Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

barnold posted:

accidentally posted it in the frozen dinny thread but this was a pretty decent pie

Saw these pop up briefly in my area. Looks hella good, but aren't they pretty expensive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

drat that looks good. Did it come out as ~pillowy~ as that?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

barnold posted:

accidentally posted it in the frozen dinny thread but this was a pretty decent pie

looks good man

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Fartington Butts posted:

Saw these pop up briefly in my area. Looks hella good, but aren't they pretty expensive?

yeah it was like ten bucks but I made the classic mistake of walking to the market sconed out of my gourd and hungry

aniviron posted:

drat that looks good. Did it come out as ~pillowy~ as that?

yup it came out pretty drat good. not as pillowy and good as say, a fresh slice of sicilian pizza imo, but pretty good. i also never heard of "Wisconsin brick cheese" until i ate that pizza and i liked it

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I just heard like four different fire trucks and all I could think was “some motherfucker fell asleep with a frozza in their oven.”

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Don’t call it that

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

barnold posted:

yeah it was like ten bucks but I made the classic mistake of walking to the market sconed out of my gourd and hungry

Please don't get sconed in the pizza thread TIA

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
freezza is way better

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, earlier this week I finally went into a Super Market to shop for groceries after a year's delay. The munchies occurred and I purchased the following:

I will report back early next week, this weekend is going to be a balmy 105F. I would normally cook things in my toaster oven on my balcony in the summer but this pizza will not fit.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

gently caress that looks good. Glad I was already planning to pop a Lotzza Motzza in this afternoon to sate the cravings.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i had one of those and it was pretty good, get ready for Lots of Bread though. crust cannonball coming through.

----------------

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Fartington Butts posted:

Had one of these. Crust turned out nice and crunchy, was still pretty flimsy in the center. Was good enough to not need hot sauce.

Had this brand and particular pie in the "serves 3-4" size, and we threw it on my buddy's grill+stone, and it turned out amazing. Get stoned, make grill za, sit and eat it by the fire with the maple logs going.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

aniviron posted:

gently caress that looks good. Glad I was already planning to pop a Lotzza Motzza in this afternoon to sate the cravings.

I bought one of these for the first time the other day. It was delicious and I ate it all for breakfast.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I don't eat frozen pizza too often but would a pizza stone in an oven make a difference? I love a crispy bottom.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

pro starcraft loser posted:

I don't eat frozen pizza too often but would a pizza stone in an oven make a difference? I love a crispy bottom.

i've found that some of these things are engineered such that if you don't bake it exactly as it says to the end result comes out all hosed up. worth a try i guess.

----------------

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

uber_stoat posted:

i've found that some of these things are engineered such that if you don't bake it exactly as it says to the end result comes out all hosed up. worth a try i guess.

Worst case I guess it makes for top tier leftover reheating.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I feel like they are more trouble than they're worth, but if you get one that works well and you don't mind the extra time it will take to make the stone hot, yeah, they can be good.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

pro starcraft loser posted:

I bake it directly on the middle rack at +25F whatever's recommended on the package, e.g. 425F instead of 400F which I think most frozen pizzas say. Crispier bottom crust and it doesn't do that weird thing where two sides curl up and the pizza takes on a saddle shape.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I just leave my cast iron skillet inverted directly below plus also do what the above poster suggests but +50F because my oven sucks and it turns out great

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Brew Pub brand, which is normally extremely good, doesn't do a particularly good taco pizza unfortunately.
Toppings are alright, cheese is extremely bland which is odd, since normally that's a highlight for them.

Any how these things are normally like $10 a pop but were on sale for about 6 last week so I've got a bunch of the Supremes and sausage and pepper variety to look forward to at least

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I would have a full freezer for months with 6 dollar Brew Pubs.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Frozen pizza perfection: ultra thin crust Wagner
I stockpile them (literal piles of shame) when they're on sale for about 1.30€ apiece. You Americans pay way too much for frozen pies :ohdear:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

How big are they, not that I disagree

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

No wonder I haven't heard of them. That does look pretty good; is it a real photo, or a stock one?

You can get cheap frozen pizzas here, a Jack's is usually ~2USD, but they're not very good.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The second pic is straight out the oven real.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

drat, that's a testament to both the pizza and your photography then.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

aniviron posted:

is it a real photo, or a stock one?

sauer kraut posted:

The second pic is straight out the oven real.

aniviron posted:

drat, that's a testament to both the pizza and your photography then.

:emptyquote: and that is coming from someone who is sick of pizza

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Twenty Four posted:

:emptyquote: and that is coming from someone who is sick of pizza

MODS!?!?!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Virigoth posted:

MODS!?!?!

If you work with it long enough, it's just work, not fun or good :(

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Twenty Four posted:

If you work with it long enough, it's just work, not fun or good :(

sorry for your loss.

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Ninurta posted:

So, earlier this week I finally went into a Super Market to shop for groceries after a year's delay. The munchies occurred and I purchased the following:

I will report back early next week, this weekend is going to be a balmy 105F. I would normally cook things in my toaster oven on my balcony in the summer but this pizza will not fit.

chowed down on a pepp from this fine establishment. got nothin to compare it to DETROITWISE in my repertoire, but it's a hefty frozen pie; i can house a digornio when i'm hankerin for a slab of frozza all by myself but this has some BREAD to it. made sure to push the cheese to the edges since it all kinda ended up on one side and the first piece cheese-crust-wise was not impressed, too burnt, too crunch. but by the time i hit the other corner whether through time or better ratio it made for a drat fine cheese crust, kinda chewy, kinda firm, not burnt and crumbly. the cheese on top actually has a little stretch and chew, the sauce has some garlic flavor instead of Entire Jar of Sugar like a lot of frozen pies, drat son, givin mr city pizza here a five outta five. and hell it was even a full dollar less than my usual go to stuffed crust digiornio!@? money in the bank, that's what good frozen pizza gets you.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

sorry for your loss.

:rip:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
had mahself a Tony's Supreme last night. $3.99. not bad. ate that whole bitch and 2x tall boys of high life. i also watched the movie nomadland while enjoying this feast,,, pretty cool night over all.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Ninurta posted:

So, a bit.....late, but I finally cooked up this bad boy.

Pre baking, toppings are bit scattered but overall fine.

Box version versus cooked. Other than the toppings it's more or less what was promised.

Final form, first bite taken. Overall, it was a good pizza, however there were two oddities:

1. Loose sausage. Most of the sausage was scattered over the top of the pizza and didn't melt into the cheese.

2. Cold veggies. This could be due to the toppings sliding around but the onions and peppers were cold. They weren't limp, they were still crunchy but they were colder than the rest of the piping hot pizza.

The crust was pretty good, but I think I should have cooked it for a little longer or possible cranked up the heat to 450 for the last few minutes to crisp it a little more. This would probably have also helped with the veggies.

Would pizza again.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
maube cook something like that in the broiler (i dont know what this is)

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Ninurta posted:

1. Loose sausage. Most of the sausage was scattered over the top of the pizza and didn't melt into the cheese.

I can only think of one brand that is pretty consistent with scattering and that is Home Run. They arrange pepperoni into a grid, and we get this fairly often because one of my roommates has a touch of the OCD.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Ninurta posted:

Those sausage pellets that look like half-popped popcorn kernels are universally awful and inferior to crumbles of Real Actual Sausage.

The rest of the pizza looks darn good, especially the crust! I agree with you that it's better to go a bit long/high on the time/temp and get it real crispy. Hard to gauge if you haven't cooked that exact pizza in your home oven before.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Got a frozen za for dinner tonight only to find my hotel room doesn't have an oven (it's a suite with a kitchenette so it was a reasonable assumption okay) fml

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Would you say that it was just as good while still frozen, or did the temperature (or lack thereof) negatively impact the meal for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Call room service and ask a bro to help you out