Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
From my local discord:

quote:

Tips for anyone trying to meet the level 43 requirements. Meltan count as legendaries for the catch 5 legendaries requirement. Transfer a Pokemon to Pokemon Home to get a Meltan box. Also a Poliwrath with Mud Shot and PowerUp Punch against Blanche's Great League team can get 14 Super effective moves per set if you don't do any of the bubbles on the charge moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
40k dust to go. Goddamn now I know why I never went anywhere with World of Warcraft, the grind is real.

No Shellder anywhere too. In other news, I did finally find that drat frog! A male and female, dex ready.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Parrotine posted:

I have been using my Greninja in GBL tonight and the thing is death incarnate, I have swept entire team lines using Naruto frog. It doesn't even need a CD move, at this point giving it something like Hydro Cannon would make the thing way too overpowered.

God bless the Kalos starters, every one is a complete banger in Great League.

What moves you got on scarffrog? I actually found a pretty decent froakie even if the CP is only like 17.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Game up, game down, game up, game frozen. Someone at Niantic fell asleep.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
for those at lvl 43:

Page One of Four

Power up Pokémon 43 Times: 4300 Stardust
Catch 430 Pokémon: 3 Incense
Hatch 14 Eggs: 4300 XP
REWARD: 4300 Stardust, Pawniard encounter, 4300 XP
Page Two of Four

Battle 43 Team GO Rocket Grunts: 43oo Stardust
Win 14 Raids: 3 Rare Candy
Use 43 Golden Razz Berries to Catch Pokémon: 4300 XP
REWARD: 4300 Stardust, 1 Premium Raid pass, 4300 XP
Page Three of Four

Make 43 Great Curveball Throws: 4300 Stardust
Evolve 43 Pokémon: 3 Poffin
Transfer 430 Pokémon: 4300 XP
REWARD: 4300 Stardust, 3 Super Incubator, 4300 XP
Page Four of Four

AUTO-CLAIM: 4300 Stardust
AUTO-CLAIM: Shedinja encounter
AUTO-CLAIM: 43000 XP
REWARD: 4300 Stardust, Tirtouga encounter, 3 Rare Candy XL

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Shiny wooper reports.

For shadow mewtwo, I would TM away frustration on both, but keep them as shadow

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Someone explain the best buddy system to me. I have a shadow mewtwo I’m looking to use as my buddy but it’s at 2485cp and I don’t want to screw myself over with the boost

Are you going to use him for ultra league? if not, no worries, best buddy (when he is your buddy again) will push him out of 2500.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Regirock will be appearing in raids from Saturday, December 12, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 13, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
Registeel will be appearing in raids from Saturday, December 19, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
Regice will be appearing in raids from Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 27, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.

Sweet I’m still missing Ice

Steel has the best shiny.

I was hoping for tons of rocket balloons. Alas. Even the stops aren't going more than usual.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So many cups. What is the holiday one?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Have yet to see a single J&J balloon. But the quest text is cute.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

slave to my cravings posted:

Vanillite is easily the most frustrating thing to catch in a long time

I thought it was just me!

15 gold berries and yellow ball great curves and it runs, and I actually want to throw my phone over some pixelated ice cream.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://discord.gg/cRZJCAhV

here we go!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Battle 45 times in the battle league.

Welp someone in masters is getting a ton of easy matches when I throw in my 10cp magikarp.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The good part is with the Eevee poo poo, you can pre-walk your Umbreon and Espeon and then just make them your buddies to evolve when you get that task.

The supereffective attacks count in battle league or training: I used a Poliwrath against Blanche with Mud Shot and Superpower, and not swiping the charge bubbles meant I knocked out about 10 charge attacks per fight.

I don't think you have to win in the battle league, just battle. I did a 10cp trio and lost all my matches.

Save as many shadow Zubats as you can, they cost the least to purify.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Why isn't there a way to search by XL candy yet? I have 116 Spheal XL candy, 54 Meltan, etc.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else dealt with trades, and people that just want to look at your phone and all the Pokemon you have? I probably posted about this before, but I've had several lucky trades with the dude who picks out Pokemon and we decide ahead of time, usually shenny legendaries, but when we meet he's already got the one we agreed on. This isn't bother me because hey sometimes you get lucky with trades or catches, what bothers me is that I save the Pokemon for him, and then when we meet up he always just wants to look at my phone and see what he can get. I finally snapped this morning when we agreed on a lucky trade, and he said all he wanted to do was look through my phone and see what I have. I told him even without covid I would not give him my phone, and he started pressing me to just make a video of all 400 shinies I've got. Has anyone else dealt with this kind of thing before?

Edit: I've told him to just make me a list of the Pokemon he wants, his reply is always at he never keeps a list, it's all spur of the moment decisions for him. That doesn't work for me when we've already picked out the ones we want so we can do the trade from the safety of our cars. last time you noticed I was getting a little impatient because he couldn't decide between three Pokemon for Lucky trade we had already decided.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dr Tran posted:

I think level 49 or 50 requires lucky trades. You’ll be there by the time he makes up his mind.

Hah, to get to lvl 47 I need 18 million XP. He still won't have, he says he's someone who never decides ahead of time. I told him we trade once he has, I'm not standing in a parking lot or sitting in a car near his while he demands to see my phone, again, to choose. Pick, decide, this ain't loving Burger King.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Meh to shiny Buizel. At least shiny Snivy looks cool.

And keeps eluding me.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Such a dull week. Genesect should be shiny and Snivy should have a boosted shiny rate.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
super excited to get an iced team rocket balloon this morning, only realizd after I battled everything and almost lost to the Lapras that the first one was a cloyster not a snover. Ffffuck.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I mean people pay to play WoW and have for years?

I want some better monthly tasks. These ones all suck!

from dataminers:

quote:

from dataminers:
-Evolve Metang (the evolved form of Beldum) during the event to get a Metagross that knows the previously Community Day–exclusive attack Meteor Mash!
-Event-exclusive Timed Research will be available! Complete the Hoenn-themed Timed Research tasks to earn the following rewards.
Catch two Kyogre to earn 10 Kyogre Candies.
Catch two Groudon to earn 10 Groudon Candies.
Catch 30 Pokémon to earn 30 Poké Balls.
-Complete all the Timed Research tasks to encounter a Rayquaza that knows the exclusive Charged Attack Hurricane, as well as earn 3,000 XP and a Silver Pinap Berry. If you’re extremely lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Rayquaza!
-A free bundle featuring three Remote Raid Passes to help you challenge Kyogre and Groudon will be available in the in-game shop from Tuesday, January 19, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, January 25, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8).

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Froist posted:

This isn't datamined (maybe it was at some point), it's already on the official blog.

My bad, sorry, I was posting that in various discords yesterday and forgot to post it here but hey it's official now yay.

Hoping for mudkip, that's the only reason I'm really excited for this one.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Are you trying with your buddy? If you open your pokemon list and try with different ones it might work. If it doesn't pop up on the first photo with that pokemon then move on to the next

Took me like 6 buddy switches and pics to get him.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Char is orange, how is he included in a love cup?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I totally missed the thing for Love Cup. Red/pink/orange pokemon only?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Was bored with March's CD (Fletching wooo) until I saw 3x catch XP.

Game on!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
rather irritated this is the first time we don't get any kind of candy bonuses for Valentine's Day either, from catching or hatching or anything.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://pokemongolive.com/post/kanto-raid-day-2021/?hl=en&fbclid=IwAR3fpG2tZey5ti8bpp7j-wcv6_2qCsaRAmKFn6DpqRsPymzOFL8TcjbsPO8

Frustration TM event and new Giovanni.

Give me the real Shadow Lugia!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My mom caught a shiny Aero. She is still so drat happy about it.

So far I have nailed a shiny Oddish, Nidoran female, Hitmonlee, and DITTO. Hoping for a Horsea still, or Goldeen!

I don't know, not as many shinies as I heard about?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
MEW QUEST.

'Mew Masterwork Research' Step 1 of 4

Platinum Kanto medal - 51 Ultra Balls
Send 151 Gifts to friends - 1 Poffin
Make 151 Great Throw - 1510 Stardust
Rewards: 5100 XP, 1 Premium Battle Pass and 1510 Stardust

'Mew Masterwork Research' Step 2 of 4

Catch a Pokémon for 30 days in a row - 51 Ultra Balls
Catch 151 different species of Pokémon - 1 Glacial Lure
Catch 30 of each of the following Pokémon types: Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Fighting, Poison, Electric, Ground, Rock, Psychic, Ice, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Dragon, Dark and Fairy - 151 XP for each set of 30 Pokémon

Got 7 shinies, 2 of them new. Mom, no ticket, got a shiny Aero, pony, and Lapras.

I wish this event was two days though.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Mass Legendary Transfer is LIVE.

Under Settings.

That said, hold off till Tuesday if you got room (and use a Meltan box before Tuesday!) for double transfer candy.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ZoninSilver posted:

I've had a pretty strong this season start with a team of Galvantula, Dewgong w/both community day moves and a Scrafty. Having two guaranteed attack debuffers usually means even on a loss on lead/switch, I can cripple the enemy mon enough to get more energy farm than I'd otherwise risk or win otherwise close losses afterwards.

What community day moves for Dewgong? Do you mean legacy?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is the cat genie form really that loving good?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is Frillish still an award at lvl 20?

Saving passes until the cool white fish torpedo comes out. gently caress I want a million of him.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

LumpyGumby posted:

I just got a poo poo ton of XL candy from walking my buddy. Jumped from 12 to 42 in about a few hours.

What buddy? How far did you walk?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

LumpyGumby posted:

Mega Gyrados, best buddy. No clue how far I was walking though.

Just checked, got another five XLs. don't mind me, just switching over to Mewtwo soon.

Wait, was this during that event last night or afterwards?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

please add me

https://discord.gg/2GTgH9pn

Join here, might have more luck.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah male Frillish for April reward. No longer will I need to PVP!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The fact the cactus Pokemon is not in AZ or anywhere in the southwest is loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

Maractus - Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Southern California

I believe that has proven to be false.