Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, at least I can finally evolve this shiny mudkip. I also don't have a shiny piplup so maybe I'll get lucky and catch one of those I won't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They still haven't said anything about getting rid of frustration, have they?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My kingdom for a Froakie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Finally got this one this morning after stopping by the ocean on my way to work, thank god I live on the coast

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's that Jesse and James event coming up so that would be a logical time for it. Or maybe a Team Rocket Steals Christmas thing.

Is there a point to Mega Charizard Y? I did an M. Abomasnow raid today and used my X. I had the option to do the Y instead but it would be an extra 140 mega candy and 1500 lower CP. Is there some hidden stat boost or they just have 2 options with worse stats

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ah ok the type changes, that makes sense. Definitely had a 1500 difference in favour of X though, 3900 for X and 2400 for Y. Mine is pretty under leveled because I use it more for great league, if that matters

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did you just have a couple hundred rare candies sitting around?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to need to see the shiny rates first. I'm not paying $16 (Canadian) for one or two shinies.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have 3 froakie now, all with terrible stats. I don't suppose this is one of those ones where having low stats actually helps me somehow?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BGrifter posted:

According to random posters on one of the subreddits pricing outside of North America is all over the map. In Brazil the ticket costs roughly 7% of the average monthly wage. In India it’s closer to 10%. Apparently it’s like if the ticket cost $105 USD or $135 CAD.

Seems... not good.

Edit: Ahahaha they scheduled February Community Day for... Super Bowl Sunday. This loving company.

Good, all the jocks will be inside so it's safe to roam the streets :goonsay:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BGrifter posted:

The uncertainty is ridiculously out of hand. I can’t imagine anyone spending an ETM right now with the possibility of the move you want coming back at any moment.

RIP anyone who spent ETMs on Venusaurs after the announcement they’re kicked out of December Community Day. Although I guess that could work out if it lets you skip the paid ticket for the Cash Grab Event in February.

Not to defend Niantic but they were pretty clear that they were going to put the moves back in in some way next year.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone explain the best buddy system to me. I have a shadow mewtwo I’m looking to use as my buddy but it’s at 2485cp and I don’t want to screw myself over with the boost

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Are you going to use him for ultra league? if not, no worries, best buddy (when he is your buddy again) will push him out of 2500.

That’s my concern, is it worth pushing it out of that bracket?

V-ok sweet

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 11, 2020

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Regirock will be appearing in raids from Saturday, December 12, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 13, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
Registeel will be appearing in raids from Saturday, December 19, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
Regice will be appearing in raids from Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 27, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.

Sweet I’m still missing Ice

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

NZAmoeba posted:

Bug beats both because bugs don't even have minds

I figured it was psychics getting creeped out by bugs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PathAsc posted:

Yeah, but I haven't had a chance to do the good raids in a couple weeks so walking was my best option recently. This weekend I think we have enough people to do a raid train and I'll be set if the rng loves me enough

PvP is far and away the best way to farm rare candies

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did they start it early this time? Looks like community day is live but I don't want to evolve my swampert too soon here.

Also am I reading that Galarian Mr.Mime thing right in that you have to buy a ticket to get him?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Good, I can finally evolve the shiny Swampert I caught back in July. He's 0 stars and 836 CP but he knows Hydro Cannon damnit

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Any get anything good? Seems like a pretty lacklustre day.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've had a bunch of regular balloons but no J&J ones. They remember to put them in right?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Louisgod posted:

Are the J&J balloons needed for something? I saw one yesterday but wasn't sure if they were quest mandatory or not.

You have to beat a couple for part 3

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Probably would have been a good idea to increase the spawns a bit. Looks like they'll only be around 2 more days and then I guess I'm sitting on this research until the summer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Darth TNT posted:

They may change the quests later. They've done that before.

That's true, guess I won't panic yet then

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Niantic heard me complain and now I'm just not spawning any balloons at all

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ultra is definitely my worst, I just don’t have a good third. I open with Obstagoon since he’s a good tank and eats shields for breakfast, then I have my shadow mewtwo who is an absolute glass cannon, but nobody great for third. I’ve been using a purified Entei to moderate success but he takes forever to charge

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've gone with my hydro pump Blastoise and am doing better, thanks for the tips all.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I bought the Mr.Mime ticket because I'm a broken shell of a human being.

X13Fen posted:

Did they get rid of the pokeball rocking animation during a catch? Or is it just me?

New loading screen art is cool though

Happens from time to time, probably more of a lag issue than anything

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've got a couple perfectly good Champs and a great Shadow one, but it's one of the shinies I've been hunting so that'll scratch that itch

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Have they ever given any reason why they don't let hat pokemon evolve? Or are they lazy about that too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PathAsc posted:

I've never seen a reason mentioned, but my guess is lazy/to sell bag upgrades to the living dex crowd.

Probably both

That's just it, I'm a living Dex guy and evolution would mean I'd have twice as many. It's the opposite of making them money

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh good, I got a shiny Cubchoo. Which is 1 star and can't be evolved because it has a ribbon on it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Can someone post a discord link, or just add me and invite me to a regice raid 3058 7265 5460
Only Regi I don't have yet

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's expired. I did find a raid immediately after posting that of course but I should probably still be in the discord if anyone can get me a new invite

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh poo poo!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Darth TNT posted:

New Unova Pokemon locked behind pay wall! Boo!

What's this in reference to? I can't find anything about it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've seen a bunch today, they're spawning at a pretty good rate. Maybe I just got lucky but I got most of them in my commute this morning, just need Ferroseed and Oshawat

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lo-loving-l at that catch list. Specific shadows and a couple pretty rare ones

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Froist posted:

To be fair I caught all but the shadow Snover yesterday without leaving my house, without using incense or lures (not near a stop). It's down to luck with getting the right balloons but the "rare" spawns are semi-boosted for the event.

Yeah actually I already caught everything except the shadows, so maybe I complained too soon here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I, for one, plan to absolutely lose my poo poo about this leaked subscription mode that we know literally nothing about and may not even happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The gym closest to me is kind of off the beaten path so when I take it I'll hold it for a week or two. That's usually where I stuff my crappy shinies/regionals

Anyone know if the rocket event next week will be one where we can get rid of frustration? I'm guessing not but I just got a shadow magikarp and it'd be nice to wreck poo poo with a shadow gyrados

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 30, 2021