Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
ingress is a slightly different problem because there's literally nothing you can do in that game without changing control of spots so I could see why they thought that game needed something bigger

but yeah being able to park on a spot a bit out of reach would be pretty appreciated (and it's actually a suggestion I haven't seen before, which is nice)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The group I'm in here we either remote raid or just never get out of the vehicles, but we have plenty of space to park where the gyms are and can space out vehicles too.

It's not as much fun, but whatever, it's hilarious when you can hear excited screams from 6 parking spots away because someone got a shiny from a raid lol. This is with the vehicles all running and the windows up.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Anyone who bought the Kanto Event ticket:

Did you get a separate ticket for January community day, or is it just activated in the background and will happen tomorrow on it's own?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Beachcomber posted:

Anyone who bought the Kanto Event ticket:

Did you get a separate ticket for January community day, or is it just activated in the background and will happen tomorrow on it's own?

It should auto activate

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/LeekDuck/status/1350264654023557128

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i went ham this community day, running incense, gotcha, excellent pinap quick catches etc. i think i mustve caught over 1000-something machops which i then ground up and now have about 330 in candy xl. honestly i overestimated how much candy xl i thought i was going to get cause i was planning on maxing out my best buddy machamp and an extra hundo i caught from a gbl encounter but it seems ive only enough to max out one and a bit

also 36 shinies but what the heck do you do with that many greenchamps

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Smiles posted:

i went ham this community day, running incense, gotcha, excellent pinap quick catches etc. i think i mustve caught over 1000-something machops which i then ground up and now have about 330 in candy xl. honestly i overestimated how much candy xl i thought i was going to get cause i was planning on maxing out my best buddy machamp and an extra hundo i caught from a gbl encounter but it seems ive only enough to max out one and a bit

also 36 shinies but what the heck do you do with that many greenchamps

Lucky trades and sending some to Sword/Shield via Home. That's how I've been justifying keeping all my excess CD shinies even though I've been reluctant to actually do it and, as a result, it's hell on my storage capacity.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
farming stardust with star chucks is the only reason for this even? Is there a special move?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Elephanthead posted:

farming stardust with star chucks is the only reason for this even? Is there a special move?

Payback. A dark type move

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Elephanthead posted:

Machops one of the easier pokemon to doink with excellent throws. That's some fat xp for sitting on the couch all day.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Is payback good for Machamp? If so what pvp leagues?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

tildes posted:

Is payback good for Machamp? If so what pvp leagues?
See bottom portion:

Premier leagues, it seems.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Thanks -that’s perfect. I guess I’ll just get one for great since I’ve got so many anyways and maybe two for the premier leagues

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Caught a ton of Machamps and almost was fully leveled up for Master Premier, XL candy and all.

And 19 shinies.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Tremors posted:

I'd happily pay a subscription if it was an alternate avenue for the pvp locked pokemon.

They all eventually come out for everybody else so I never worry about them anymore.

I think this was a sticking point for one of the most knowledgeable players in my area and why he's retired from playing. He hated being strung along by Niantic for "exclusive" things but then they roll them out later anyway. It's not that he's gatekeep-y and doesn't want others to get anything, but the fact that he just became increasingly apathetic at any event because they're marketed as exclusive when they're really not, so there's no point to rush out to get anything.

COVID was also bad timing and a convenient killer for interest in the game if it was already dying. I also don't understand why Niantic took away Lugia with Aeroblast that was set to come out, pulled because of quarantine, but kept releasing new 5* raids anyway? It also kills interest in current raids for me when they recycle legendaries without signature moves because I know they plan to put them out in the future.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
The answer is to realize that all of that stuff is nonsense and just focus on PvP, the only fun part of the game. What else are you gonna do, travel to Siberia to catch 'em all? Pachirisu is a lot harder than PvP locked, which you can just trade for with a GBL nolifer anyway.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

I think the event collection challenges are the way to go for a subscription. The collection part is the fun part of the game for me. If I could get a weekly or monthly collection goal with premium tier rewards (rare candy, incubators, raid passes), I'd definitely kick in $5-10/month. Alternatively, make the collection aspect free, but give beefed up rewards and a pack of remote raid passes and incubators for the subscription.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

LumpyGumby posted:

Caught a ton of Machamps and almost was fully leveled up for Master Premier, XL candy and all.

And 19 shinies.

Caught over 200 machops and not a single perfect

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
A question for mastershakeman or anyone else who has spoofed: what's your cooldown time in between teleporting? I just started with my alt and I really don't care if it gets banned eventually, but I'd like to be as safe as possible.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

angrygodofjebus posted:

A question for mastershakeman or anyone else who has spoofed: what's your cooldown time in between teleporting? I just started with my alt and I really don't care if it gets banned eventually, but I'd like to be as safe as possible.

When I used to, I would only do it at intervals that could realistically happen in the timeframe for the distance traveled between logins. So if I did USA->JPN I'd wait 14ish hours.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
any good guides available on spoofing and the safest methods? I’m on ios

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Cry Havoc posted:

lol

Can't be done safely at all on iOS.

Even then use a burner account.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cry Havoc posted:

3rd party apps are completely unsafe and will get the account flagged at some point so use burner accounts. Potential 3rd party apps are Ipogo and SpooferX. Both also provide excellent installation advice in their discord.
Itools is apparently safe, if you close between jumps and remember the cooldown and requires a computer. But it costs a onetime money insertion. Also, safe is a relative term. I don't believe you're ever completely safe cheating.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The amount of work you'd need to put in past what's already mentioned to be "much safer" is hilariously not worth the effort imo.

It's a fun gimmick for a little bit, for sure, just not for any appreciable amount of time.

Phone sex swings are still awesome though

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

angrygodofjebus posted:

After a certain distance the cooldown maxes out at 2 hours. I know this from actual travel not spoofing though.

https://pokexperience.com/cooldown.html is the chart I used as reference.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
Thank you all for the info! Just trying to get some regionals brought back over here, so far so good.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Just offering some insight here - Niantic has been teasing at a possible subscription model for Ingress as well. It's been floating around for months if not years, but nothing has come of that aside from a survey they ran where they asked what players felt would be a fair price for certain features they offered. I wouldn't start saying the sky is falling unless a subscription model rolled out and the F2P side of the game as we know it today suddenly degraded in quality.

Anyway, Hoenn event is out now. No shadow Pokemon needed for the collection challenge this week. :wooper:

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Anyway, Hoenn event is out now. No shadow Pokemon needed for the collection challenge this week. :wooper:

In exchange you have to do field research to get Minun and Plusle. I'd have preferred shadow pokemon again than requiring us to go get research.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Unclouded posted:

In exchange you have to do field research to get Minun and Plusle. I'd have preferred shadow pokemon again than requiring us to go get research.

Oh, they're research-only? Okay, well, one step forward and two steps back, Niantic.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Karma Comedian posted:

Caught over 200 machops and not a single perfect

The odds of a perfect are like 1 in 4,000 iirc unfortunately.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Well, luckily the Plusle/Minun tasks don't seem to be too uncommon, and they're very easy to complete (catch 11 Pokemon) so I think I prefer that to having to hunt down the right Rocket Grunt or hoping the balloon brings you the right one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
At this point i've fallen off enough that i'm not doing dailies anymore. The only thing that gets me to peek at the game is that i got 1 psychic catch left on this victini quest

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

tildes posted:

I got 2 of them from incense, and there was no weather boost :v:
That was extremely lucky though.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I am extremely annoyed that I started playing too late to get Victini, which is probably my favorite legendary ::/

tildes posted:

should be 1 in 3375 for a random catch but only like 1 in 125 for research?

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

The Golux posted:

I am extremely annoyed that I started playing too late to get Victini, which is probably my favorite legendary ::/

1 in 4096 for random and 1 in 216 for research/egg/raid.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Oh, I forgot to include 0 and 10, didn't I? I did 1-15 and 11-15 instead of 0-15 and 10-15?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The Golux posted:

You should still be able to get Victini though? If you're a new player the research quest chain for it won't show up until you clear some of the earlier ones first.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Parrotine posted:

You should still be able to get Victini though? If you're a new player the research quest chain for it won't show up until you clear some of the earlier ones first.

Oh? The only special research I currently have active is the A Mythical Discovery one for Mew, and I'm currently stuck on getting a Ditto for that (and it looks like then I will have to evolve a Magikarp, which I have already done but doing a new one will be a pain...)

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The Golux posted:

Oh? The only special research I currently have active is the A Mythical Discovery one for Mew, and I'm currently stuck on getting a Ditto for that (and it looks like then I will have to evolve a Magikarp, which I have already done but doing a new one will be a pain...)

Yes! Some of the research quest won't appear until completing the others. Mew might have been the first(?) one, I think Victini is, like, tenth down the line or something nutty.

Keep at it, he'll pop up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Did they make any adjustments to the Bagon spawn rates for this? Never seen one on the radar and it's even a windy day today.

I've also only got a limited number of stops nearby while I'm locked down at home, so hoping for the right field task has been sucky. At least balloons come to me, and there's more of them than pokestops, and there's less rocket grunt types than there are field tasks, so the odds are better.