Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
make sure to enable the carry fractional tics setting for the good horz. mouselook :thumbup: n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Squeezy Farm posted:

They turned me in to a quake mod Morty ! I'm .pk3 Rick!!!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i forgot how dark the opengl rendering in prboom is. its SOOOOO dark yall even darker than the more famously dark doom game :d:D:d:D::DD:D

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i forgot how dark the opengl rendering in prboom is. its SOOOOO dark yall even darker than the more famously dark doom game :d:D:d:D::DD:D

i doubt its darker than doom 64

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i finished map 26 of speed of doom. the last arena is cool but a real pants shitter since something like 8 or 9? cyberdemons spawn in at different points in the fight and i walked right into one but was blessed by rnjesus since i gave him a big ball of green bfg b4 he unloaded some rockets into my face. thanks for your support.

Pickel Rick out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Weed of doom

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Just everything included in “Myth: The Total Codex”

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm sorry everyone i was not having fun trying to beat map 27 of speed of doom w/o saves its the only level i've had to save thru so far besides the secret map 32 "pyramid of death" which is just bonkers folks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

map 28 of speed of doom "twilight massacre" is much more fun to play than map 27. really excellent slaughter map and not too punishing, the hardest part is not immediately waking up every monster after finishing whichever of the first 3 arenas you choose to warp to, since theoretically you can run around the entire map and wake everything up, althoo maybe that starts a cool 15000 monster infight party idk i died every time i tried it. THE other hardest part is not being blocked by an invisible meatball/tomato/meatball child floating way above you and getting assblasted by 20 cyberdemon/revenant rockets while trying to walk around an infinitely tall lost soul :thumbsdown:

idk if its the 5th most memorable map ever or w/e it is on doomworld but it IS cool.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
chad lost soul

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i played the frist 10 maps of pluonia because of the community midi pack from like 8 years ago. thanks all. Thanks.i forgot how annoying that invisible bridge part in map 2, which killed me more than anything else so far.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i finished speed of doom except i used saves on map 27 which i really don't like and map32 which is too hard 4 me w/o saving. thanks. map 27 isn't like super difficult either but the opening 30 seconds are obnoxious and i don't want to play them. COOL wad otherwise most of the maps are good especially darkwaves, the only one i didn't really like besides 27 was joshys tyson map 21 iirc. check it out. very hard tho. okay bye.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i started playing "Auger Zenith" because everyone is mentioning it in the cacoaward nominations on doomworld. pretty cute. someone probalby mentioned it here or the doom wad thread in the retro games forum idr

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
it looks really cool but none of the maps really stood out from the 5 or 6 i played. someone told me there are some good ones halfway thru tho. and the one level with ryan gosling gifs everywhere made me lol

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i take it back i tried it again and map07 is good.. wish they reskinned all the weapons.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

yeah it picks up steam combat wise around map 5 i stopped on 6 or 7 last night.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

just had two hell barons infight because one triggered an explosive barrel and the explosion hit the other barron now thats epic

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I liked the one that was like proto l4d where a bunch of people fought off zombies and one person placed all the zombies and traps in the level. There was one map that was really easy to block as survivors so me and my friend would grief noobs on it

Zombie Master was turbo loving aces

Trap Maps was where it was at

This was also during the height of HLDJ which i found hilarious

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

last week i finished auger zenith which was cool but easy. maps 15 to the end were very good. the texture work and cool midis are the main attraction probably. czech it out if you want a 21 map pack of not to hard maps with a lot of cool level design and textures and midis.

I ALSO played plutonia experiment for the first time in idk 15 years probalby with the community midi pack whcih is much better than hearing stock doom 2 music for the billionth time. good midis, and plutoniia still mostly holds up except for like maps 9 and 10 and a couple others. FORTUNATELY map 10 has the easiest and most obvious sequence break in the world. my favorite map is 15 i think even tho its 2 bridges that form a cross over hurtfloor surrounded by like 60 chaingunners or w/e.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwk0zu_ojaY cool

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

neat

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuB89FTcpps wow

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
edit: removed embedded [/video type="youtube"]HL-hyjQ1PR8[/video]

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 26, 2021

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

holey shite... did NOT see that one coming. 😂 and they call it the BREASTS 😳 of rosella? 😏 e pic win goon sire

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i have embeds disabled like a normal person so i can simply scroll by the youtube link with no description unmolested

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i watched it and that dipshit needs to be dipped in acid

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Fair enough.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

DoomLazer posted:

Fair enough.

lol. better luck next time op

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i've been playing the new hit wad Judgment on and off for the past week i'm on map 9. it's pretty cool it uses the newfangled "MBF 21" format which allows for more custom monsters while maintaining boom compatability i guess. probably other stuff too idk . no gzdoom scripting bs needed! it's pretty cool. This wad is getting a Lot of Attention from DoomWorld Posters. Anyway czech it out. some of the new monster might need to be tweaked but the baby cacodemon is epic.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/125238-judgment-32-map-mbf21-megawad-rc1/

YOU MUST use the latest version of dsda doom or gzdoom tho since no other ports have implemented mbf 21 yet. dsda is prboom basically so its cool. bye

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

DoomLazer posted:

Fair enough.

good response. post in the next tryouts thread

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
I know, I should have lurked more instead of just dumping my poo poo in the thread. I apologize.

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 26, 2021

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

ArfJason posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ArfJason posted:

an evergreen lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i've been playing the new hit wad Judgment on and off for the past week i'm on map 9. it's pretty cool it uses the newfangled "MBF 21" format which allows for more custom monsters while maintaining boom compatability i guess. probably other stuff too idk . no gzdoom scripting bs needed! it's pretty cool. This wad is getting a Lot of Attention from DoomWorld Posters. Anyway czech it out. some of the new monster might need to be tweaked but the baby cacodemon is epic.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/125238-judgment-32-map-mbf21-megawad-rc1/

YOU MUST use the latest version of dsda doom or gzdoom tho since no other ports have implemented mbf 21 yet. dsda is prboom basically so its cool. bye

looking forward to trying this but the former sergeant with a ssg sounds like hell lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

he's been waiting a quarter of a century to use the ssg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ArfJason posted: