spooky ghost girls that can team up with Abadon to mess with Shida.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kenny is clearly the face here, you're all in the pocket of big Mox.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sting should have interfered in the main event to help kenny win and then announce that if aew is all about being all in then the joker's wild and the entire tna roster comes to the ring and every single one of them takes turns saying "poo poo" into a microphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

The more I think about it the more I like it. Kenny talks a huge game, the best bout machine is back. And then cheats and runs away to Impact because he burned every single bridge at his own company in exchange for holding the title. It's really good.

Ibushi probably can't save him now