Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Celeste pizzas are a top tier poverty food

people were flaming them itt or maybe it was anotehr thead. i didnt speak up but i shoulda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Another trip report from the local Lidl:

2.49€ as of a few days ago.
Verdict: probably my new go-to, loved it!
Didn't add any toppings so I'd experience the authentic taste first; gonna throw on some garlic going forward 'cause I'm a fiend for that and maybe a sprinkling of tajin seasoning (get you some of that if you like a tangy taste)

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

drat, once again jealous of pizza at that pricepoint.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Frozen pizza defrosted in the fridge accidentally was nice on a hot pizza stone with added onions and cheese with spray of olive oil and salt on top.

Defeats the purpose of a frozen pizza and it makes you realize how food from these companies start to taste the same. Like "Ugh" and "Eugh".

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Celeste pizzas are a top tier poverty food

thiknking about all the times I arrived home from work late at night to eat a couple Celestes over Farscape eps

lucking foser
Jan 10, 2023
the Wegmans Tuscan pizza frozen pizza is quite literally the bomb, as long as you leave the optional disgusting chili oil off

----------------

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Continuing my Lidl pizza reports:

I do love me some meat, especially if it can be had for 2.19€.

The meat flavor was somewhat lost under the amount of cheese, but that's not something to complain about. (I did also add slices of garlic from the family garden, as usual)
Another good one!

Lol at calling this heat level anything above "mild" though.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
went back to the CPK margheritta and I'm done with it for a while. too much cracker texture. going back to digiorno's.

also had a Screamin' Sicilian pepperoni and meatball stromboli that was meh. needed more cheese and the top crust was like a carapace even though I shaved a few minutes off the timer

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I too generally feel that the screamin sicilians leave something to be desired, especially since they're trying to be a nicer pie.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
something about the taste of the sauce on SS seems a little off to me. not sure what it is. i buy them sometimes when they're on sale but never full price.

----------------

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
They started putting Tombstone pizzas in a box and jacked up the price by a dollar. It's literally the exact same pizza. Fuckin' Nestle.

With coupons it's now cheaper to just grab Marco's or Domino's down the street instead.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm nearly at the point of having stickers made that say 'quit buying this over priced bs" and putting them all around products that are price gouging

im going to need a lot of stickers

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

when little caesars hot-n-ready pizza was no longer :fivecbux:, that was beginning of the end

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
This weekend I could not resist buying the Stranger Things tie-in Pineapple and Jalapeno pizza.

I do not recommend it. First off there's not enough cheese coverage, needed at least 30% more.

I do love pineapple on pizza, and the pineapple was fine, but the jalapenos were terrible. I wasn't expecting them to be mind-blowing, but they were in the worst possible way. I knew something was up when I pulled it out of the box and they were bright green, like they had been boiled. Very mushy, a complete lack of snap and no capsaicin whatsoever, even the flavor was wrong, it was like I was eating bell pepper.

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I was wondering about it at the grocer; the brand looked to be Palermo's, but at a substantial markup over what I'd normally pay for such a pie. Guess my gut didn't lie to me on that one; still, a shame.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wife showed it to me at the store. "What the gently caress" and we kept going.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Virigoth posted:

If I could just find a decent to good Detroit style frozen I’d be in heaven. That motor city one ain’t doing it so the search continues.

Buddy's pizza in metro Detroit area makes a take and bake frozen pie that's pretty bomb. Granted, you're paying like $17 for a frozen pizza but if you care about quality, there you go

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Lidl pizza time again.

2.69€
Loved it, especially with some Valentina Black Label hot sauce on top.
Very positively surprised at cucumber as a (frozen) pizza topping!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Angryhead posted:

Lidl pizza time again.

2.69€
Loved it, especially with some Valentina Black Label hot sauce on top.
Very positively surprised at cucumber as a (frozen) pizza topping!

good price & nice pie. excellent post

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Been a while but wanted to share this vegan pie.

2.69€, from Finnish chain of stores, Prisma (in Estonia).
The frozen thing didn't look promising - it's like they just dumped a bucket of assorted veggies on - but the end result was surprisingly not half-bad! Not the easiest thing to eat what with all the little bits wanting to fall off, but a fun experience in that pretty much every slice has different tastes and textures.
It's not rocketing up my personal favorites list but if I happen by that store and am feeling like eating vegan I might pick up another.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That amount of topping for 2.69 makes me very envious. Especially after the food prices rocketed up in the US last year that's a fantasy price.

I kind of like the idea that each slice is different as well; just have to make sure the last bite is a good one.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Did this drunk other night

https://imgur.com/a/QBeOp3m

String cheese, pepperoni, Shrooms, banana peppers and bell peppers

Key to Celeste,post silver disk, is the toaster oven

----------------

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 7, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

ate a screamin sicilian pepperoni and wasn’t impressed it had too much sauce and the pepp wasn’t that good 4/10

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

screamin sicilian really is terrible I hadn’t gotten one until recently and I figured it would at least be acceptable since it has been around for a few years now but I will never buy it again

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

They absolutely don't live up to the hype. They don't taste actively bad but when there are so many good frozen pizzas, why bother?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

a sexual elk posted:

Did this drunk other night

https://imgur.com/a/QBeOp3m

String cheese, pepperoni, Shrooms, banana peppers and bell peppers

Key to Celeste,post silver disk, is the toaster oven

Did it come with the extra string cheese or did you add it on your own? Either way good move, because that base layer of cheese is an insult. I know that is a "style" but gently caress that.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

holefoods posted:

screamin sicilian really is terrible I hadn’t gotten one until recently and I figured it would at least be acceptable since it has been around for a few years now but I will never buy it again

I thought it was okay but I have a frozen pizza like once every six months. whats yr rec?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Jacks pepperoni with 7 slices of mozzarella cheese arranged properly on top is better than 99% of pizza.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

thhe 1% are the ones that use 7 slices of kraft

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Chief McHeath posted:

thhe 1% are the ones that use 7 slices of kraft

Only on Halloween when you make a jack-o-lantern face on your pizza. And to wrap around hot dogs with crescent rolls to make Mummy Dogs.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I thought it was okay but I have a frozen pizza like once every six months. whats yr rec?

been on a dr oetker's kick lately

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Totinos last way less longer in the plastic than they did in old boxes which had another plastic wrap inside.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Does anyone have a brand of gluten free frozen pizza they like? No cauliflower crusts please.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Anonymous Robot posted:

Does anyone have a brand of gluten free frozen pizza they like? No cauliflower crusts please.

The only ones my spouse likes are the “Sabatasso” from Costco. They are only cheese so you have to add your own toppings.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Thanks! I have seen those before but didn’t want to buy multiple if they weren’t any good.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What are the best thin crust frozen pizzas? I’m not really into the thick doughy ones

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Snowy posted:

What are the best thin crust frozen pizzas? I’m not really into the thick doughy ones

Jacks is cheap and has the best sauce. As mentioned, I do add a bunch of extra mozzarella but it’s very good right out of the box.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Szyznyk posted:

Jacks is cheap and has the best sauce. As mentioned, I do add a bunch of extra mozzarella but it’s very good right out of the box.

Can confirm. I bought one last week for like $3.50 because of this thread and it was much better than I expected for that price.

----------------

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

alright i had to peep the publix bogo items for the week and they got these "ready to freeze" fellas. so look for them around the deli or a refrigerated endcap. put 1/2 of one in the air fryer 350 for 8 minutes and they are good buddy. bottom crust was a little softer than id like so ill be playing with temp & time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I used convection on my toaster oven and the bottom was pretty soft. Had to leave it in too long and toppings overcooked.

Will try just setting it to bake next time.

It said to put it straight on the rack in the middle of the oven and that's worked before but I guess toaster ovens are different.

I've only had it a few weeks and only tried 1 frozen pizza so I dunno. I had it set to air fry which was probably stupid.