Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mustached Demon posted:

Would drone strike be a charged move or fast?

Depends on the payload

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mustached Demon posted:

Drone Strike is the fast move, which ideally charges into Nobel Peace Prize.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

aniviron posted:

Drone Strike is the fast move, which ideally charges into Nobel Peace Prize.

:farf:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Holy smokes this team is good

The Mandibuzz with the Snarl/FP/SB safe switch tanks all the hits, haven't had this much fun with GBL in months.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My kingdom for a Froakie

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I finally saw a Froakie on radar last night. It fled as soon as I got to the Pokestop. :argh:

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Mandibuzz is a beast. Added to my team and went 10 for 10 so far with Altaria only switching in my third once.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Will I be able to get rid of frustration this month?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Finally got this one this morning after stopping by the ocean on my way to work, thank god I live on the coast

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Seems insane they wouldn’t run a Rocket event before Community Day.

But it also seemed insane they’d cut most of the desirable moves from Community Day too.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
40k dust to go. Goddamn now I know why I never went anywhere with World of Warcraft, the grind is real.

No Shellder anywhere too. In other news, I did finally find that drat frog! A male and female, dex ready.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Fool that I am, I was optimistic about the Froakie spawn after getting to that part of the task the first day- the first mon of the new gen that spawned near me was a Froakie. These will be easy, I thought. Nope, that has still been the only one I've seen, can't get one now that I need it. They don't even show on the 'nearby' section because I have one, and things you don't have are what gets prioritized in that list.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

:eyepop:

Unrelated: if you only had one elite charged tm, what would you use it for?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sweet, got my Froakie! Done with the Kalos tasks.

Karma Comedian posted:

For non-trainer battles, my personal pick would be Shadow Ball on Mewtwo. If you didn't get it, Psystrike is also a very solid pick. Mewtwo does some real fuckin' work with good legacy moves.

e: Ice Beam is great too but is non-legacy

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 6, 2020

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Karma Comedian posted:

I used one to put fire punch on a shiny groudon. Mewtwo another good one.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Elephanthead posted:

Will I be able to get rid of frustration this month?

I fuckin hope so

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I thought I read somewhere that the giovanni/ team rocket quests were updated monthly. I just finished it for the first time in november and didn’t get any new quest for December.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

meanolmrcloud posted:

I thought I read somewhere that the giovanni/ team rocket quests were updated monthly. I just finished it for the first time in november and didn’t get any new quest for December.

Before the pandemic, it was monthly. I haven’t beaten Giovanni yet so I could farm Belsprouts.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Dr Tran posted:

Before the pandemic, it was monthly. I haven’t beaten Giovanni yet so I could farm Belsprouts.

Shadow Victrebell is excellent in great league. Mine does some very good work from the back benches.

Surprisingly I haven't seen any swamperts this season. Are they still around?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

DizzyBum posted:

Sweet, got my Froakie! Done with the Kalos tasks.

For non-trainer battles, my personal pick would be Ice Beam or Shadow Ball on Mewtwo. If you didn't get it, Psystrike is also a very solid pick. Mewtwo does some real fuckin' work with good legacy moves.

Ice Beam is in the normal move pool for Mewtwo.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Cjaykay- I'll hold fire on opening the present you sent so you can trigger the best friends bonus whenever you want.

I probably should also apologise to everyone I have hosed this up for in the past, most of the time I don't pay attention when opening gifts.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I could see them having a surprise rocket attack take over a weekend event this month or next. Who knows though niantic and all.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Lobsterpillar posted:

Surprisingly I haven't seen any swamperts this season. Are they still around?

I see them from time to time, but probably the abomasbow and the aforementioned ShVictrebell scared 90% of the player base away from rolling one for GL, it's hella risky.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jono C posted:

Cjaykay- I'll hold fire on opening the present you sent so you can trigger the best friends bonus whenever you want.

I probably should also apologise to everyone I have hosed this up for in the past, most of the time I don't pay attention when opening gifts.

That's my wife, I'll let her know- thanks !

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Mustached Demon posted:

I could see them having a surprise rocket attack take over a weekend event this month or next. Who knows though niantic and all.

Considering we’re less than a week from Community Day they’re kinda out of time. It needed to be this weekend or some sort of weird mid week Rocket event.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
This weekend would have been perfect for some Rocket stuff.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Went into this weekend expecting to evolve all of the following for Community Day.

GL: Blastoise, Meganium, Metagross, Typhlosion, Tyranitar Shadow, Umbreon, Venusaur, Venusaur Shadow, Swampert Shadow, Torterra Shadow

UL: Meganium, Metagross, Typhlosion, Umbreon, Venusaur, Venusaur Shadow, Swampert Shadow, Torterra Shadow

ML: Blastoise, Blastoise Shadow, Metagross, Typhlosion, Tyranitar, Tyranitar Shadow

Plus everything on the second list. Instead I’m getting...

GL: Empoleon, Swampert, Torterra

UL: Empoleon, Rhyperior, Swampert, Torterra

ML: Empoleon, Gyarados

:toot:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's that Jesse and James event coming up so that would be a logical time for it. Or maybe a Team Rocket Steals Christmas thing.

Is there a point to Mega Charizard Y? I did an M. Abomasnow raid today and used my X. I had the option to do the Y instead but it would be an extra 140 mega candy and 1500 lower CP. Is there some hidden stat boost or they just have 2 options with worse stats

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Retro Futurist posted:

There's that Jesse and James event coming up so that would be a logical time for it. Or maybe a Team Rocket Steals Christmas thing.

Except that’d be either two weeks too late or eleven and a half months too early for December Community Day. :suicide:

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
I mean, there's still the hope we get what happened during the GO Fest, where Team Rocket invaded.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Retro Futurist posted:

Is there a point to Mega Charizard Y? I did an M. Abomasnow raid today and used my X. I had the option to do the Y instead but it would be an extra 140 mega candy and 1500 lower CP. Is there some hidden stat boost or they just have 2 options with worse stats

Your Mega Charizard Y should have much higher CP than your Mega Charizard X. Charizard Y is for extra candy from flying raids while Charizard X is for more candy from dragon raids. I have a maxed out hundo (and a ton of energy) and I mega them depending on what raids I plan on doing.

"Mega Charizard X changes its typing from fire and flying to the often discussed fire and dragon. It has a CP ceiling of 3850, an attack stat of 273, defense of 213, and stamina of 186. In large groups, it has the capability to boost its teammates' fire and dragon-type moves.

Mega Charizard Y keeps the fire and flying dual-typing of its original form. It has a CP ceiling of 4455, an attack stat of 319, defense of 212, and stamina of 186. Trainers report that this form is the second-strongest of all the fire-type DPS options."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ah ok the type changes, that makes sense. Definitely had a 1500 difference in favour of X though, 3900 for X and 2400 for Y. Mine is pretty under leveled because I use it more for great league, if that matters

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Retro Futurist posted:

Ah ok the type changes, that makes sense. Definitely had a 1500 difference in favour of X though, 3900 for X and 2400 for Y. Mine is pretty under leveled because I use it more for great league, if that matters

It shouldn't, it should be at about 4400 with your Charizard Y. Must be a fun glitch.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

A Froakie showed up on our front lawn! I already got one, but drat, talk about luck. My wife was able to get her task done, at least.

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Ice Beam is in the normal move pool for Mewtwo.

Oops, you're right. Thought the elemental attacks were legacy. Just Shadow Ball and Psystrike, then.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 7, 2020

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I have been using my Greninja in GBL tonight and the thing is death incarnate, I have swept entire team lines using Naruto frog. It doesn't even need a CD move, at this point giving it something like Hydro Cannon would make the thing way too overpowered.

God bless the Kalos starters, every one is a complete banger in Great League.

White Light fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 7, 2020

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Parrotine posted:

I have been using my Greninja in GBL tonight and the thing is death incarnate, I have swept entire team lines using Naruto frog. It doesn't even need a CD move, at this point giving it something like Hydro Cannon would make the thing way too overpowered.

God bless the Kalos starters, every one is a complete banger in Great League.

How'd you get greninja when the frog it evolves from isn't even in game?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did you just have a couple hundred rare candies sitting around?

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

In this current event the CP of Mega Charizard X is boosted. No matter what the initial level of your Charizard is, after mega evo, its CP will be equivalent of a level 40.

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

It shouldn't, it should be at about 4400 with your Charizard Y. Must be a fun glitch.

It's a feature, not a bug ;)

systemchronos fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 7, 2020

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

Did you just have a couple hundred rare candies sitting around?

No I just walked my frog for the candies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

My Whiscash, Wigglytuff, Magmar team has been putting in some work in GL. Whiscash baits out a grass type and Magmar cleans it up. Wigglytuff for whatever surprises I run into.

But I have a pretty large hole in my water coverage. Any recommendations for tweaks?

Eta: also the spreadsheet is coming out all garbled on my offbrand Android phone so my trainer code is 2922 2571 3725 if any of you fine goons would like to add a new friend

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 7, 2020