Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had a ton of fun playing Sven Co-Op back in the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Which way, western man?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell I’ll check it out even though I probably know everything in it already.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I started playing Black Mesa last night and it's pretty kickass so far. It's just familiar enough while also changing things up so it feels like a fresh experience

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

I just beat Doom II and based on this thread I know I'm gonna try Ancient Aliens for sure...and probably Eviternity. what other wads should I d/l

Try Doom 3 OP.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

doom 64 might be worth a shot. now that you mention it

Doom 64 is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the virgin console shooter with no mouselook, the chad PC gamer with precision m/k accuracy, and the ultra chad doom fan with no mouse and generous autoaim

The galaxy brain chad Doom fan who exclusively uses the original control scheme where you move forward and backward with the mouse

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:thejoke:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You best start believing in doom wad websites, miss turner. You’re in one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

i will stick to gaming dream 1 as a reference

😡

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Squeezy Farm posted:

They turned me in to a quake mod Morty ! I'm .pk3 Rick!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Weed of doom

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I turned myself into a bad opinion Morty! I’m bad opinion Rick!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JURASSIC PARK GIRL: This is circle strafing. I know this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CACOZONE.WAD

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

end of day 3. all level geometry and door/platform/key flow completed.

next step: encounter design. which is gonna take forever. after that, texturing and aesthetics, which is also gonna take forever.

Looks dope

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

finished water spirit and its def a 5/5. final encounter in map03 kicked my rear end a bunch until I was finally able to run a circle around the huge pack of archviles and pinkies to higher ground, jump on top of the pinkie horde to direct myself a bit and then get launched by archvile attacks to the exit lol. Felt really good even though it was probably cheesy. i tried a bunch to shoot my way through but i didnt have enough energy cells for the bfg to clear out all the trash... i missed 2 secrets in the map which probably would have helped.

Next wad i rolled is The Wailing Horde by uh...Chris Hansen.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HOLDEN: You’re playing Ancient Aliens. You try to circle strafe left, but you can’t because of your key bindings. You press to run-
LEON: What do you mean I’m not autorunning?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

yes it makes me feel sick as well, OP

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

karl and the urban rock

A film by Noah Baumbach

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

forgot about this dude in arcane dimensions. nice.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hes going to record postal start ni save demos using dsda or prboom +umap edition to attone for.his crimes. Edit: uh tone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qls6Po_1h5s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

despite my facade, I am still just an imp in a wad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The expanded Doomslayer lore in Eternal is hot garbage but the game was a lot of fun.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

you need 5 Berserker Tokens to unlock Revenant Enemy Pack. Click here to visit Bethesda.net store m'slayer

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tmfc posted:

lmao i did not know this

In Training posted:

The Pope almost intervened to stop this, which would have prevented from Plutonia ever existing...cool

Lol wtf

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

im now down to only 25 wads left

Try some L-Arginine supplements my dude.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the first time i played doom 64 i thought the game was broken because it was too dark to see anything so i returned it to blockbuster and exchanged it for duke nukem 64 which had no music

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I ignored the lore in Doom 2016 but in Eternal they shove it in your face and it all sucks rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

the revanent is shooting a honing tutorial message informing us, the gamers, to shoot its weak point with a shotgun and then use the patenent Doom Ice beam to regenerate ammo or go for a glory kill to regenerate health.

Thank You Revenant

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good lord

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

just updated the GNU Image Manipulation Program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

I beat snes doom and want to play more doom now. What's the best Doom game?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/brutal-doom-v20b-black-edition