Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Trader Joe's had a frozen deep dish pizza. The dough was a little bland but overall good. It's no more :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have respect for what Celeste is. It's a dollar for delicious cardboard that fills you enough. If you don't expect more than that, you end up pretty happy with it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I have somehow never seen those or have glossed over them every time, but dang, it's hard to be mad at a pizza that costs a dollar.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I have respect for what Celeste is. It's a dollar for delicious cardboard that fills you enough. If you don't expect more than that, you end up pretty happy with it.

used to love that poo poo as a little kid

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I like Enzo's for dirt cheap food item that resembles a pizza. Each "pizza" is 3 poptart sized slices so you can share it as a snack or eat the whole thing at 2am and not want to die later. The big box is I think 27 "slices" so 9 pizza snacks?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I miss the Totino's cheeseburger pizza. Not enough mutants like me out in the world to keep it around

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
baking up a TONYs pep pizza tonight. $4. alkso got some michelob ultra tall boys to enjoy GODZILLA VS KONG with. for desert? some blueberries. basically Tuesday is shaping up to be a monster.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im 36 :whatup:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Drinks and something to watch are the best sides with pizza, you have grown wise with age.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
could go for a newman's own white pizza rn

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I bought some Detroit style double pepperoni pizza from CostCo today. Looking forward to that later this week.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I made homemade garlic butter sauce and drizzled it on my frozen 'za and it increased the power level by at least %75

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

I grew up with Ellio's Pizza, will still get it once in a blue moon.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I made homemade garlic butter sauce and drizzled it on my frozen 'za and it increased the power level by at least %75

I once made a balsamic reduction for a frozen pizza, highly recommend it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Zippy the Bummer posted:

holy poo poo

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

aniviron posted:

Yeah! The little pepperoni chunks are always a big bonus to a pizza.

Also this is the perfect place to talk about enjoying fake bad food. I won't shy away from admitting that I eat a pizza roll now and then.

Yeah there are some good ones that are Wisconsin local. Portesi and Brew Pub are probably the best of what I normally get, though we did get Palermo's last time we went out. The Portesi that doesn't have sauce but just fucktons of cheese is a particular favourite.

I know this is a super fuckin old post but I always forget this forum exists and it makes me happy that someone else on the internet has eaten Portesi's cheese fries.

Speaking of Portesi, they have my favorite frozen pizza, but I can almost never find it in Madison. Whenever I go back home to visit my parents in central WI, I try to load up a cooler full of their "Oven Fresh" pizzas.

They parbake the pizzas before freezing, and idk what it does, but when you bake em up at home they come out tasting like a really, really good freshly made bar style thin crust pizza instead of the normal cracker-y crust frozen taste. They're amazing and I wish I had one right now to bake up.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Casu Marzu posted:

I know this is a super fuckin old post but I always forget this forum exists and it makes me happy that someone else on the internet has eaten Portesi's cheese fries.

Speaking of Portesi, they have my favorite frozen pizza, but I can almost never find it in Madison. Whenever I go back home to visit my parents in central WI, I try to load up a cooler full of their "Oven Fresh" pizzas.

They parbake the pizzas before freezing, and idk what it does, but when you bake em up at home they come out tasting like a really, really good freshly made bar style thin crust pizza instead of the normal cracker-y crust frozen taste. They're amazing and I wish I had one right now to bake up.

booo woodman's has their cheese fries but not pizza here too. I'll have to keep an eye out

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
couple cloves of garlic, mash it up with a garlic smasher thing

put it in a little bowl with two tablespoons of butter

nuke that poo poo until the butter is liquified, then mix it around a bunch

let it set so that the garlic flavor can permeate the butter

when you are ready to eat, nuke it again to re-liquify

boom, garlic sauce

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Zippy the Bummer posted:

couple cloves of garlic, mash it up with a garlic smasher thing

put it in a little bowl with two tablespoons of butter

nuke that poo poo until the butter is liquified, then mix it around a bunch

let it set so that the garlic flavor can permeate the butter

when you are ready to eat, nuke it again to re-liquify

boom, garlic sauce

I usually add garlic powder and shaky parm to the concoction, maybe some italian seasoning if im feeling frisky

and instead of microwave i do a small saucepan on the stove. set it and forget it on the lowest possible heat. there should be no bubbling. the garlic should not brown. it just gets nice and mellow and makes your house smell like you are burning a garlic butter scented candle

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

WITCHCRAFT posted:

shaky parm

Thank you for validating this as part of my vocabulary. I’ve called it that for years.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tato posted:

Gotta represent

Totino's are the perfect pizza for when you're hungry but don't really want anything, especially if you're drunk or hungover.

My favorite frozen pizzas were from Aldi, called Hangry Tomato

Sadly, it seems that they only made them in 2017 and 2018, because I haven't seen them in a while. They had like the perfect medium crust, and were white people spicy. I miss them.

EDIT:

:rip:

----------------

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 12, 2021

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Imagine the person that chooses this pizza because "HEY THE PIZZA BOX IS TALKING LIKE THE INTERNET XD"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ive learned that the store brand, single dollar french bread pizzas are superior to the name brand in every way. they come with a crisping thing for the microwave if you dont want to bake it!!!!! mother of gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Virigoth posted:

I bought some Detroit style double pepperoni pizza from CostCo today. Looking forward to that later this week.

Same. I think it's this brand, got it from Costco as well.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

ate some of this beaut tonight

tons of sauce and tons of cheese. it was probably the best frozen pizza cheese I've had, and yes better than those overpriced Lotzza Motzza ones. better-than-restaurant cheese pulls, even after it had cooled off a while. don't know how far they distribute, but highly recommend!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Used to get this but where i usually shopped stop carrying it

So now I get this, because I like spinach and mushroom and it has that even though I'm less fond of the white sauce

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Crusty Nutsack posted:

tons of sauce and tons of cheese. it was probably the best frozen pizza cheese I've had, and yes better than those overpriced Lotzza Motzza ones. better-than-restaurant cheese pulls, even after it had cooled off a while. don't know how far they distribute, but highly recommend!

Oh heck that looks good. I checked out the maker, they're in Oshkosh but I haven't seen them in any central WI grocers, which is a shame. I agree that the Lotzza Motzza stuff is good, but it's also as expensive as ordering from a pizzeria, which in many ways defeats the object of a frozen pizza.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

aniviron posted:

Oh heck that looks good. I checked out the maker, they're in Oshkosh but I haven't seen them in any central WI grocers, which is a shame. I agree that the Lotzza Motzza stuff is good, but it's also as expensive as ordering from a pizzeria, which in many ways defeats the object of a frozen pizza.

I get it at Woodman's so check them out. they have the best frozen pizza section since so much is local

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i hate rising crust pizza because it ends up almost nothing but bread with a dab of toppings in the middle

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

halokiller posted:

This is still on deck for me as I opted to go to Lou Malnotti’s instead.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

aniviron posted:

lotzza motzzas at hyvee have been "on sale" for $7.99 perpetually for years

once they were down to $5 each which was glorious

----------------

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Crusty Nutsack posted:

looks good

----------------

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i hate rising crust pizza because it ends up almost nothing but bread with a dab of toppings in the middle

with you on this one, they almost always seem weird to me. the digiorno's isn't bad though

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

halokiller posted:

i judge this one to be pretty ok but it is an absolute calorie nuke, weight watchers beware. why kid yourself though.

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Had one of these. Crust turned out nice and crunchy, was still pretty flimsy in the center. Was good enough to not need hot sauce.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

In Canada near me the only decent frozen option seems to be casa di mama, I really love that crust.

----------------

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

SilvergunSuperman posted:

In Canada near me the only decent frozen option seems to be casa di mama, I really love that crust.

Is that the doc oetker casa di mama? Surprised to find it exists over the pond if that's the case

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ate a tonys supreme for brlinner today. not bad

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bloom posted:

Is that the doc oetker casa di mama? Surprised to find it exists over the pond if that's the case

It is indeed!

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
accidentally posted it in the frozen dinny thread but this was a pretty decent pie