Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Football Outsiders has Pittsburgh finishing the season 16-0 in only 15.7% of simulations (that was before today's win). Yet, the odds of them winning each individual game on their schedule are pretty good.

Week 13 vs. Washington: 84%

Week 14 at Buffalo: 59%

Week 15 at Cincinnati: 88%

Week 16 vs. Indianapolis: 66%

Week 17 at Cleveland: 71%

The site rated all 14 teams that have been 10-0 since 1985 and had the Steelers 10th.

Do you believe? Will Pittsburgh achieve a perfect season? If so, will you consider it as great or even greater than the Miami Dolphins' 14-0 season in '72?

I have the Steelers losing to Buffalo 21-17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

D-LINK posted:

I'd rather they didn't, OP. The Killer Bees era soured me on chasing stats/records. The only thing that matters is a championship, and I feel like a perfect regular season us a bad augury for winning it all

loving 2020 owes us something special (although it would be 2021 by the time 19-0 would be fully accomplished).

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Better Than You posted:

If the Steelers finish the regular season undefeated and end up winning the Super Bowl I hope their hats say "COVID 19-0"

Beautiful!

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Better Than You posted:

Wish I could take credit for it. It was borrowed from a thread title in the offseason.

Oh, I see. I guess that makes you a Steeler of a different kind.