Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
I have family in Oshkosh, WI and that city loving loves frozen pizza. Everyone has one of these:

Including all of the bars, any of which would be glad to pop one in for you while you have a beer.

There is a place that will deliver frozen pizzas to you that had to expand to two locations.

https://eatonsfreshpizza.com/frozen-pizzas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
dude if there were a local place that made frozen pies you bet your rear end i'd give them a whirl.

Unfortunately I haven't even found a local place that makes a decent non-frozen pizza here so :shrug:

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Freakazoid_ posted:

Are you sure it's not screamin' sicilian? Haven't had screamin' pizza but their strombolis are good, even though you have to use non-stick spray on the microwavable container for it.

that might be it. i already threw the package away

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The Screamin Sicilian pizzas always looked really appetizing but the one we got was bad enough that I have never had another. It's particularly insulting that they have the gall to not only make a bad pizza somehow, but it's not a cheap pizza either.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bigperm posted:

I have family in Oshkosh, WI and that city loving loves frozen pizza. Everyone has one of these:

Including all of the bars, any of which would be glad to pop one in for you while you have a beer.

There is a place that will deliver frozen pizzas to you that had to expand to two locations.

https://eatonsfreshpizza.com/frozen-pizzas

reppin tha 920 baby

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I haven't seen one in years so I don't know if they still make them but I used to really like Tombstone's stuffed crust. It always felt like you got more cheese than other brands.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I used to love Tombstone but they changed it in the last couple of years and it's kind of disappointing now. There used to be "bonus pepperoni" (like, little chunks) on the bog-standard pep. Gone. Different crust, different sauce. Been talking to my therapist about this.

So I'm more a Digiorno guy these days. The Pizzeria! ones really are as good as like, Dominos or something.

I think you could argue, also, that Totino's is not quite a pizza, and I know it's pretty fake garbo, but I still love them once in a while (even after they changed to square, which was a lot for me to get through.)

I grew up in BFE wisconsin where the original Tombstone plant was. Once they got sold to Nestle they hosed with the sauce big time. One of my friend's moms worked there and they sold pizzas to the employees ridiculously cheap. It was dope as hell playing Halo with 4 xboxes in their basement and having a nearly limitless supply of pizza.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Just had the CPK white cheese sauce and spinach pizza for breakfast. 5/10 not enough sauce.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I tried so many drat frozen pizzas when I was in college and gave up and just get Totinos since it is what I am ultimately looking for.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

piss boner posted:

Just had the CPK white cheese sauce and spinach pizza for breakfast. 5/10 not enough sauce.

This make me think, are there any good frozen breakfast pizzas? I've never seen one myself, but gas stations around here have decent versions.

Hess (PBUH) once had an amazing bacon breakfast slice that was loaded with crumbled bacon. It was a surefire hangover cure. So greasy it would smear through like 5 paper plates.

Currently Speedway has a breakfast pizza that has SAUSAGE GRAVY INSTEAD OF TOMATO SAUCE with sausage egg and cheese on top. It is delicious but way too rich. You eat two slices for breakfast, you're gonna get the itis at like 10AM.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Tombstone will always need some gussying up with your own cheese but turns out alright. I've also found baking it at +25F has helped avoid the crust curling up that would happen even if I rotated it halfway through. I should just get a non poo poo oven though.

Made this a while ago - the sriracha wasn't terrible but doesn't work that great with their weird sauce.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

tetsuo posted:

Tombstone will always need some gussying up with your own cheese but turns out alright. I've also found baking it at +25F has helped avoid the crust curling up that would happen even if I rotated it halfway through. I should just get a non poo poo oven though.

Made this a while ago - the sriracha wasn't terrible but doesn't work that great with their weird sauce.

The ultimate proof that spirals are hypnotic, it makes the Tombstone look tasty.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I have been on the Keto and the Quest Brand Keto Pizzas aint bad.

----------------

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Frozen is certainly a fast food. After cooking dinner meals Sunday through Thursday, I'm usually in the mood to take it easy and sometimes not want to spend the money or even time for a fresh pie.

I go with regional over chain/national in most cases which for me in Vermont is the hierarchy of:

Half Bakedhttps://www.halfbakedpizzavt.com/
American Flatbread: https://americanflatbreadproducts.com/
Papa Ginos https://www.papaginos.com/

Then usually:
Newman's Own

I'm not above buying Shaw's Signature brand which is ok and not a bad deal when it's on sale.

For some reason I have not tried Cape Cod. Thoughts from those in the New England area?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

that's a solid one for sure.

had the buffalo chicken recently. would recommend if you want some buffalo chicken taste on your newman's own pizza

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Cheesus posted:

Frozen is certainly a fast food. After cooking dinner meals Sunday through Thursday, I'm usually in the mood to take it easy and sometimes not want to spend the money or even time for a fresh pie.

I go with regional over chain/national in most cases which for me in Vermont is the hierarchy of:

Half Bakedhttps://www.halfbakedpizzavt.com/
American Flatbread: https://americanflatbreadproducts.com/
Papa Ginos https://www.papaginos.com/

Then usually:
Newman's Own

I'm not above buying Shaw's Signature brand which is ok and not a bad deal when it's on sale.

For some reason I have not tried Cape Cod. Thoughts from those in the New England area?

I should not have clicked these links while already hungry. Those all look good.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Getting a pizza stone for your oven and cranking that bitch to about 500 to toast your pies is def where it's at.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I haven't had Totino's Pizza in a few years, and seeing the new square shape is depressing. In high school and college I'd often get the plain cheese ones (They'd be $1 or $1.25 each), and instead of following the regular baking directions, I'd put them directly on a baking sheet and put it in the over before preheating it to the proper temp. Immediately once it hit the proper temp, you would instantly switch to the broiler for 1-2 minutes. It would turn out perfectly and in record time. I'd then top it with crushed red pepper flakes, fold it in half to make a pizza taco, and eat it all at once.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Big Beef City posted:

Getting a pizza stone for your oven and cranking that bitch to about 500 to toast your pies is def where it's at.

when I make pizza from scratch, my recipe calls for placing it on a screaming hot slab and throwing into a screaming hot oven

does that actually work with frozen pizzas? never tried

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Doesn't hurt.
I hate soggy crust on pizza and doing it that way eliminates the issue so it's all good by me

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Baking steel > baking stone

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Julias posted:

I haven't had Totino's Pizza in a few years, and seeing the new square shape is depressing. In high school and college I'd often get the plain cheese ones (They'd be $1 or $1.25 each), and instead of following the regular baking directions, I'd put them directly on a baking sheet and put it in the over before preheating it to the proper temp. Immediately once it hit the proper temp, you would instantly switch to the broiler for 1-2 minutes. It would turn out perfectly and in record time. I'd then top it with crushed red pepper flakes, fold it in half to make a pizza taco, and eat it all at once.

Square tortillas are real so you can have a square pizza burrito, I feel.

I am interested in your prep method.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
Just had a Totino's combo pizza after like a two year break, and it was like an addict going back to a dealer.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
DiGiorno's has been making "butcher's cut" pizzas which are pretty good. they have fancy sauces and are pretty cheesy

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Fleetwood posted:

DiGiorno's has been making "butcher's cut" pizzas which are pretty good. they have fancy sauces and are pretty cheesy

but a butcher doesn't make pizzas???

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I made a Totinos in an air fryer on Sunday. The crust was almost too good. Like I'm used to it being somewhere between burnt and undercooked.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Well they should.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Prime rib and pineapple pizza. :getin:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Fartington Butts posted:

Prime rib and pineapple pizza. :getin:

Is the prime rib or the pineapple the crust?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

You know the answer to this.

Both.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fartington Butts posted:

Shrimp and pineapple pizza. :getin:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I guess they do now! DiGiorno's on the front lines of pizza innovation

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

CPK when I'm feeling fancy. Red Baron for the preferred cheap frozza.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvVjMEZXbO8

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Professor Latency posted:

CPK when I'm feeling fancy. Red Baron for the preferred cheap frozza.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvVjMEZXbO8

Triggered. Thank you.

E: For Red Baron household

----------------

drunkb fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 25, 2020

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

spookykid posted:

Just had a Totino's combo pizza after like a two year break, and it was like an addict going back to a dealer.

The pro move with totino's is to put a bunch of hot sauce on it and then fold it in half and eat it like a taco

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
tonys supreme $3-4 for an insanely mediocre pizza thats my poo poo

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Thoughts on Orv's? We got a bunch on sale for like 2.50 USD and they seemed... okay but we got weird ones, like taco pizza. Maybe I just did not get the Correct Orv's Experience?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Dr. Oetker did terrible things to win his knowledge, but drat me to hell, it was a price worth paying

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Someone in this this thread said Home Run Inn frozen pizzas were pretty darn good

Saw one for the first time at Aldi this week, $4.50 for an 8" pizza is exorbitant when I could get a really lovely 12" pizza for $2 or wegmans decent frozen 12" pizza for $3

but I got one and it was pretty good, the cheese and crust were both better than I would expect of a frozen pizza at any price point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piss boner
May 17, 2003

aniviron posted:

but we got weird ones, like taco pizza.

NGL, kinda jealous of having access to a frozen taco pizza, best we can do is the taco pizza from dominos which is great but having a frozen option would fill that 5am pizza need