Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Three matches I want to see:

Wardlow vs. Jordynne Grace
Sammy Guevara vs. Chris Bey
Hangman Page vs. Josh Alexander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Give me Willie Mack vs. Luchasaurus with big dudes doing wild Flippy poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m curious as to who someone could be reasonably afraid of if not Abadon

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There’s nothing that beats seeing a great movie in a theater but I’ve grown to hate the experience more and more over time as Americans have become bigger ignorant shitheads.

It’s very rare now that my wife and I can go see a movie without teenagers who won’t shut the gently caress up or stop checking their phones in there. Or families bringing kids they can’t control.

And 90% of the workers are high school kids so even if you complain, nothing happens. None of the employees get paid enough to deal with assholes so I don’t really blame them in that sense.

If we go at all anymore, it’s usually on a Sunday morning, which is generally not bad.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

The "no more fiefdoms " edict instituted after the AT&T buyout likely means BR Live isn't long for this world either, and HBO Max will just have a sports section.

Netflix is doing what it looked like WWE was doing initially with the network, where they'll have a live channel that airs whatever they feel like showing just like a cable channel. I've been saying for years that there's something to this for the same reason people used to watch movies on TV even if they owned the same flick on video: knowing other people are watching at the same time as you is psychologically important for some reason.

If Netflix's works out, I imagine the other streamers will follow suit, so my out-there prediction is that if Cable actually sunsets, HBO Max picks up Warner's sports stuff and airs it on a live feed as well as on-demand.

And then someday, some genius is going to figure out, "hey, what if we bundle all these VOD services into a bundle" and then we'll just have cable again.

I think it’s less the “other people are watching it” thing and more that people are just inherently lazy and having something that takes the decision making process of what to watch away is a stress relief.

I have Peacock and I don’t think I’ve watched anything on demand on there but I watch the gently caress out of the 24/7 stream of This Old House.

There’s also probably some kind of stat somewhere showing having a dedicated live stream makes people less likely to switch over to a different service to watch something else and thus increases the time users are spending on your platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Has BR Live fixed the thing where if you order an AEW PPV and pause it, and the show ends while you're on delay, the show just cuts off and you have to wait until the replay gets added to watch the end of it?

No. BR Live is loving terrible and they don’t invest any time or effort into it. It’s just a way to leverage existing contracts for more money.

Its entirely designed for people to watch live and the archival aspects of it are complete and total dogshit