Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
dynamite nitro is BACK BAY-BEE!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
when the gently caress was the last good invasion angle? roh/czw?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

yea ok posted:

if I can be serious for a moment: i thought the match was pretty sloppy and possibly bad given the expectations but i thought the mic shot + v trigger spam into mean kenny winning & the locker room all hating him was sick. i don't give a gently caress about impact but aew has the benefit of the doubt where "wait and see" is a viable option instead of a meme. therefore, 5/5 you have my axe
i wanna read the post-mortem of that match (maybe it was too cold outside)

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

On the one hand I don't like the idea of Mox and Kenny just trading the title. On the other, if Mox doesn't get revenge I'mma be legit mildly peeved online about wrestling booking.

Also, incredible heel turn tbh.
aew's gonna draw some ppv bucks from you over the next year if you want mox to fulfill his revenge

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

ItohRespectArmy posted:

kenny has convinced me to watch impact, god loving damnit.
i refuse b/c i'll read all about it in this discussion thread anyway

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
blood and guts match w/ impact

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
who's gonna be 1997 fall brawl curt hennig?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Gonzo McFee posted:

They got a man called Stank and opened the wrong Forbidden Portal. Wrap it up AEFailures

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MJeff posted:

Anyway, also, Sting's theme slaps. I remember when AEW started we kinda made fun of the themes, but Mikey Rukus has really come into his own.

https://aewrestling.bandcamp.com/track/arrival-sting-aew-theme
hours later, this still kicks rear end

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Kirios posted:

It's really bizarre to me to see people here talk so negatively about the Impact reveal or the Sting debut when the rest of the internet is overwhelmingly positive about it. We've really created our own insulated bubble here.
this forum in general has never believed in tna (myself included) and there's been so much back-and-forth debate for years in these threads about how great sting really was, so it ultimately comes down to "we'll believe it when we see it", however strong aew has been so far

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

explosivo posted:

Imagine the pop when Sting makes an entrance with a full, live crowd again. If his debut on Wednesday was in front of a full crowd I think the building would have imploded.
"The lack of a full crowd to react to Sting's return to TNT" is infinitesimal among all the things COVID-19 has been responsible for, but dang, the surprise of that moment feels like something that can never be recreated. This fancam made my heart swell, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

tao of lmao posted:

it's one of the things i like most about AEW is they let you know what's coming a week in advance and lets you anticipate it.
booking on a whim b/c you're a control freak vs booking actual storylines that require collaboration with your talent