Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is turning into some kind of national wrestling alliance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MJeff posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm slowly coming around on this.

it's actually incredibly fast. unheard of speed

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

if I can be serious for a moment: i thought the match was pretty sloppy and possibly bad given the expectations but i thought the mic shot + v trigger spam into mean kenny winning & the locker room all hating him was sick. i don't give a gently caress about impact but aew has the benefit of the doubt where "wait and see" is a viable option instead of a meme. therefore, 5/5 you have my axe

don't care

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

if I can be serious for a moment: i thought the match was pretty sloppy and possibly bad given the expectations but i thought the mic shot + v trigger spam into mean kenny winning & the locker room all hating him was sick. i don't give a gently caress about impact but aew has the benefit of the doubt where "wait and see" is a viable option instead of a meme. therefore, 5/5 you have my axe

REAL opinion of this post: "This is the way" from the mandalorian show.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sting should have interfered in the main event to help kenny win and then announce that if aew is all about being all in then the joker's wild and the entire tna roster comes to the ring and every single one of them takes turns saying "poo poo" into a microphone

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anthem is buying all elite wrestling

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Impact's Roster for those curious that dont watch.

Ace Austin
Alisha Edwards
Curt Hawkins
Chris Bey
Crazzy Steve
Shawn Daivari
Deonna Purrazzo (Knockout Champion)
Eddie Edwards
Eric Young
Fallah Bahh
Father James Mitchell
Heath Slater
Hernandez
Jessika Havok
Jake Crist
Joe Doering
John E Brave (shot in a who done it angle)
Johnny Swinger
Jordynne Grace
Kaleb with a K
Ken Shamrock
Kiera Hogan
Kimber Lee
Madman Sawyer Fulton
Moose (Fake TNA Champion)
Motor City Machine Guns
Madison Rayne
Nevah
Raj Singh
Reno Scum
Rhino
Rich Swann (Impact World Champion)
Rohit Raju (X Division Champion)
Rosemary
Sami Callihan
Shera
Suicide
Susie/Su Yung
Hornswoggle
The Deaners (Cody Deaner & Cousin Jake)
Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows (Impact Tag Champions)
The North (Ethan Page and Josh Alexander)
TJP
Tommy Dreamer
Taya Valkyrie
Tasha Steelz
Tenille Dashwood
Willie Mach
XXXL (Larry D and Acey Romero)

They're also currently doing a women's tag team tournament for the revived Knockouts Tag Title featuring Allysin Kay and Jazz

who is that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am 26 and loved watching the nWo form when i was a kid. i ordered the no way out ppv just to see it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sting shouldn't wrestle or talk. he should just show up to right wrongs sometimes for the next few years and then have a staredown with the would-be victims of those wrongs and then leave

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sting mainly needs a big evil force to fight against. the first reason for this is that it's the entire crux of the crow sting gimmick which they appear to be doing. even wwe had this initially when he was going against the authority even though they probably just did it accidentally. if team taz is going to be that big evil force i think they should win the tag team titles and the dreamcast title. I typed dreamcast completely through a brain fart but i will be keeping it as that name. I don't know why that happened. it used to be the 'tnt' title.

the next reason for needing a big evil force is that the thing he should do as one of the old wcw men spread all over the company is to recruit his own army of other goths and misunderstood anti-heroes. darby is obvious even if it's not ideal due to his personal life. he can also recruit scorpio sky and teach him the scorpio death lock, which leads sky onto bigger and better things soon afterward.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Better Than You posted:

People calling it Sting's first appearance on TNT in 18 years triggers my inner pedant

it's actually 'pendant'; referring to a small pettifogging thought you carry all the time around your neck.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sending you a pm

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoa haha. calm down tony bischoff hahahaha. but honestly. We won the war.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i suspect aew does not yet have any plans for the big finale at all. The end of all things as it were

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

𝙄𝙩’𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪, recently ♥

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got 135 votes in the poll. seems like a fine amount. lurkers post

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there are only two or three or four dynamites left to determine the dynamite poster of the year. remember to start posting your best or hardest or both during aew dynamite. everyone who has accrued at least one #1 ranking worth of points over the entire year will be represented in the final tally. for example: five #5 rankings, one #4 and one #3 ranking, and so on.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 6, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're saying that I'm shaq but it just ain't so.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can't understand this nutshell

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

impact is a breviceps. the wrestling shows are frog

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope sting doesn't have a horrific injury that affects his quality of life, but i expect that he will if he wrestles more matches. hopefully they bring back the double decker taco

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sting needs money these days, because he divorced in 2010 and put three children through college. tony khan offered him a lot more money for wrestling matches. i don't think you should exploit people that way, and put them at a high risk for severe injury, like that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tony khan said psilanthropy is the future of marketing. and he's going to prove it by breaking sting's faith as well as his body.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my favorite part of taco bell food is the plastic in the meat, or whatever it is. it tastes better than real meat. i wish i could only eat that plastic or glass or whatever it was, and that it provided all the nutrients that i need. But until that day comes i have to eat spicy pickles as well to be healthy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

His name is Shaq as well

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shaq is going to jump onto Sting's neck and back with both feet from the top rope, over and over for as long as it takes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it wasn't a typo. i'm just too smart for this place

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ICR posted:

This is a long post, but I hope you read it. It’s therapeutic for me—I really love the community and I forget that sometimes. I’m a huge social and people person and things just feel good today. I like that feeling. Stay with me if you’re bored and looking for a read. There’s a lot of things I really love in my life and the world and wrestling is one of them. Here we go:

Let me add something as I’ve been getting up to speed with all the great posts here. It’s been awesome to read the past few pages I guess I missed as I cooled off on seeing Jaxson loving Ryker back in a WWE ring last weekend. Happy days happy days happy days, just keep saying that, me! You got this! Woo woo woo! Ok here we go:

I’m so excited to see a tide get turned in WRESTLING right now. I currently don’t see battles between brands as of right now. It just feels different.

I read some of the worst of the worst on the internet boards for wrestling and even lately, it’s been more positive than normal. More eyes have been on it than normal too. People are starting to pay attention to other wrestlers and get invested.

Most importantly in all of this, real, true alternatives exist for people to make a living and have fun making a living off wrestling. I never thought I would say that in 2020, and it’s not entirely true because indies are shut down right now. But wrestlers are really pulling for each other and people are reaching across the aisle to better one another.

It’s not as big of a joke as it has been. Somethings changing in the air as a whole. I attribute that to the executives at the companies who are putting it out there that they want to “save” wrestling and make it a better place than where it was. Stories are being told that are chapters in a book instead of a 16 page children’s book about caterpillars and if they go to heaven. Ok, that’s a stretch, they definitely do and I can prove it but that’s for a different day!

The authenticity of wrestlers finding their role and their niche is really being defined right now. I know there’s technically this artificial war between some brands right now, but that luster is wearing off, especially as we see programs like Dark say, “Come be part of our brand and get your reps in. Get your name out there. See if there’s a spot for you.” Wrestlers are paying attention to the Universe of Wrestling as I’ll call it here to see what’s going on around them. It’s like this whole other world and people are finding their place in it.

I know who guys like VSK and Dani Jordyn and Josh Alexander and Watts and Thunder Rosa and all these other talents that exist, are good at what they do, and they get to exist in a GIANT WORLD as opposed to a little, exclusive playground.

I’m going to look back on 2020 and feel as if wrestling got bigger. Don’t mind the ratings. Don’t mind what you read or see. It really did get bigger. Brands got bigger. Wrestlers got better. Things were discovered.

I said this about a week ago that many days, it’s easy to feel ashamed to be a wrestling fan. I remember when it used to be a shame to be a video game player. “Oh, that person is a nerd!” “Oh, they have no friends!” “What a dumb hobby to have!”

Now, you’re in the minority if you don’t play games. It’s not as weird, if weird at all! Wrestling has more growth ahead of it but this year took leaps and bounds over what it was.

It’s going to get better and better, I can feel it coming. This coming year is going to be a pivotal year for wrestling as a whole. Not sports entertainment. Not sports. Not entertainment. But wrestling, as a whole. We’re going to define it by the wrestlers themselves and not the brand they’re part of or this and that. It’s going to grow and so will the talent that are part of it because they are invested more and being invested in more.

Let’s just say with a fun little quote that many of us know: “We are just...getting...started!”

i read it. what now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ICR posted:

When things were at their very worst:
2 Suns, Cross in the sky, 2 comets will collide = don`t be afraid – repent, accept Lord`s Hand of Mercy.
The first sign - the Earth will spin faster.
The second sign concerns the sun, which will loom larger, brighter and begin to spin.
Scientists will say it was a global illusion.
Beaware – Jesus will never walk in flesh again.
After WW3 – rise of the “ man of peace“ from the East = Antichrist – the most powerful, popular, charismatic and influential leader of all time. Many miracles will be attributed to him. He will imitate Jesus in every conceivable way.
Don`t trust „pope“ Francis = the False Prophet
- will seem to rise from the dead
- will unite all Christian Churches and all Religions as one.
One World Religion = the seat of the Antichrist.
Benedict XVI is the last true pope – will be accused of a crime of which he is totally innocent.

- banking collapse was deliberately masterminded by the Antichrist

- Antichrist will step in and create a false peace in the state of Israel by joining them with palestine in an unlikely alliance.

- „He will recite extracts from My Teachings, which he will passionately proclaim from every secular stage in the world, until people sit up and take notice of him.“

NOT an empty quote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stavros