Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

if this is what it takes to save american wrestling, maybe american wrestling isn't worth saving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Just find it super funny that in 2020 Impact not only got it's logo featured on New Japan World but is also involved in an angle with AEW's world champion. Don Callis can not be stopped

sanshiro takagi and don callis are somehow the two smartest promoters in 2020

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

karmicknight posted:

Oh, so this is why ItohRespectArmy thinks the end game is AEW owning TNA.

Alright, I guess i can see it from that angle.

this is an insanely big if but IF this is AEW buying out TNA to run as a developmental brand it's actually pretty genius, you already have a small fanbase in place and a middling mens roster and an incredible womens roster, almost everyone on the AEW roster has some kind of history with TNA and they can use that to run storylines, they can acknowledge peoples TNA title reigns and more importantly IMPACT would not feel like a B show, it would be a separate thing.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

jesus WEP posted:

agreed in the sense that more people watch Dark than IMPACT

true but AEW could probably get them on a real tv network again

smarxist posted:

kinda like jumpstarting a brand split because you want to run two shows with your giant roster and have separate discrete places to run certain storylines

im pretty sure vinces plan in 2001 was to run WCW as its own show but he ended up scrapping it for smackdown.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

kenny has convinced me to watch impact, god loving damnit.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Pylons posted:

Is Sami Callihan still at Impact?

he's currently controlling ken shamrock via a phone

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

hunnert car pileup posted:

wait Doering is in TNA now?

he debuted last week I think

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

dsriggs posted:

loving TNA? THAT’S where we’re at here?

can't escape from crossing fate.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Gonz posted:

Sting is 61.

He will be 62 in March.

billy gunn is 57.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1334417927345491968 sting in chaos project would own.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Pylons posted:

The match kicked into the gear I expected it to after the chair sit-down spot, so they definitely have it in them. It felt like they were purposely holding back like Hangman and Kenny did at Full Gear.

felt like they were wrestling around the commercials alot too.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/CasterShow/status/1334380512807358464

i appreciate max's commitment to the worldstar gimmick by actually filming a shakycam video on his phone.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Seams posted:

Why do we get mad at promoters for misusing wrestlers but we never question if the wrestler has bad vibes? Or if they're just unpleasant to be around?

always side with labour

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Astro7x posted:

When does this ever happen in wrestling? People always get these weird ideas, like Undertaker should pass on his spiritual powers to Bray. In reality, we get Ric Flair giving Miz the Figure Four.

taichi got the claw.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

NienNunb posted:

One time on TNA Alex Shelley was stalking Sting and his family and when they were crossing the street he called them "John Paul George and Stingo"

there was also the time kurt angle went to sting's son's football game to cheer for him and act like he was his new dad, honestly TNA was stuffed with psychotic angles.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Mr. Squishy posted:

Cementing Taz's position as the most fragile manager.

it should be very telling that taz's neck was so hosed up he was the only ECW guy to actually completely retire and never unretire.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

TV Zombie posted:

Except for Brock beating Kofi, this all sounds made up.

the big payoff to all this was corbin hitting becky lynch with his dumbass move and the commentators doing the owen voice.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

Trey was being a huge piece of poo poo recently on twitter so uh dont suddenly make this an "anti-wwe" thing

when has that ever stopped WWE signing someone

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

ah i guess because his giant rant were in arguments with known piece of poo poo David Starr where he's used multiple homophobic, ablest, and anti-semitic comments and instead is going AEW he's good and its fine!

weird how you didnt qoute any posts saying this, almost like you're trying to argue with a strawman you have constructed where we are all going :sickos: at the idea of AEW signing as many lovely people as possible.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

the matt hardy/private party BTE segment is some uncanny poo poo, truly diabolical from matt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Pylons posted:

I'm betting on him showing up in a helicopter. Maybe the announcement is that he's going to DDT to face Endo?

i think kenny omega dropping the AEW, IMPACT and AAA titles to endo would own, imo.